Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• One standard for the Kewl Klown Kidz and another for daddies who need to be put down.

Topic: Who is the lying SOB that created this image? (Read 15332 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Who is the lying SOB that created this image?
Reply #3800
Lol! gets a mention in Buzzfeed's articlette on the topic:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/boycott-hawaii?utm_term=.wfb3xyVJWV#.qrYmOD7j97

I like the 'Canada will gladly take Hawaii in' suggestions.
Would be a good idea. You lot need somewhere nice for winter.

When we lived in Vancouver we stopped in Hawaii for a week once on our way to visit the in-laws in Australia.  We had a couple of rainy days, and on one, we went to an indoor play centre to keep our 3 year old happy. 

There we found two other families from Vancouver, and ruefully noted that we were all in Hawaii to escape the Vancouver rain.  And might have well have gone to the very similar indoor play centre in Richmond.

Once Mrs Black and I were coincidentally  in the same IKEA as you and your son at the same time, despite that IKEA not being near where either of us live.

Reply #3801
Came here to give Jet Black a like

Reply #3802
All roads lead to ikea.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #3803
All roads lead to ikea.
especially if you're heading out by the airport.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3804
I have only been to Ikea once.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #3805
Feels like I'm there nearly every week. But the Coquitlam not the Richmond one, these days.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #3806
I love ikea. I even love going with my wife. It's like a theme park if you get severely stoned first. I don't even care what we buy that way. The only thing I have ever intentionally bought at ikea is meatballs.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3807
An IKEA store is finally being built in Halifax. It's due to open in the autumn. Every time someone mentions this fact, their eyes light up with excitement and yearning.

Which should give you some idea of how very much the big chain furniture outlets in that city suck.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3808
Nice to see you around, JB.

Reply #3809
Ikea is pretty unique among home furnishing suppliers.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #3810
ROFL @ thread drift. :grin:
Truth is out of style

Reply #3811
Drifting on, my best IKEA memory is from one afternoon when I had bought a chair in IKEA London, and was driving back to Bracknell where I was working at the time. Took a wrong turn on exiting, and got lost increasingly deep in London. No map, no useful signs, and this was way before any satnavs. Fortunately, the sky was reasonably clear, so I realized that I could navigate westwards towards the sun until I hit the M25. I knew that junction, so from there the rest of the drive was unproblematic.

• Pingu
Reply #3812
One day, in the Richmond IKEA, I lost sight of my son, then about two.  I checked the next aisle, and the previous aisle - no sign of him.  I asked a couple of people if they'd seen him, but they hadn't.  I started to panic.  I went to an IKEA staff member, who took me immediately to the nearest help station.  The staff member there immediately put out a call on the intercom to close the front doors.  Then they took me to the play area.  Then they took a description. Within a minute, IKEA staff started turning up to get the description.  Within two minutes, one of them brought my son to the play area.  I hugged him then turned to thank them, but they'd just melted away.  It was the most slickest, most thoughtful, effective and kindest security operation I've ever seen, before or since.  P was found before he even realised he was lost.

• nesb
Reply #3813
Lol! gets a mention in Buzzfeed's articlette on the topic:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/boycott-hawaii?utm_term=.wfb3xyVJWV#.qrYmOD7j97

I like the 'Canada will gladly take Hawaii in' suggestions.
Would be a good idea. You lot need somewhere nice for winter.

When we lived in Vancouver we stopped in Hawaii for a week once on our way to visit the in-laws in Australia.  We had a couple of rainy days, and on one, we went to an indoor play centre to keep our 3 year old happy. 

There we found two other families from Vancouver, and ruefully noted that we were all in Hawaii to escape the Vancouver rain.  And might have well have gone to the very similar indoor play centre in Richmond.

Once Mrs Black and I were coincidentally  in the same IKEA as you and your son at the same time, despite that IKEA not being near where either of us live.

Heya, Jet.

• JonF
Reply #3814
Trump lies in Kentucky:

We've also cleared the way for the Keystone and the Dakota Access pipelines. (Applause.) And as I was signing it, I said, where are they getting the steel? Where? And I said, you know what, if people want to build pipelines in the United States, they should use American steel, and they should build it and create it right here. That pipe is going to be manufactured right here. That was like, last minute -- I'm saying, where are they buying this stuff?

From White House: Keystone XL exempt from 'Buy American' push:

The Keystone XL pipeline will not have to comply with President Trump's executive order prioritizing the use of American steel in pipeline projects, the White House said on Friday
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• MikeS
Reply #3815
They exempted Keystone XL since the pipeline company(s) had already purchased miles of pipe from around the world and stockpiled it.

• JonF
Reply #3816
They exempted Keystone XL since the pipeline company(s) had already purchased miles of pipe from around the world and stockpiled it.
Yes.  And they will purchase more from whomever.

Trump lied about it.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #3817
This is not the place to be posting on-topic substantive material. TIA for not further shitting up this thread.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #3818
Shit weather almost all the time.
If we consider the weather only, I'd far rather live in Vancouver than (nearly*) anywhere else in Canada.

This does not contradict your statement, though.  :D

[* Victoria, and some other nearby places, are better:  Very warm by Canadian standards (like Vancouver), but much less wet. ]

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3819
I love ikea. I even love going with my wife. It's like a theme park if you get severely stoned first. I don't even care what we buy that way. The only thing I have ever intentionally bought at ikea is meatballs.

I could see enjoying that if getting stoned didn't make me so fucking paranoid.

eta:  I'm also curious about the taste of horse meat.
  • Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:39:04 PM by SkepticTank

Reply #3820
Eta: I didn't know that elkart had an edit time window so this is an ETA:

I should have said that while I have never intentionally bought something other than meatballs, my wife usually knows why we are there and gets whatever it was we went to get. I often discover that I am carrying something heavy when we leave.

Reply #3821

I could see enjoying that if getting stoned didn't make me so fucking paranoid.

eta:  I'm also curious about the taste of horse meat.
Paranoid is no fun. I think if I smoked regular pot I'd probably not like it. Is it legal in Texas? Probably not I suppose. Anyway, if you can get the oil from a sativa strain with at least 10% cbd you won't get paranoid.

Eta: tastes like meatballs.

Reply #3822
Ahhh. Just remembering the original argument from this thread, since dropped like a hot potato. Happy times. :D
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #3823
It's a shame Bart isn't around anymore. He would love Dave Hawkins' logic here. Like if Bart were to call Dave Hawkins a child molester, Dave Hawkins would be ok with it because Bart had called a few non-child molesters child molesters in the past.

Why would this Bart guy call Dave Hawkings that?

Reply #3824
It's a shame Bart isn't around anymore. He would love Dave Hawkins' logic here. Like if Bart were to call Dave Hawkins a child molester, Dave Hawkins would be ok with it because Bart had called a few non-child molesters child molesters in the past.

Why would this Bart guy call Dave Hawkings that?

idk. He was pretty good at outing chomos.