• nesb
  • Needs a Life

Re: Westworld
Reply #4
Granted, the show's missing a golden opportunity to use this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_6K1xGApY

Reply #5
Westworld sucks. Dialogue isn't bad at all but retracts in indistinctness as soon as it could get interesting. And since it is so predictable beyond those glossy scenery and acting scenes, that was the only point worth the while. And it uses a cheap trick having the actors playing the hosts acting more convincing than their human counterparts. So it's all over before it even started. So instead of being about the emergence of AI or the usual revolt ensuing from it, it could be more about having the AI trope as means of production for a decent storyline using a muddled up collection of stereotypes to begin with. 

Reply #6
"retracts in indistinctness," ugh shut up

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #7
Westworld sucks. Dialogue isn't bad at all but retracts in indistinctness as soon as it could get interesting. And since it is so predictable beyond those glossy scenery and acting scenes, that was the only point worth the while. And it uses a cheap trick having the actors playing the hosts acting more convincing than their human counterparts. So it's all over before it even started. So instead of being about the emergence of AI or the usual revolt ensuing from it, it could be more about having the AI trope as means of production for a decent storyline using a muddled up collection of stereotypes to begin with.
You only have one chance at making a first post on a new forum . . . and this is what you waste it on?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #8
*beep boop*
Actually that was his 3rd post.  His other two are utoob videos and I can't check those while I'm at work.
*beep boop*

Reply #9
It could have been worse. We could have seen the return of That Thread.
Why do I bother?

Reply #10
You only have one chance at making a first post on a new forum . . . and this is what you waste it on?
Now imagine if I only had one chance at making a second post on a new forum . . . Oh, that's right.
I better not waste my only chance with the third post, or else . . . I'll only have a single chance with the forth one.

Reply #11
why don't you waste a post on

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #12
deez nuts

Reply #13
so why were there jokes about schneibster that referenced the movie this is based on

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #14
Season finale last night.

The show had some weak points (like those two idiots that helped Maeve because reasons) but the finale was awesome.

I'm not sure what they're going to do in Season 2.  To me it feels like the show could have just been successfully ended with this season.

Also the music choices were outstanding the entire season.  I love the opening theme.

eta: "omg, they killed Teddy!  You bastards!"

Reply #15
theyre going to samuraiworld, duh

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #16
Can't wait to see how Dolores-san wokes!

• tysixtus
  • SAMURAI DORUGO

Reply #17
This show is awesome, finally got the HBO channel through Amazon Prime for a free month, and I just watched all of them in a few days.

The writing is great, and Jeffrey Wright is a terrific actor.  I saw him in "A Single Shot" and then Boardwalk Empire, he is consistently great.

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #18
I also loved the soundtrack.

Reply #19
the cover of Paint it Black was the best