Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Holding back the Atheist Civil Rights Movement since 2008

Topic: TR's Wayback Thread Repository. (Read 550 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
TR's Wayback Thread Repository.
If you find links to TR threads that are permanently cached a la the internet archive/wayback machine, please post the links as replies.  I'll keep the links organized in the 2nd post in this thread.

If you've already posted links in other threads, please post them again here so I'm sure not to miss them.

Thanks!

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: TR's Wayback Thread Repository.
Reply #1
  • Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:53:34 PM by ravenscape

Reply #2
This is not technically a thread link but...

some kind of code from the wayback machine.

found here
Page 1431
There are other links that look like they go to other interesting caches.
  • Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:53:10 PM by buttershug

Reply #3
Look what I just found.

Ninewands' Celebration of Life

I think someone was hoping this thread could be found.

Reply #4
Wind powered vehicle that goes downwind faster than the wind?

Wind powered vehicle that goes faster than the wind - Part 12

I will copy the links I already posted later but I need to go for my walk or I probably won't go at all.

Earlier I was trying to remember if Spork was a believer from the start or not.
And then I try a link blind, and find the first cart thread. (ok I found the 12th one then tried the link for the 1st one)
I think I might end up using a year's worth of Littlwood miracles.

Reply #5
Been looking for the "If you have set yourself on fire, do not run" threadnaught. It seems that meme started several years before Mason started that thread on TR.

Or was it IIDB?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #6
That was IIDB.

Reply #7

Reply #8

Reply #9
uncool school on linear algebra (from dark matters)

I just want to say I'm not picking threads I've found based on what I want.
I'm guessing what others might want.
If I guess wrong, and a thread isn't wanted then I don't mind.

And I found the first intro thread if anyone is interested in that.
And I"m guessing SteveF threads would be appreciated.

I doubt there would be much interest in the 14,000 image links.
Or the hundreds of arcade login pages.
What about the recall threads?
There are tons of those.
Actually I think half of the wayback threads are images, log in screens, recalls and bitching threads.

I did find this image interesting.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #10
I have a morbid interest in TRauma related threads, but it might actually be a healthy thing (for me, not for TR) if I just assumed they are gone forever.

Reply #11

Reply #12

• JonF
Reply #13
I sure would like to see my explanations of U-Pb dating from the radiometric assumptions thread(s).
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #14
Is it possible to see more than the first page of any of those threads?

Reply #15
Is it possible to see more than the first page of any of those threads?
Some of them
Some of them have different pages saved.

I think for the cart thread I found page one and page twelve.
I also saved some html files of pages of links in the wayback machine.

I don't like how it is set up.  I have to go to the page with all the links and wait and wait.
When they all load then I can sort by date or thread name.

When I show a hundred links per page I think I can get it where I can save two or three html files of all the searches the bot did for various tags.  I forget what date the bot did the searching.
If you loaded that html file then clicked on the links it should take you to a cached page of the search results for that tag.

If I figure out how to upload a file when I get home so that others can open it, they should be able to pick links to tag searches.
But most of the links on those pages will be unsaved in the wayback machine. :(

But it is a good way to try and locate specific threads if you can remember tags for it.

While there is a possibility of the database being recovered I don't want to go too crazy looking for stuff.
And I figured if someone is interested in a multipage thread that I find, I can post the first page and they can try all the pages to see what got saved.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #16
There is definitely a possibility.  Os has summoned demons from beyond this world.  Even now, they are doing unspeakable things to the database's corpse.

Reply #17
The Qyburn of database repairers.

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #18
In the Pyramid thread, where I encoded a bunch of astrophysical data into a pyramid using "photonimetres", I have the relative dimensions of the pyramid (that was easy), but I didn't write down the equations.  I could reconstruct them, but that last post where I removed ALL the fudge factors collectively took a bit of time.  Dave especially loved that pyramid.   :grin:

I have a 3-D printer design ready to go, and was about to get a plaque engraved with all the equations (it's hard to find a commercial place that can do even basic arithmetic symbols, ha ha), but I need the equations.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #19
I'm unpinning this thread, since we're not going to need to scrape the wayback machine barrel for TR salvage after all.

This is the last post that was successfully made on TR before the crash:

Quote from: Pingu;2653178
Quote from: osmanthus;2653130
Oh hey, we've known that for years. He's only witnessing, and always has been. He sees himself as a valiant Christian in the Colosseum, standing up to the lions and the mob.

(where octohatters are the lions, and the mob is any layperson even tenuously acquainted with reality)

I don't think it's that.

I don't think he's particularly religious.  I think what Dave believes in is Dave's Brilliance.  Playing Simultaneous Chess with dozens of Octohatters on a Science Forum is the impression he's after creating.  But that's no use to him if he can't link to it, and it be a Science Forum.  He wasn't best pleased to find himself in HASH, but ASS would be beyond the pale and you can't link to TIH.

It's not for the pews, it's for the Potential Investors.  And possibly for the Ladies.

(I used the send-email icon on the post to quote it)

Reply #20
I think this is the last post # 2653180
Quote from: Photon
If you are going to mount an animal, be sure to get consent first.

Seems fitting that this is what killed it....