Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 65916 times) previous topic - next topic

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #5400
Chametz is the Hebrew word for leavened bread products that are forbidden on Passover. Many Jews make a ritual of sweeping their homes free of every leavened crumb.
Read more: http://forward.com/fast-forward/369583/new-yorker-critic-wins-twitter-with-jason-chaffetz-passover-pun/

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024

Reply #5401
heh, ok

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #5402
heh, ok
Yeah, that's about the reaction I had.  It didn't quite live up to the forward.com headline. But I thought maybe people that knew Hebrew would find it funnier if they didn't have to have it explained.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5403
House Oversight Committee calls on Trump's business to prove he's not violating the Constitution

During the January 11 news conference, Dillon said that Trump's plan to circumvent the constitutional problem posed by deals of that sort is "to voluntarily donate all profits from foreign government payments made to his hotel to the United States Treasury."

But as of March 17, the Trump Organization hadn't donated any foreign profits, according to USA Today.

"The Trump Organization now says it plans to make the donation after the end of the calendar year," USA Today reported, but Trump's business "would not provide a copy of the policy or otherwise explain how Trump hotels and similar businesses will separate profits from foreign governments' rentals of rooms and suites, conference rooms and banquet facilities, or payments for other services at its hotels, and deliver the money to the Treasury as the president and his lawyers spelled out in a nationally televised January news conference."
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Bilirubin
  • Needs a Life
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'

Reply #5404
heh, ok
Yeah, that's about the reaction I had.  It didn't quite live up to the forward.com headline. But I thought maybe people that knew Hebrew would find it funnier if they didn't have to have it explained.
Or indeed ANY joke they didn't have to have explained.

/ST

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #5405
Surgeon general is removed by Trump administration, replaced by deputy for now
Not terribly surprising.
Murthy was appointed by Obama, and was outspoken on (1) gun violence as a public health issue and (2) vaccination.

It will be interesting to see who Trump picks to replace him.
We can be pretty sure whoever it is will toe the party (i.e. NRA) line on guns.
But what about vaccine skepticism?  :popcorn:

FTR - I predict no; I predict this will be one of those areas where Trump just threw out that crap to energize the wing nuts and doesn't really care about it. Maybe some doctor will give him a ten minute course and educate him on the subject. 
"Nobody knew immunology could be so complicated!"
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Fenrir
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5406
Pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to find someone who is a gun nut and a vaccine fruitloop. Intersecting demographics and all.
It's what plants crave.

Reply #5407

Reply #5408
 :911:

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #5409
Your president is unhinged:

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83
Did he really do this?

AP: Do you feel like that's one thing that you've changed, that you maybe are actually asking the direct questions about some of these things?
TRUMP: Yeah. Let me give me an example. A little before I took office there was a terrible article about the F-35 fighter jet. It was hundreds of billions of dollars over budget. It was seven years behind schedule. It was a disaster. So I called in Lockheed and I said, "I'm sorry, we're going to have to bid this out to another company, namely Boeing," or whoever else. But Boeing. And I called in Boeing and I started getting competing offers back and forth. ...
TRUMP: I saved $725 million on the 90 planes. Just 90. Now there are 3,000 planes that are going to be ordered. On 90 planes I saved $725 million. It's actually a little bit more than that, but it's $725 million. Gen. Mattis, who had to sign the deal when it came to his office, said, "I've never seen anything like this in my life." We went from a company that wanted more money for the planes to a company that cut. And the reason they cut -- same planes, same everything -- was because of me. I mean, because that's what I do.

Because that is revolutionary.  He really isn't beholden to anybody, he isn't worried about how much money people might give or withhold from his war chest.  But he does seem to not like getting ripped off by a defense contract.

How is that unhinged?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #5410
 :parrot:
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #5411
Spoiler: Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #5412
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5413

AP: This morning you tweeted that after the possible terrorist attack in Paris, that it will have a big effect on the upcoming French election. What did you mean by that?

TRUMP: Well, I think it will have a big effect on who people are going to vote for in the election.

AP: Do you think it's going to help Marine Le Pen?

TRUMP: I think so.

AP: Do you believe that she should be the president?

TRUMP: No, I have no comment on that, but I think that it'll probably help her because she is the strongest on borders and she is the strongest on what's been going on in France.

AP: Do you worry at all that by saying that, that a terrorist attack would have an impact on a democratic election, that it would actually embolden terrorists to try to --.

TRUMP: No. Look, everybody is making predictions who is going to win. I am no different than you, you could say the same thing. ...

AP: I just wonder if you are encouraging, you are the president of the United States, so to say that you worry that it encourages terrorists ...

TRUMP: No, I am no different than -- no, I think it discourages terrorists, I think it discourages. I think what we've done on the border discourages it. I think that my stance on having people come in to this country that we have no idea who they are and in certain cases you will have radical Islamic terrorism. I'm not going to have it in this country. I'm not going to let what happened to France and other places happen here. And it's already largely, you know -- we have tens -- we have hundreds of thousands of people that have been allowed into our country that should not be here. They shouldn't be here. We have people allowed into our country with no documentation whatsoever. They have no documentation and they were allowed under the previous administrations, they were allowed into our country. It's a big mistake.

AP: Just so that I am clear. You are not endorsing her for the office, but you are --

TRUMP: I am not endorsing her and I didn't mention her name.

AP: Right, I just wanted to make sure I have that clear.

TRUMP: I believe whoever is the toughest on radical Islamic terrorism and whoever is the toughest at the borders will do well at the election. I am not saying that person is going to win, she is not even favored to win, you know. Right now, she is in second place

:gonk:

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5414

Did he really do this?

AP: Do you feel like that's one thing that you've changed, that you maybe are actually asking the direct questions about some of these things?
TRUMP: Yeah. Let me give me an example. A little before I took office there was a terrible article about the F-35 fighter jet. It was hundreds of billions of dollars over budget. It was seven years behind schedule. It was a disaster. So I called in Lockheed and I said, "I'm sorry, we're going to have to bid this out to another company, namely Boeing," or whoever else. But Boeing. And I called in Boeing and I started getting competing offers back and forth. ...
TRUMP: I saved $725 million on the 90 planes. Just 90. Now there are 3,000 planes that are going to be ordered. On 90 planes I saved $725 million. It's actually a little bit more than that, but it's $725 million. Gen. Mattis, who had to sign the deal when it came to his office, said, "I've never seen anything like this in my life." We went from a company that wanted more money for the planes to a company that cut. And the reason they cut -- same planes, same everything -- was because of me. I mean, because that's what I do.

Because that is revolutionary.  He really isn't beholden to anybody, he isn't worried about how much money people might give or withhold from his war chest.  But he does seem to not like getting ripped off by a defense contract.

How is that unhinged?
Because it's a fantasy. He didn't get the price reduced.  How Trump got credit for slashing price of fighter jet when he didn't, Trump's claims of saving millions on F-35 jet untrue, says armed services committee Dem, F-35 Cost Cuts Had Little To Do With President Trump.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #5415
jonf.

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #5416
― Mark Twain 🔭

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5417
Trump boots second government employee from current post after Breitbart attacks them by name

Nowrouzzadeh came under fire from the Breitbartites for her Iranian-American ethnicity, for her role helping to craft the Iranian nuclear deal, and for the usual "alt-right" racist drivel supposing that her college-aged work as an intern for an Iranian-American group was truly a front for blah blah burpfart blah. (The pattern of targeting individual Americans for conspiracy-laden smearing will be familiar to any watcher of the far-right, from 12-year old S-chip recipients to charity workers to career civil servants.)

While career government officials are in theory protected from being fired in partisan purges, they aren't protected from being reassigned out of their jobs and into others. This is the second time Breitbart conspiracy-laden attacks on named government officials have immediately preceded the Trump administration doing just that; you could forgive a person for coming to the obvious conclusion that the critters scurrying around the current office are purging government offices based on the conspiracy theories they read on far-right websites. We know, after all, that Donald Trump is prone to believing anything he reads on Twitter.

• Monad
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5418

Did he really do this?

Trump'll fix it

Reply #5419

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #5420
how long before they start selling lularoe and mary kay

oh wait, just remembered that months ago melania's bio on the transition site linked to her QVC jewelry fuck this planet

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5421
why do you hate girl entrepreneurs?
  • Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:41:38 PM by ksen

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5422
TRUMP: President Xi, we have a, like, a really great relationship. For me to call him a currency manipulator and then say, "By the way, I'd like you to solve the North Korean problem," doesn't work. So you have to have a certain flexibility, Number One. Number Two, from the time I took office till now, you know, it's a very exact thing. It's not like generalities. Do you want a Coke or anything?

AP: I'm OK, thank you.

:gonk:  :gonk:  :gonk:

Reply #5423
TRUMP: President Xi, we have a, like, a really great relationship. For me to call him a currency manipulator and then say, "By the way, I'd like you to solve the North Korean problem," doesn't work. So you have to have a certain flexibility, Number One. Number Two, from the time I took office till now, you know, it's a very exact thing. It's not like generalities. Do you want a Coke or anything?

AP: I'm OK, thank you.

:gonk:  :gonk:  :gonk:
Product placement has just jumped the shark.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5424
Huh, at least he's a thoughtful host.