Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Wading doesn't help.

Topic: Wall Street Journal: Trump was Right about Sweden's Immigration Problems (Read 1131 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Wall Street Journal: Trump was Right about Sweden's Immigration Problems
Reply #50

Cant tell if joking.

Reply #51
Well...
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #52
^ #FakeDaveTweet
Truth is out of style

Reply #53
It was on Facebook.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #54
Ok. So is on Dave's actual page?

Dave for all his faults, can usually spell correctly.
Truth is out of style

Reply #55
Yeah. And I suspect that waking up to the shitshow is going to have some weird side-effects.

The real truth is much less palatable than the convenient.

Reply #56
Ok. So is on Dave's actual page?

Dave for all his faults, can usually spell correctly.
Maybe he had a couple drinks. God knows he could use them.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #57
Yeah a goodly dose of the holy turps would explain the spelling. He sounds kinda cheesed off.
Truth is out of style

• Faid
Reply #58
"He admitted it himself, dave. I take it you read your Leader's tweets?"

He did?
Yup. See previous posts.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #59

He did?
Yeah. He did.
Actually Donald probably had someone else type that tweet for him (too coherent and syntactically accurate to have come from his own tiny hands). But still.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #60

He did?
Yeah. He did.
no. Try again.
Fixing your reading disability requires no effort on our part.

• Faid
Reply #61
It was on Facebook.
Lol, dave forgot to log off. Now I wonder who pulled that one on him.

Probably someone fed up with his mindless cheerleading, that's for sure.

Reply #62

He did?
Yeah. He did.
no. Try again.

Vox said that trump got the story from a fox news piece, which is assumed to be a tucker carlson bit where he interviewed Ami Horowitz, who Vox identified as a documentary film maker (he is). Trump did tweet that he got that claim from a fox news segment, and that's the only segment that seems to even come close to lining up with the subject of his claims. 

What part are you denying?
1. That trump tweeted that his claim "was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden."?
2. That it was some other, as yet unidentified fox peice on immigrants and sweden?
3. That The interview wasn't with Ami Horowitz?
4. That Ami Horowitz is not a documentary film maker?

For all your claims of being good at science and all your claims of me sucking at science, you guys sure are bad at attention to detail.  I see this a lot.  Trump's tweet does not prove that Trump got that info from the Carlson interview.  At least not originally.  It proves that he saw that video.  That's all.  We do not know if Trump may have gotten the info from a different source prior to seeing the video.  Trump has access to info that you and I do not have.  And of course he also has access to TV.  So you should stop assuming that "Trump gets his info from FoxNews" unless you know it to be true.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #63
For all your claims of being good at science and all your claims of me sucking at science, you guys sure are bad at attention to detail.  I see this a lot.  Trump's tweet does not prove that Trump got that info from the Carlson interview.  At least not originally.  It proves that he saw that video.  That's all.  We do not know if Trump may have gotten the info from a different source prior to seeing the video.  Trump has access to info that you and I do not have.  And of course he also has access to TV.  So you should stop assuming that "Trump gets his info from FoxNews" unless you know it to be true.
  :rofl: 

You need to apply this hypercritical skepticism to all the bullshit you swallow so happily if it happens to support what you want to believe.

But it's a very handy trope for fans of authoritarianism. No matter how indefensible The Leaders's actions may seem, you can never assume they're not perfectly sensible in light of some information He has that we don't know about.

You are such a gullible tool.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #64

He did?
Yeah. He did.
no. Try again.

Vox said that trump got the story from a fox news piece, which is assumed to be a tucker carlson bit where he interviewed Ami Horowitz, who Vox identified as a documentary film maker (he is). Trump did tweet that he got that claim from a fox news segment, and that's the only segment that seems to even come close to lining up with the subject of his claims. 

1. That trump tweeted that his claim "was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden."?
2. That it was some other, as yet unidentified fox peice on immigrants and sweden?

I don't recall ever commenting on your abilities to employ science, nor do I see how it would be relevant here. I always make it a point to be civil towards you.

Now, back to the subject at hand, you say, "Trump's tweet does not prove that Trump got that info from the Carlson interview." but I'm not sure how else to read that he was referencing the video. in general, citations site the source of information. Are you reading "in reference to" some other way? Like, "I got the info from some other place I didn't mention, but in reply to people asking me where I got this bad info, I'll say the comment was in reference to a video that I saw that wasn't the source of the claim"? I really don't see how you can read it that way.

Again, the full text of his tweet was: "My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden."

• Faid
Reply #65

He did?
Yeah. He did.
no. Try again.

:facepalm:

Dave, do you even English?

Usually, when someone says something like "my statement was in reference to a story aired on Fox", they mean just that.

If Trump supposedly had other info regarding that supposed Sweden story, but chose not to disclose it and only refer to the Fox news show specifically, it's hardly our fault, now is it?

• Faid
Reply #66
But all this is distracting us from the really important news here.

Tell us dave: Who was it that trolled you on Facebook? Was it a colleague?

• davesgoats
  • goatschwitz prisoner
Reply #67
Tell us dave: Who was it that trolled you on Facebook? Was it a colleague?
:smug:
Why put the bunnies with the goats?  Because that's  closer to how they are in nature.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #68
There's footage from about a week ago of him on board AF1 with some reporters in the cabin and Fox News is on the TV. It was freaking hilarious because the TV audio was jacked up and it started blaring away the Empire Carpet commercial like one was visiting their 70yo grandpa's house.

Then there's the multiple times the "fake news" has correlated his tweets that are nearly a word for word match to shit that had just aired on Fox minutes earlier.

He praises Fox, especially Fox and Friends because they blow smoke up his ass constantly.

Now we are to accept Dave's apologetics that "he heard it from another source" that nobody else would have had access to, that later on he speaks of a manner implying that the audience he's talking to would have been aware of the same information.

Where's the symmetrical skepticism for all of Dave's unsupported shit about Hillary?

(really Dave, stop being such a coward and just say "but guys, vagina" and get it over with already)
"If you read my last number of tweets, only one opinion can be formed - that our President, and therefore "leader," is grossly incompetent!"  The Dotard

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #69
For all your claims of being good at science and all your claims of me sucking at science, you guys sure are bad at attention to detail. I see this a lot.  Trump's tweet does not prove that Trump got that info from the Carlson interview.  At least not originally.  It proves that he saw that video.  That's all.  We do not know if Trump may have gotten the info from a different source prior to seeing the video.  Trump has access to info that you and I do not have.  And of course he also has access to TV.  So you should stop assuming that "Trump gets his info from FoxNews" unless you know it to be true.
Here's the original statement Trump made:
You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers [of refugees from Muslim-majority countries]. They're having problems like they never thought possible.
So you are contending now that his audience should be looking "at what's happening last night in Sweden" (i.e. the Fox TV show) and be  horrified ("who would believe this"), not by what they see there, but by some secret knowledge that only Trump has.

And this is your "scientific" approach to the question. ::)

I'm not aware of anyone here who claims to be "good at science", but you have once again confirmed the fact that you suck at it.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #70
No.  You're not very bright are you?  I'm contending exactly what I said I was contending ... that you cannot prove that "Trump gets his info from Fox news interviews" based on that tweet.  It's possible that he does.  Maybe even likely.  But you cannot definitively say - based on that tweet - that "Trump gets his info from news shows."

You would think that someone who constantly harps on about me supposedly "sucking at science" would know how to NOT "suck at science" on this topic.

• JonF
Reply #71
Usually, when someone says something like "my statement was in reference to a story aired on Fox", they mean just that.

If Trump supposedly had other info regarding that supposed Sweden story, but chose not to disclose it and only refer to the Fox news show specifically, it's hardly our fault, now is it?
Remember Davie's great at telling us what people really meant when they wrote or said something clear and unambiguous that means the opposite of what Dave wants.  there was a great example with Humphries in the zircon thread, but I forget the details..
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #72
No.  You're not very bright are you?  I'm contending exactly what I said I was contending ... that you cannot prove that "Trump gets his info from Fox news interviews" based on that tweet.  It's possible that he does.  Maybe even likely.  But you cannot definitively say - based on that tweet - that "Trump gets his info from news shows."

You would think that someone who constantly harps on about me supposedly "sucking at science" would know how to NOT "suck at science" on this topic.
I don't think anybody but you has mentioned proof.

But the obvious conclusion is that Trump meant what he wrote.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #73
Dave will always have this apologetic because Trump's an inarticulate idiot who can't speak in complete coherent sentences when he's not on the teleprompter (JFC, his monotone inability to read properly is bad enough when he is) and "he's not good with details".

Trump speaks all the time in hand-wavy superlatives and vague terms, when he's not bothering to provide actual numbers or specifics that more often than not turn out to be half true or outright false, so Dave will always be able to say "you can't prove he meant or was referring to X".

JFC.
"If you read my last number of tweets, only one opinion can be formed - that our President, and therefore "leader," is grossly incompetent!"  The Dotard

Reply #74

Lol. Following that logic, your op looks pretty silly doesn't it?