Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: The thesis distraction thread (Read 1455 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The thesis distraction thread
Reply #75
I mean, baseline it was a one or two 3 hour time slot per week. But minimums were coming up quickly and, I was doing pretty bad; I need a lot more practice than I could reasonably fit in the time that was left, and I didn't want to pay the extra $200 when it wasn't going to actually pay off. So, I'll practice at a relaxed pace over the next year and then try again, starting with slightly more than fuck all.

Reply #76
I can't really do this anymore so I think I'm going to get the fuck out with a masters before I end up dead.

Reply #77
Like, seriously. There is nothing I want to do after this that actually requires a PhD, and my health is more important to me than this bullshit.

Reply #78
Also I'm not even getting paid anymore.

So at this point I'm gonna be going into debt to get a degree my hearts not even remotely in anymore, by trying to write a thing I haven't made real progress on in a year, and that is completely destroying my mental health.
  • Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:47:52 AM by Taygete

Reply #79
:hug:
 :hug:  :hug:
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Reply #80
Also I'm not even getting paid anymore.

So at this point I'm gonna be going into debt to get a degree my hearts not even remotely in anymore, by trying to write a thing I haven't made real progress on in a year, and that is completely destroying my mental health.

Hope you got out okay xxx

Are you happier now?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #81
Like, seriously. There is nothing I want to do after this that actually requires a PhD, and my health is more important to me than this bullshit.
Taygete, sounds like you and The Idea of Harambe are in a similar place.