Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TR: A harassment hub that is about to be kicked off the Internet for violating laws in Michigan, Arizona, and New York

Topic: Apple's New MacBook Pro Isn't For Pros, And Pros Know It (Read 271 times) previous topic - next topic

Apple's New MacBook Pro Isn't For Pros, And Pros Know It
So, the Applocalypse seems to be underway. Everybody using a MacBook Pro hates the changes in the new model. At work, I heard our developers have gotten approval to purchase System76 laptops running Ubuntu for new hires and replacing MacBooks. They aren't having any of this software ESC key business. No sir. Me, I just got an upgrade to a verrry nice MacBook Pro about 2 months ago. My previous work-provided notebook was a Lenovo T400 running Windows 8.1.  I can run Linux on whatever machine they provide if I want, no one will stop me, and many of my co-workers do, and I did it for many years too. But I just don't want to provide my own support and troubleshooting anymore for the company-provided computer.  I got more interesting things to do these days. But I don't like giving up the top row of hardware keys for that touch strip thing, not at all. So my first company-provided MacBook might be my last.

Apple just handed Microsoft the keys to the kingdom

New MacBook Pro Should Have Been Named MacBook Air

Re: Apple's New MacBook Pro Isn't For Pros, And Pros Know It
Reply #1

Reply #2
That's the best commentary on this I've seen yet. It's also funny as shit just on its own.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #3
Apple has been ignoring their computers in favor of their shitty phones for a while now. I like my macbook pro [it's a few years old now] but I don't even run macos on it.

Reply #4
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor