Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• "it's a goddamn massage board" for Christ sakes.

Topic: Who is the lying SOB that created this image? (Read 15719 times) previous topic - next topic

Who is the lying SOB that created this image?

Re: Who is the lying SOB that created this image?
Reply #1
"Alternative science"

Also, Catholics believe in Evolution, so they're clearly not to be trusted.
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #2
you are one gullible tool, Hawkins.

That's the only reason I can think of why this should  be in "A.S.S."
Pseudoscience being all about gullible tools.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #3
A tool?  How so?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #4
A tool?  How so?
By buying and promulgating this bullshit story.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #5
The media's clear implication was that Trump was mocking the way Kovaleski moved his arms. People watching the clip of Trump's impersonation only knew that Kovaleski was disabled. Thus, they naturally assumed Kovaleski's disability must be similar to cerebral palsy where he has limited control of his movements and is prone to have muscle spasms or move his arms in jerky motions as Trump was doing at the rally.

This is pretty amusing.  "Trump wasn't mocking the disabled reporter because he didn't accurately imitate the specific disability"

ETA: and I mean, look at all the times Trump made those same gestures when talking about other able bodied reporters. Amiright?
  • Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:33:00 AM by entropy
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Reply #6
jesus christ you are an idiot.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #7
A tool?  How so?
Oh?

Have you seen ALL the Trump "hand gesture" videos? There's quite collection now.

Reply #8
you have taken plausible deniability to an art form you dumbshit.

Reply #9
Oh?

Reply #10
A tool?  How so?
Oh?

Have you seen ALL the Trump "hand gesture" videos? There's quite collection now.
Well ... have you?

• JonF
Reply #11
A tool?  How so?
Oh?

How many of them look like that?  One?
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #12
A tool?  How so?
Oh?

Well ... have you?
Please post another one of him doing those gestures since you know so much about them?
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #13
http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/28/donald-trump-criticized-for-mocking-disabled-reporter/

Whatever conclusion you come to about whether that crooked wrist angle he adopted was supposed to be an imitation of Kovaleski's crooked wrist (and he actually CLAIMED at the time to be imitating him - he said "you should have seen him" as he did his imitation, simultaneously saying words he attributed to Kovaleski) are you aware that the entire story is a lie by Trump?

Here was Trump's original claim:

Quote from: Trump
I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.

Shortly afterwards, in an interview, he repeated the allegation:

Quote from: Trump
There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down -- as those buildings came down. And that tells you something. It was well covered at the time, George. Now, I know they don't like to talk about it, but it was well covered at the time. There were people over in New Jersey that were watching it, a heavy Arab population, that were cheering as the buildings came down. Not good.

Trump responded to criticism for making this claim by citing a piece by Kovaleski in WaPo

Quote from: Kovaleski in WaPo
In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

Note that Kovaleski does NOT report that "thousands and thousands of people were cheering" but that arrests were made following ALLEGATIONS that some people were celebrating.

As far as I am aware, Trump has offered NO fellow witnesses other than himself to those "thousands and thousands of people".  Despite, presumably, the people being in New Jersey - was Trump watching from a window on Trump Tower?  Or television?  Why no other witnesses?

In other words, Trump lied.  And when apparently he challenged Kovaleski about Kovaleski's report, Kovaleski not surprisingly could not remember reporting any such thing - because he didn't.

Yet Trump imitated Kovaleski's  response - imitating his words (whether fairly or not); his gestures (whether fairly or not) and hooking his hand over as Kovaleski's did. And implying that Kovaleski should have retracted the piece if it was not true.  Yet nothing in that piece was untrue - nor did the piece say that "thousands and thousands of people cheered" the destruction of the towers. 

In other words Trump was, as he does so often, covering his own ass by insulting someone else, often by imitation. The fact that the in this cases the imitation appears to include an imitation of the reporter's deformed hand position is only last straw. 

Even if you were to give him the benefit of the doubt (and I don't), the entire story is appallling.  A bigoted lie, supported by a lying appeal to evidence that does not support him, followed by an insulting imitation of the writer of that alleged evidence, followed by an implication that the reporter should have retracted the piece as a lie if it was not true.

And this from a man who today accussed Senator John Lewis of "talk, talk, talk - no action or results".  On the eve of Martin Luther King's birthday.

No, I don't give him the benefit of the doubt. The man has the empathy of a walnut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX9reO3QnUA
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• JonF
Reply #14
Or the empathy of a Dave Hawkins.

Reply #15
Dave, Trump is a lying piece of shit that meets the criteria for the ethical dilemma of what would you do if you knew about Hitler before he came to power. Trump is that evil. The days of Godwin's law are long past. So go take your fucking stupid wrong about everything somewhere else.

Yes I'm cranky about it.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #16
Among those arrested were 4 Israelis, ffs. AFAIK they were the only ones, although there may have been more.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #17
And then of course there's the report that Trump denied knowing Kovaleski, while Kovaleski says they'd had a lot to do with each other.  And Trump's imitation (which it was, whatever you think about the hand position) implied at least some familiarity with him.

And when someone is a known, proven liar, and the other one isn't, and there's  discrepancy, the liar is the safer bet for who told the lie.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #18
And then of course there's the report that Trump denied knowing Kovaleski, while Kovaleski says they'd had a lot to do with each other.  And Trump's imitation (which it was, whatever you think about the hand position) implied at least some familiarity with him.

And when someone is a known, proven liar, and the other one isn't, and there's  discrepancy, the liar is the safer bet for who told the lie.
But for all the bullshit that tools and apologists have been making over this - yes - deplorable stunt by this despicable piece of shit, there is no getting around what you posted above, and I'll repeat here with emphasis:

he actually CLAIMED at the time to be imitating him - he said "you should have seen him" as he did his imitation, simultaneously saying words he attributed to Kovaleski

Case.
Closed.

Reply #19
Dave, do you understand that your source is a lying liar who lies and lied in this case?

Reply #20
Media tools.

No wonder you guys fell for Old Earthism and Darwinism.

• Pingu
Reply #21
Media tools.

Dave, do you think Trump DID watch "thousands and thousands" of arabs cheering as the towers fell?

Or do you think he lied about that?

Reply #22
Media tools.

nice. So, when your stupid source is proven wrong, you just ignore that and call me a media tool. Irrelevant anyway since the only point here is that your source is demonstrably wrong as is your assertion.

Reply #23
I think he watched a bunch ... dunno about thousands. Don't even know if he said "thousands"

What I know is that those hand gestures are a "Trumpism" for mocking peopls who try to change their stories.

You've been had.

Reply #24
My source was proven right. Not wrong.

So yeah you are a tool.