Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• do you have any understanding of ... anything at all?  Or do you just like to throw words together in a crude imitation of intellectual discourse?

Topic: Immigration/border patrol megathread (Read 4837 times) previous topic - next topic

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Re: Immigration megathread
Reply #50
Yes, and also Harvard is garbage and no better than Umptyscrunch State U and all of those are just super expensive shitholes where they give you a meaningless, worthless piece of paper and if you don't know how to fix a house's electrical wiring, you don't deserve more than $7/hour because REAL Americans work with their hands and don't read stupid sissy egghead books.

Reply #51
basically kill all white people

• JonF
Reply #52
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #53
Yes, and also Harvard is garbage and no better than Umptyscrunch State U and all of those are just super expensive shitholes where they give you a meaningless, worthless piece of paper and if you don't know how to fix a house's electrical wiring, you don't deserve more than $7/hour because REAL Americans work with their hands and don't read stupid sissy egghead books.
Grouchy!
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #54
Grouchy!

I prefer the term salty.  :stuckup:

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #55
/princetonalumnasay

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #56
/princetonalumnasay

tbh the harvard is garbage part was totally 100% serious and not sarcastic

:v:

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #57
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/02/23/trump-touts-recent-immigration-raids-calls-them-a-military-operation/?utm_term=.14604b0d5cbc

President Trump on Thursday celebrated what he called "a military operation" to round up and deport undocumented immigrants who have committed crimes or caused violence in the United States.

"We're getting gang members out, we're getting drug lords out, we're getting really bad dudes out of this country -- and at a rate that nobody's ever seen before," Trump told a group of several dozen manufacturing executives during a policy discussion at the White House.

Trump congratulated Kelly for the work his department is doing to secure the border with Mexico and deport illegal immigrants.

"It's a military operation," Trump said, attributing gang violence and illegal drug trade to undocumented immigrants.

"They're rough and they're tough, but they're not tough like our people, so we're getting them out," Trump said.

sigh

Reply #58
our PResident is a v. dumb man

Reply #59
Quote from: harper's index

Hours during which Rio de Janeiro drivers may legally run red lights in order to avoid being carjacked:
10 P.M.-5 A.M.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #60
and it's not fair that those elitists make so much more money just because they read some books with some bolesheeyit in them.  also, college degrees are worthless and people who go to college are suckers lol.  also it's not fair that people with college degrees make more money.   (keep going in that circle ad nauseum)

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #61
"CBP should explain why one of its officers was apparently demanding that passengers on a purely domestic flight show ID," said Hugh Handeyside, a staff attorney at the ACLU's National Security Project. "CBP is not an always-and-everywhere police force, and any attempt to expand its operations beyond its authority would raise serious concerns."

https://news.vice.com/story/ice-manhunt-forces-passengers-to-show-id-to-exit-domestic-flight

• Bilirubin

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #63
Muhammad Ali Jr. and his mom were detained at the fucking airport, and he was asked about his religion: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2017/02/24/muhammad-ali-jr-detained-immigration-fla-airport/98376180/

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Re: Immigration/border patrol megathread
Reply #64

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #65
terry tao, who is a highly badass and influential mathematician and also has a good blog, made a post about the mess the travel ban is creating for the academic world.  organizing conferences in the united states just went from hard to nigh impossible.  and he expects residual problems for years afterward, even if the policy were completely reversed right away (which of course it won't be).  people will be reluctant to visit here.  or to work here. 

all of which i'm sure trump supporters see as more of a feature than a bug
  • Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:32:02 PM by el jefe

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #66
Many larger Canadian cities have large modern convention centres, (even Halifax is almost finished building a bigger replacement for the old one). I'm sure there's time to organise next years conferences in Canada.

I foresee a bit of a boom for those centres, since US participants can also get there easily.

Your loss, 'murikka.

• Bilirubin
Reply #67
Ours are in Calgary next August B)

But seriously, my partner isn't flying to the States for the near future because fuck voluntarily subjecting yourself to this. Will probably snowbird to Cuba or the Dominican or Mexico instead of Hawaii

Reply #68
I think there are direct flights to Costa Rica now too.

• Bilirubin
Reply #69
I think there are direct flights to Costa Rica now too.
That would be cool except you know my partner can't do most of the stuff that makes going to Costa Rica worthwhile, like stomping around jungles to Mayan ruins, stomping around jungles to see wildlife, stomping around jungles because jungles are cool and good. Although I get their beaches are gorgeous and the people nice and country stable as a rock

Reply #70
There are some pretty sweet beaches. I think there's decent accessibility for a lot of places too. Can ask.

Reply #71
Costa Rica is beautiful but it is beaches and jungles and there are plenty of bitey stingy hurty kinds of animals. Although I do think the drought is over there now so the resorts will be much nicer.

Reply #72
to be honest we have bitey hurty types of animals up here too. theyre called bears

Reply #73
and wolves

and mountain lions.

Reply #74
and giant fucking mosquitos