Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 79601 times) previous topic - next topic

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #17800
That Dave thinks that the lactose intolerance issue has been put to rest, and in his favour, is maybe the premier example of his willful alternative reality fantasy.  He simply cannot address the facts of the real world, so plainly dismisses them in favour of "alternative facts", which, although they are not true, do seem to support his whackaloon fantasies. 

And that's always been what's important to Dave, like the reason why a drunk needs a lamppost: for support rather than illumination.

Dave's idiocy really knows no bounds.  He fucking straight out denies scientific facts that aren't in dispute, much like Trump's rant against the media today, it's all bluster and bravado, and poisoning the well.  Never actually addressing anything of import, off-topic ridiculous rants about his hurt ego, empty sloganeering, blaming others, and riling up the base.  The only thing is that, thankfully, Dave's base to get riled up has a population of exactly 1.
No, Photon, what we have in the world today is not only "fake news" ... and Trump is right about that ... we also have "fake science" ... and you are a great example of a purveyor of this fake science.

Just as an example, you and your other fake scientist friends here want me to believe that "most people cannot drink milk" yet you ignore facts which indicate exactly the opposite like the Chinese government actively promoting an increase in milk consumption in their country.  Oh and raw milk vending machines (ferchrissakes) all over Europe.

You and most of the media are cut from the same cloth - liars and frauds.
Shut the fuck up dave. You have the nerve to post bullshit like that, and you call US liars? What does the Chinese government's efforts to promote milk products have to do with actual lactose intolerance? What do raw milk vending machines (in EUROPE) have to do with actual lactose intolerance? How are those things any "indication" against the very clear science behind the FACTS of lactose intolerance? Are you literally incapable of rational thought and evaluation of facts?

The science (REAL science, not your pipedream fantasies) is pretty clear on lactose intolerance, dave. The data is on our side. All you have is pathetic sophistries like "yeah well there are milk vending machines, how 'bout that" and "the Chinese government knows better".

You're pathetic. And a shill for frauds.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #17801
Also, my elderly father fell again the other day but thankfully did not injure himself ... I think I'm going to somehow, some way ... make a very soft floor ... maybe put down 4" of loose straw first in contact with the earth, then 2" styrofoam on top of that (or I might reverse this) ... then put linoleum on top of that for a finish surface in the kitchen area ... and indoor outdoor carpet on the living room area.  I'm also going to buy a bunch of those walkers with wheels and put them all over the house so my parents can hold onto them wherever they go in the house.
:facepalm:

Dave, for the sake of your own partents, think this through.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #17802
Also, my elderly father fell again the other day but thankfully did not injure himself ... I think I'm going to somehow, some way ... make a very soft floor ... maybe put down 4" of loose straw first in contact with the earth, then 2" styrofoam on top of that (or I might reverse this) ... then put linoleum on top of that for a finish surface in the kitchen area ... and indoor outdoor carpet on the living room area.  I'm also going to buy a bunch of those walkers with wheels and put them all over the house so my parents can hold onto them wherever they go in the house.
Holy shit Dave. Do whatever you like in your own house but consult with some elder care professionals before needlessly endangering your parents.
Please be specific.  What am I doing to "endanger" them?
Are you fucking serious? Two inches of STYROFOAM on top of LOOSE STRAW?

THINK, dave.

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #17803
Holy shit Dave. Do whatever you like in your own house but consult with some elder care professionals before needlessly endangering your parents.
There was a long and sincere conversation about this very topic earlier in this thread. Overly soft floors don't help elderly people and contribute to more falls. A bunch of walkers all over the house is more objects to trip over - the proper approach is to encourage an elderly person to use one walker consistently. My aunt is 92 and keeps hers beside her wherever she is, so that it is available when she wants to move somewhere else. Indoor-outdoor carpet is often slippery, and a fall on it can lead to some awful road-rash, especially on the thin fragile skin many seniors have.

Go back and find the posts about this, which had plenty of links to real information about safe environments for seniors. Read the information at those links. Or consult irl with a geriatric care professional - this would be best.
First of all: Two inches of styrofoam will do nothing to prevent a broken femoral neck after a fall. Secondly, a very soft floor can actually cause MORE falls, simply because it gives way and throws the elderly off-balance. And dave wants to put the whole thing on a LOOSE base!

This is common sense, dave. Seriously.

• Photon
  • Needs a Life
  • I interfere with myself

Reply #17804
That Dave thinks that the lactose intolerance issue has been put to rest, and in his favour, is maybe the premier example of his willful alternative reality fantasy.   He simply cannot address the facts of the real world, so plainly dismisses them in favour of "alternative facts", which, although they are not true, do seem to support his whackaloon fantasies.  

And that's always been what's important to Dave, like the reason why a drunk needs a lamppost: for support rather than illumination.

Dave's idiocy really knows no bounds.  He fucking straight out denies scientific facts that aren't in dispute, much like Trump's rant against the media today, it's all bluster and bravado, and poisoning the well.  Never actually addressing anything of import, off-topic ridiculous rants about his hurt ego, empty sloganeering, blaming others, and riling up the base.  The only thing is that, thankfully, Dave's base to get riled up has a population of exactly 1.
No, Photon, what we have in the world today is not only "fake news" ... and Trump is right about that ... we also have "fake science" ... and you are a great example of a purveyor of this fake science.

Just as an example, you and your other fake scientist friends here want me to believe that "most people cannot drink milk" yet you ignore facts which indicate exactly the opposite like the Chinese government actively promoting an increase in milk consumption in their country.  Oh and raw milk vending machines (ferchrissakes) all over Europe.

You and most of the media are cut from the same cloth - liars and frauds.

Your lack of evidence for this charge, your inability to think clearly, and your lack of moral integrity are showing.
  • Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:47:16 AM by Photon

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #17805
Oh? Who are you producing food for?
I think he was giving away/trading some of his milk.   

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #17806
Handles and railings on the walls is a good idea IMO. The reason multiple walkers around the house don't work is because (besides being in the way and obstructing the elderly in their movement, as borealis says), it takes more effort and coordinated movement to change from one to the other. Many falls occur when an elderly and/or disabled person switches aids. Like from a wheelchair to a walker and vice-versa, or from one walker to another one or a 4-peg cane. Also, using a walker on a floor with a LOOSE base (WTF) will be even more dangerous, since leaning on the walker leads to a degree of forward-shearing force.

• Photon
  • Needs a Life
  • I interfere with myself

Reply #17807
For elder safety, why not just put them in a cage 24-7, that is just a bit bigger than their bodies, and have it automated to move around outside?  No falls, and if you time the moves right, elder feces can be conveniently spread over the pasture, improving the land too.  I'm not sure how long elder gut flora will take to evolve to a grass-only diet, but I suspect it won't be long at all.  If they have a great view of the woods, they'll be the happiest elders on the planet.

• davesgoats
  • goatschwitz prisoner

Reply #17808
Bullshit.

Anyway we were talking about towns a few pages back...

Do you realize that people who live in towns need people like me (food producers) more than people like me need people in towns?

Why put the bunnies with the goats?  Because that's  closer to how they are in nature.

• davesgoats
  • goatschwitz prisoner

Reply #17809
I don't think I will ever automate my food production completely. The animals are too much fun. I like the interaction.

:gonk:
Why put the bunnies with the goats?  Because that's  closer to how they are in nature.

• davesgoats
  • goatschwitz prisoner

Reply #17810
Let me guess. You find it reassuring to interact with beings on your own intellectual level.
You're insulting Dave's goats! They are intelligent.

Reply #17811
There was a long and sincere conversation about this very topic earlier in this thread. Overly soft floors don't help elderly people and contribute to more falls. A bunch of walkers all over the house is more objects to trip over - the proper approach is to encourage an elderly person to use one walker consistently. My aunt is 92 and keeps hers beside her wherever she is, so that it is available when she wants to move somewhere else. Indoor-outdoor carpet is often slippery, and a fall on it can lead to some awful road-rash, especially on the thin fragile skin many seniors have.

Go back and find the posts about this, which had plenty of links to real information about safe environments for seniors. Read the information at those links. Or consult irl with a geriatric care professional - this would be best.
OK. Fair enough.

Reply #17812
DaveG ... lactose ... :facepalm:

Reply #17813
For elder safety, why not just put them in a cage 24-7, that is just a bit bigger than their bodies, and have it automated to move around outside?  No falls, and if you time the moves right, elder feces can be conveniently spread over the pasture, improving the land too.  I'm not sure how long elder gut flora will take to evolve to a grass-only diet, but I suspect it won't be long at all.  If they have a great view of the woods, they'll be the happiest elders on the planet.
:notworthy:

Reply #17814
In other news ... my county health official visited my building site today and approved my location and design for grey water disposal.  Also, my Joseph Jenkins Humanure system is approved.  That is a successful culmination to many months of work!  Woohoo!

Reply #17815
And in still other news ... this morning I took delivery of lumber to build my RoboPen 2.0 ... which will be larger than RoboPen 1.0 ... It will be 10 x 12 for 120 sf of floor area instead of the current 6 x 9 (54 sf).  I'm using lighter weight lumber so hopefully I can still move the thing around by hand when needed.  I think I will try putting a cow and a couple of pigs in there and see what happens.  I think RoboPen 1.0 will be capable of about 1 million sustainable food calories per year ... hoping for 3 million+ from RoboPen 2.0 ... we'll see!  If it is successful, then this would be a unit that could produce a significant portion of a family's food needs ... how many acres would this require?  Well ... assuming 17 moves per day, we have 120 x 17 = 2040 sq ft per day ... and if we do a 120 day rotation, we have 244,800 sq ft per 120 day rotation ... which equates to 5.6 acres ... So 6 - 7 acres would be a safe bet.  Ideally, I would like to see 1 million animal food calories per acre ... so 6 million food calories on 6 acres ... don't know if I can achieve that or not.

Reply #17816
Cool. ~10,000 lbs of dirt in your roof. I guess it won't blow away.
In the deepest jungles of Africa there was a small tribe led by a great king. His house was the biggest in the village, with fresh thatch and fronds always. He had the village carve him a new throne every year out of the local hardwood species so his pronouncements would be fresh each year.  But the thrones were beautiful and unfortunately useless for any other activities than the head of the village council. The king couldn't bear to get rid of the old ones so he saved them in his attic. After many years, because he was a successful king, the attic collapsed under the weight and killed the king.

Moral: those who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #17817
So no actual substantive response then eh Dave?

Its almost as if you're wrong and can't admit it.
Why do I bother?

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #17818
wtf is this supposed to communicate, other than your militant ignorance?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused

Reply #17819
And in still other news ... this morning I took delivery of lumber to build my RoboPen 2.0 ... which will be larger than RoboPen 1.0 ... It will be 10 x 12 for 120 sf of floor area instead of the current 6 x 9 (54 sf).  I'm using lighter weight lumber so hopefully I can still move the thing around by hand when needed.  I think I will try putting a cow and a couple of pigs in there and see what happens.  I think RoboPen 1.0 will be capable of about 1 million sustainable food calories per year ... hoping for 3 million+ from RoboPen 2.0 ... we'll see!  If it is successful, then this would be a unit that could produce a significant portion of a family's food needs ... how many acres would this require?  Well ... assuming 17 moves per day, we have 120 x 17 = 2040 sq ft per day ... and if we do a 120 day rotation, we have 244,800 sq ft per 120 day rotation ... which equates to 5.6 acres ... So 6 - 7 acres would be a safe bet.  Ideally, I would like to see 1 million animal food calories per acre ... so 6 million food calories on 6 acres ... don't know if I can achieve that or not.
So each family in your Davetopia subdivisions now require 6-7 acres each? And this is "sustainable"? I forsee a significant culling of the human population under this scheme. Wait a minute, hasn't this been tried before? When do you envision your Year Zero to be implimented, Dave?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused

Reply #17820
It's weird, while Dave's hero Trumpbannon is reading from the Hitler playbook, Dave is reading from the Khmer Rouge version. Any guesses on what happens when the two come into contact?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #17821
wtf is this supposed to communicate, other than your militant ignorance?
His cowardice.

Reply #17822
So each family in your Davetopia subdivisions now require 6-7 acres each? And this is "sustainable"? I forsee a significant culling of the human population under this scheme.
Do you?  I suppose that is because not only do you suck at science... You apparently also suck at math. Oh and reading comprehension.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #17823
Since Hawkins is pretty much talking to himself at this point, about fantasies that will never be realized, clarity in communication is basically superfluous. So he might as well use the posts to hone his asshole skills instead.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• davesgoats
  • goatschwitz prisoner

Reply #17824