Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: We wouldn't have it any other way, for some value of we.

Topic: New submission on the Homo genus (Read 341 times) previous topic - next topic

New submission on the Homo genus

Have submitted a new manuscript critical of attempts to suggest that the Homo genus need not be defined in terms of obligate terrestrial bipedalism because the australopiths already were engaged in this locomotion.

Re: New submission on the Homo genus
Reply #1
I submitted your mom.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #2

Have submitted a new manuscript critical of attempts to suggest that the Homo genus need not be defined in terms of obligate terrestrial bipedalism because the australopiths already were engaged in this locomotion.

pity reply

ETA: also, baldfaced lie on the cover page.   "Hannon Bozorgmehr, Joseph; University of Manchester, Life Sciences "
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Reply #3
ETA: also, baldfaced lie on the cover page.  "Hannon Bozorgmehr, Joseph; University of Manchester, Life Sciences "

I am a distinguished alumnus. I did get a rejection from the editor of the Journal of Human Evolution, refusing to even send it out for review.

Reply #4
Thank you for your submission to the Journal of Human Evolution (JHE). I read it with interest but unfortunately it is not suitable for publication in JHE. Although we welcome News and Views comments on previously-published articles, normally we expect the authors submitting the critique to provide compelling evidence to support the critique. In the case of your manuscript, although it is generally well-written, you provide a review of some of the recent literature but do not provide solid evidence in support of your assertion that Kimbel (note, one 'l') and Villmoare's 2016 argument about 'fuzzy boundaries' between Australopithecus and Homo is flawed. In fact, the only supporting argument you provide for your assertion relates to bipedalism, although it is well-established in the literature that some australopiths were very likely to have had obligate, habitual bipedalism, and that there were multiple ways of integrating terrestrial bipedality with arboreality in australopiths and early Homo. As your argument is thus very unlikely to stand up to the scrutiny of the palaeoanthropological community, I regret that I must decline to send it for external review.

Reply #5
Thank you for your submission to the Journal of Human Evolution (JHE). I read it with interest but unfortunately it is not suitable for publication in JHE. Although we welcome News and Views comments on previously-published articles, normally we expect the authors submitting the critique to provide compelling evidence to support the critique. In the case of your manuscript, although it is generally well-written, you provide a review of some of the recent literature but do not provide solid evidence in support of your assertion that Kimbel (note, one 'l') and Villmoare's 2016 argument about 'fuzzy boundaries' between Australopithecus and Homo is flawed. In fact, the only supporting argument you provide for your assertion relates to bipedalism, although it is well-established in the literature that some australopiths were very likely to have had obligate, habitual bipedalism, and that there were multiple ways of integrating terrestrial bipedality with arboreality in australopiths and early Homo. As your argument is thus very unlikely to stand up to the scrutiny of the palaeoanthropological community, I regret that I must decline to send it for external review.
Please fuck off.
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Reply #6
ETA: also, baldfaced lie on the cover page.  "Hannon Bozorgmehr, Joseph; University of Manchester, Life Sciences "

I am a distinguished alumnus. I did get a rejection from the editor of the Journal of Human Evolution, refusing to even send it out for review.
Right, thats totally what "Affiliation" means.   Same old Joey.