Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Anti-vax stupidity from Cleveland Clinic MD (Read 3440 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Anti-vax stupidity from Cleveland Clinic MD
Reply #25
Lizzie owns this forum.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #26
What did meepmeep misrepresent?

I see no misrepresernation whatsoever.  You accusations are unfounded.  You called her a liar solely because you don't like the truth she wrote.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #27
I suggest people ignore Dave on this thread.  If he wants to start another one, let him.
Sound advice. If he ever actually contributes anything substantive, I might change my mind.
But so far it's nothing but content-free name calling and (mostly negative) cheerleading.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #28
Here's some substance ...

God created my immune system and the immune systems of my kids and grandkids.

Stop fucking with our immune systems and lying about it.

Reply #29
That's essentially what the author (Voxrat's new witch burning target) in the article is saying as well.

• Fenrir

Reply #30
Dave's feeling particularly inadequate today.
It's what plants crave.

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #31
There is increasing evidence that inflammatory processes, including those in response to infectious diseases, play a role in a number of mental disorders, including BP, schizophrenia and autism, and that flu during pregnancy is a substantial risk factor for all these.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #32

Content-free bluster.

What did meppmeep misrepresent?  Your silence says "nothing".
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #33
On a side note...
I think this is the first we've learned that Hawkins has achieved grandparenthood:
I guess congratulations are in order, even if he can't bring any substance to this discussion.  :banana:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Needs a Life
  • Have a life, already.

Reply #34

That's about as substantive as you get, Bluffy. Hot and blustery. With a touch of bravado.

You have grandkids?

If so, my condolences to them.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Needs a Life
  • Have a life, already.

Reply #35
Dave's feeling particularly inadequate today.

It's Sunday.
Are we there yet?

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #36
I predict Dr. Neides is going to have a very long - or possibly very short - day at work on Monday:

Doctor's anti-vaccine claims ignite PR firestorm for Cleveland Clinic
Scientists and doctors were horrified about the misinformation contained in the article, especially given that the source is affiliated with a such a prestigious medical institution. A spokesperson for Cleveland Clinic told STAT on Saturday that Neides "will not be doing an interview."

"He wrote this opinion piece on his own and it does not reflect the position of the Cleveland Clinic whatsoever, and we strongly support vaccinations and the protection of patients and employees," said Eileen Sheil, executive director of corporate communications for the medical center.

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #37
My guess is that the good doctor has discovered a more profitable affiliation for the future, and he's building up his resume. Perhaps a book is even in the works?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• nesb

Reply #38
My guess is that the good doctor has discovered a more profitable affiliation for the future, and he's building up his resume. Perhaps a book is even in the works?

I was seconds from posting that he might just have been paid off by foodbabe.com, as opposed to having a crippling phobia of toxins, driving him slowly into madness. This doesn't have to be either/or, though.

Reply #39
Among the comments:

LindaRosaRN says: January 8, 2017 at 10:03 am
 This was predictable. Cleveland Clinic has funded an infamously quacky "Wellness Institute" for a long time. Chiropractic, acupuncture, "energy medicine," Chinese herbal medicine -- all hokum. Who but someone who is delusional would head such a department?
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/wellness/integrative-medicine/treatments-services
Knew it. 'Wellness' is newspeak for alternative quackery.

ETA: Other comments expand on the nonsense being promoted by this health facility. Really, legitimate medical facilities should not allow any of these charlatans to get a toe in the door, regardless of how lucrative it is, or how much their patients 'want choice'. Jfc.
  • Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:09:52 AM by borealis

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #40

No. That is not "substance".
The fact that you think it is just confirms that you don't know the difference between science and cheerleading.
But I suppose you could call this:
That's essentially what the author (Voxrat's new witch burning target) in the article is saying as well.
... "substance", in that you are making a falsifiable claim.  So I'll respond.

No, that is definitely NOT what he is saying, "essentially" or otherwise.
Nowhere in the article does he say anything that could be remotely construed as anyone "fucking with our immune systems", or "lying about it". 

The article is about alleged effects of alleged "toxins". The only, tangential, connection with immune system disorders is in his mention in passing (with no support whatsoever) of unspecified "auto-immune diseases" among a litany of other problems hand-wavily attributed to unspecified "toxins" - no connection with any specific vaccine or vaccines in general.

In fact he admits that - as far as immunity goes - vaccines do what they are supposed to
Some of the vaccines have helped reduce the incidence of childhood communicable diseases, like meningitis and pneumonia. That is great news. ...
So let me be clear - vaccines can be helpful when used properly.

You claim to have read the guy's article, but you appear not to even have Hawkinzed it.
And you have the temerity to accuse meepmeep of being a "fucking liar" for "misrepresenting" it.

Despicable.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #41
Among the comments:

This was predictable. Cleveland Clinic has funded an infamously quacky "Wellness Institute" for a long time. Chiropractic, acupuncture, "energy medicine," Chinese herbal medicine -- all hokum. Who but someone who is delusional would head such a department?
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/wellness/integrative-medicine/treatments-services

ETA: Other comments expand on the nonsense being promoted by this health facility. Really, legitimate medical facilities should not allow any of these charlatans to get a toe in the door, regardless of how lucrative it is, or how much their patients 'want choice'. Jfc.

I linked to their page on reiki earlier but it got buried under everybody responding to Dave because nobody ever learns their fucking lesson to ignore him even after years and years of the same dumb derails. :meeps:

Reply #42

Content-free bluster.

Well first of all, she claimed that he wrote "thimerosol = death" and "formaldehyde = death"

But he did  not write that.

A lie.

Reply #43
Want me to keep going?

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #44
Among the comments:

Yeah.  I mean promoting generally harmless "alternatives" that might be effective placebo response evokers is one thing, but actively posting misinformation more likely to increase disease prevalence - including the prevalence of autism - is quite another.

And the article is conspicuously devoid of any relevant references whatsoever.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #45

Content-free bluster.

Well first of all, she claimed that he wrote "thimerosol = death" and "formaldehyde = death"

But he did  not write that.

A lie.
Yeah, forming logical and inescapable conclusions from what he wrote is not allowed. Standard YEC bullshit.

He wrote:

Why would any of us want to be injected with mercury if it can potentially cause harm?

Repeats the long-debunked claim that is harmful and obviously implies the spectre of death.

And worse yet, formaldehyde is a known carcinogen.

Again, introducing cancer obviously means death..
  • Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:39:45 AM by JonF

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #46
Want me to keep going?
Well, two failures for two tries.  Yeah, keep going.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #47
Among the comments:

I linked to their page on reiki earlier but it got buried under everybody responding to Dave because nobody ever learns their fucking lesson to ignore him even after years and years of the same dumb derails. :meeps:
Sorry...
Perhaps a mod could move the clown show to its own thread.

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #48

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #49