Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Aint been evicted just yet, but thanks for your kind offer to move into that lovely bar fight youve got going over there.

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 70985 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Trumpocalypse
White House Staff

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus - final
Chief White House Strategist: Steve Bannon - final
White House Counsel: Tom McGahn - final

Cabinet Positions (announced or credibly rumoured)
Attorney General: Jeff Sessions
Secretary of State: Rex Tillerson (Exxon CEO) John Bolton/Mitt Romney (Pence says Romney under active consideration)
Secretary of Defense: James (Mad Dog) Mattis - final
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Ben Carson (that was quick)
Secretary of Education: Betsy DeVos - final
UN Ambassador: Nikki Haley (Gov, S.C.) - final
Secretary of Transportation: Elaine Chao (Mitch McConnell's wife)
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Tom Ritch (Georgia Representative) - final
Secretary of Treasury: Steven Mnuchen (former Goldman-Sachs) - final
Commerce Secretary:  Wilbur Ross - final
Secretary of Veterans Affairs:  Sarah Palin
Secretary of Energy:  Rick Perry

National Security (announced or credibly rumoured)

National Security Advisor: Michael Flynn
CIA Director: Mike Pompeo

Other Insane Appointments
Environmental Protection Agency:  Scott Pruitt, climate change dissenter
Small Business Administration: Linda McMahon (WWE cofounder)
Secretary of the Army: Vince Viola, majority owner of Florida Panthers

List will be updated as stuff happens

ETA I'm expanding the scope of this thread to chronicle some of the social and cultural seismic events of the Trumpocalypse.  This isn't about an election anymore.
  • Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:39:31 AM by ravenscape

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Trumpocalypse - The Cast
Reply #1

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #2
Some guy on the Diane Rehm show this morning said no way in hell is Romney getting SoS.  The meeting was just political theater.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3
To flesh it out a little bit:

White House Staff

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus, slimy political strategist with no government experience
Chief White House Strategist: Steve Bannon, anti-Semitic, racist, lunatic extremist wife beater extraordinaire

Attorney General: Jeff Sessions, avowed racist, homophobe and xenophobe who thinks the Voting Rights Act is a "piece of intrusive legislation" and who will be overseeing the corpse of the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ
Secretary of State: John Bolton, neocon hawk who thinks we need regime change in Iran

National Security Advisor: Michael Flynn, noted unstable lunatic who was pushed out of the DIA for being unstable and abusive. Receives money from Erdogan's government through his lobbying firm and sat in on intelligence briefs while still receiving money from foreign government clients. Worked for RT. Has horribly racist moron son who pushes conspiracy theories like Huma Abedin being part of the Muslim Brotherhood and Marco Rubio attending cocaine-fueled gay foam parties. Iran hawk. Thinks Islam is a cancer. Retweeted a fake news story about Hillary and Pedophile Island with a "you decide." Your racist uncle memes come to life in human form.
CIA Director: Mike Pompeio, Tea Party nutjob who thinks the NSA should be allowed to conduct mass surveillance of American citizens and maintain a database with as much information as possible. Thinks all Muslims are potentially complicit in terrorism. Has really awful shitty opinions about domestic policies, too, if that weren't bad enough.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #4
Jesse Ventura's prediction is coming true.

Reply #5

White House Staff

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus, slimy political strategist with no government experience
Chief White House Strategist: Steve Bannon, anti-Semitic, racist, lunatic extremist wife beater extraordinaire

Attorney General: Jeff Sessions, avowed racist, homophobe and xenophobe who thinks the Voting Rights Act is a "piece of intrusive legislation" and who will be overseeing the corpse of the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ
Secretary of State: John Bolton, neocon hawk who thinks we need regime change in Iran

National Security Advisor: Michael Flynn, noted unstable lunatic who was pushed out of the DIA for being unstable and abusive. Receives money from Erdogan's government through his lobbying firm and sat in on intelligence briefs while still receiving money from foreign government clients. Worked for RT. Has horribly racist moron son who pushes conspiracy theories like Huma Abedin being part of the Muslim Brotherhood and Marco Rubio attending cocaine-fueled gay foam parties. Iran hawk. Thinks Islam is a cancer. Retweeted a fake news story about Hillary and Pedophile Island with a "you decide." Your racist uncle memes come to life in human form.
CIA Director: Mike Pompeio, Tea Party nutjob who thinks the NSA should be allowed to conduct mass surveillance of American citizens and maintain a database with as much information as possible. Thinks all Muslims are potentially complicit in terrorism. Has really awful shitty opinions about domestic policies, too, if that weren't bad enough.

can I post this to FB?

eta with or without identifying you as the source, up to you

Reply #6

White House Staff

to be fair to Marco Rubio, that would actually move him up a notch in my estimation.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #7
See my ETA about the scope of this thread.

Samantha Bee's head writer on life after the election: "we're at a point where laughing is a subversive act"

We're dealing with heavy stuff and we don't want to treat it like a joke. People are going to be hurt. Families are going to be torn apart. We don't want to treat that as a punchline.

At the same time, we're at a point where laughing is a subversive act now. So when we can call Trump's possible EPA guy "hot lips" or "surprisingly kissable" just because his photo has red lips, it's a release. Being able to laugh like that is really necessary.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #8
Now I know how Testy spends his weekends.
Truth is out of style

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #9
Here's a question I have about the article I linked above.

Jo Miller says:

You're going to have an all-out war on CNN, you can already see that brewing.

This came up in a paragraph about Theil crippling the fourth estate with lawsuits, but I'm not sure if it was a related point or not?

What is going on at CNN that suggests an all out war is coming there? 

I stopped watching CNN because all they were showing was surrogates screaming at each other, talking over each other, and insulting each other.  It wasn't news, and it certainly wasn't journalistic.  What did I miss?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #10
Oh hey,

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-is-in-advanced-talks-to-settle-trump-university-fraud-allegations-1479488654

$25 mil settlement to prevent this going to court before the electoral college thing happens.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #11
Reince Priebus sounds like a nasty bladder condition.
Truth is out of style

Reply #12
Now I know how Testy spends his weekends.
My choice is what I choose to do
If I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you
Your choice is who you choose to be
If your causing no harm then your all right with me

Let us burn one from end to end
Pass it over to me my friend
And if you don't like my fire then don't come around
Cause I'm gonna burn one down

Reply #13
Here's a question I have about the article I linked above.

Jo Miller says:

You're going to have an all-out war on CNN, you can already see that brewing.

This came up in a paragraph about Theil crippling the fourth estate with lawsuits, but I'm not sure if it was a related point or not?

What is going on at CNN that suggests an all out war is coming there? 

I stopped watching CNN because all they were showing was surrogates screaming at each other, talking over each other, and insulting each other.  It wasn't news, and it certainly wasn't journalistic.  What did I miss?
I don't watch CNN either. But if there's fireworks and drama, I'm in.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #14

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #15

White House Staff

can I post this to FB?

eta with or without identifying you as the source, up to you

Sure, but I'd rather you not tag me in it.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #16
This layer cake is going to be nutjobs all the way down. Thousands of them.
Truth is out of style

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #17
hey, I was about to start a thread with this exact title and scope!

though I wasn't planning on putting this much effort into it.

• el jefe
Reply #18

White House Staff

Secretary of State: John Bolton, neocon hawk who thinks we need regime change in Iran ...
yeah my first thought with sessions was about civil rights cases and police abuse.  local departments do a terrible job policing themselves, but usually we can at least count on the feds to fill some of the gap with civil rights charges.  so of course Jeff Secessions is in charge of it now.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #19
The smart Federal Attorneys will be the lower ranked ones that keep their heads down, show no particularly aptitude and keep really detailed extremely private journals. The future will be full of prosecutions. Prosecutions so easy it''ll be like shooting fish in a fish bowl.
Are we there yet?

• el jefe
Reply #20
trump is really changing the perception that he's a racist by including two white nationalists in his first handful of cabinet picks

• el jefe
Reply #21
The smart Federal Attorneys will be the lower ranked ones that keep their heads down, show no particularly aptitude and keep really detailed extremely private journals. The future will be full of prosecutions. Prosecutions so easy it''ll be like shooting fish in a fish bowl.
ooh, but are there statutes of limitations that would expire before the next president?

• Fenrir
Reply #22
ooh, but are there statutes of limitations that would expire before the next president?

That depends. How long do you think he's got? :sherlock:
It's what plants crave.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #23
Pence attended Hamilton on Broadway tonight.  He got booed.  Also, this happened.

As the play ended, the actor who played Aaron Burr, Brandon Victor Dixon, acknowledged that Mr. Pence was in the audience, thanked him for attending and added, "We hope you will hear us out."

"We, sir -- we -- are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights," he said. "We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf all of us."

The audience broke out in enthusiastic applause and cheers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/mike-pence-hamilton.html

Reply #24
lol i guess the republicans feel triggered by this. Maybe they need safe spaces and trigger warnings