Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: CalExit 2019! (Read 454 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CalExit 2019!
Reply #25
This article proposes a sort of virtual exit for all blue states.  It's extremely rose-tinted, but I think parts are already in progress.

https://newrepublic.com/article/140948/bluexit-blue-states-exit-trump-red-america
Given, as he acknowledges, Trump voters already live in their own world of alternative facts, I can't see how making things worse for them would somehow make them see the error of their ways. It would just make them double down, like everything does. Anything bad is always somehow the fault of the liberals. How would any of this change that?

Nazi Germany is the popular metaphor, but I'm starting to think Trump's America may actually be more like North Korea. Red America will remain always and forever the greatest nation on the planet, even as they starve to death, praise Dear Leader!

Yeah I think seeing the error of their ways part is exceptionally rose-tinted even for a liberal.

But, I think blue states playing states rights for all it's worth can help blue states preserve some of what the rest of the country is going to lose.

This is why I have always been ok with states rights behavior because you get 50 places where a group can get it right as opposed to ending up with a trump.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #26
This ain't happening.

• RAFH
  • Needs a Life
  • Have a life, already.

Reply #27
This article proposes a sort of virtual exit for all blue states.  It's extremely rose-tinted, but I think parts are already in progress.

https://newrepublic.com/article/140948/bluexit-blue-states-exit-trump-red-america
Given, as he acknowledges, Trump voters already live in their own world of alternative facts, I can't see how making things worse for them would somehow make them see the error of their ways. It would just make them double down, like everything does. Anything bad is always somehow the fault of the liberals. How would any of this change that?

Nazi Germany is the popular metaphor, but I'm starting to think Trump's America may actually be more like North Korea. Red America will remain always and forever the greatest nation on the planet, even as they starve to death, praise Dear Leader!

Yeah I think seeing the error of their ways part is exceptionally rose-tinted even for a liberal.

But, I think blue states playing states rights for all it's worth can help blue states preserve some of what the rest of the country is going to lose.

This is why I have always been ok with states rights behavior because you get 50 places where a group can get it right as opposed to ending up with a trump.
Or you could end up with 50 Trumps.
Are we there yet?

Reply #28

Or you could end up with 50 Trumps.
You could. True. But it's a lot easier to take direct action locally.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #29
I blame much of the current troubles on the leniency of the blue states. They can't run and hide from the shit storm they had a hand in making. The South once rose in armed rebellion, you might recall. It would have been entirely justifiable to hang each and every one of their traitorous governors, senators, judges and mayors from the nearest tree, make an example of such abhorrent behavior. Burn their cities, burden the previous slave holders with fair and due reparations. But no. We can't have justice. Let's welcome the traitors back into the fold with open arms. Let's turn a blind eye to their armed rebellion. Let's let their backwards ideologies influence policy for the next couple of hundred years. You didn't distribute justice when you had a chance. This is what you get.

Saw this and thought of you!

• MikeS
  • Needs a Life

Reply #30
That's so 1864.

Reply #31
I blame much of the current troubles on the leniency of the blue states. They can't run and hide from the shit storm they had a hand in making. The South once rose in armed rebellion, you might recall. It would have been entirely justifiable to hang each and every one of their traitorous governors, senators, judges and mayors from the nearest tree, make an example of such abhorrent behavior. Burn their cities, burden the previous slave holders with fair and due reparations. But no. We can't have justice. Let's welcome the traitors back into the fold with open arms. Let's turn a blind eye to their armed rebellion. Let's let their backwards ideologies influence policy for the next couple of hundred years. You didn't distribute justice when you had a chance. This is what you get.
i too would have hung liberally but i am not sure the connection between the north circa 1865-1875 and modern "blue states" is this clear.

Reply #32