Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Dave is Going to Jail for Stealing Photos (Read 1372 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Dave is Going to Jail for Stealing Photos
Reply #25
I guess when you are losing on the science front, you can always win points on the "holier than thou" front.

• Seven Popes
  • Needs a Life
  • So would the opposite be a good-ger?

Reply #26
So when are you going to pay the licensing fee?  And why did you use it after it was clear it was theft?
You may hear people saying how fast they can make compost -- some say only a few weeks. Stay away from these people as they don't know what they're talking about. --Humanure handbook

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #27
I guess when you are losing on the science front, you can always win points on the "holier than thou" front.
Yeah, dave.  You're really scoring some points on the science front.  ::)

But, hey! You can always score on the bluster & bravado front.
Nobody does bluster & bravado like you, dave!  :notworthy:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #28
You pretty much lose on all fronts, Dave. Just saying.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• MikeS
  • Needs a Life

Reply #29
Dave,
When did "do the right thing" become "holier than thou"?

• Seven Popes
  • Needs a Life
  • So would the opposite be a good-ger?

Reply #30
You have been exposed for lying, cheating, and stealing, and have no signs of understanding that they are bad things.  I think your Bible is missing pages.
You may hear people saying how fast they can make compost -- some say only a few weeks. Stay away from these people as they don't know what they're talking about. --Humanure handbook

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #31
Nah. He just hawkinsed it.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #32
You pretty much lose on all fronts, Dave. Just saying.
Wait. How th hell does this make you win on the holier than thou front?

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #33
Looking for you in the lake K thread, oh science loser.

Run, run as fast as you can.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #34

Yeah I've noticed that seems to be your strategy.

How is your model for the lower 6,000 varves of Lake Kalksjon coming on?

Reply #35

Reply #36

Not very good given the dearth of information.

• Fenrir

Reply #37

Not very good given the dearth of information lack of easily franoogled predigested nuggets from my guru du jour.

Fyp
It's what plants crave.

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #38
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #39

Nothing to find on AiG, huh?

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #40

Standard science seems to explain the data just fine.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #41
Dearth means lack of.

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #42

There is plenty of information, Dave.  Just no information that would support any theory other than the straightforward interpretation that the reason that the 9,000 varves have the same thickness and composition and have varve count dates that match their radiocarbon dates is that because the lower 6,000 are annual varves just as the upper 3,000 are.

You are right that there is a "dearth of information" that would support any other conclusion.  So why are you drawing any other conclusion?

Remember ANY OTHER explanation for the lower 6,000 varves has to:

Explain why they look just the same as the 3,000 above them that we know (and you agree) are annual.
Have dates that correspond to the radiocarbon dates they would have if they were annual
Show no trace of a major ice age, even though they are in Sweden, which would have been under ice, year round, throughout.
Show no trace of the major melt that would have followed the ice age

You have produced nothing so far.  In other words, right now YOU are "losing on the science front".  Cue for the next round of but at least I'm doing something to save the world and you aren't.

Reply #43
You just HAVE to post about your preferred topic in EVERY thread don't you?  It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall when you were a child.

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #44
You just HAVE to post about your preferred topic in EVERY thread don't you?  It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall when you were a child.

You were the one who brought up "losing on the science front".

You do this repeatedly, Dave - you bring up extraneous topics as poo to fling at other posters, then complain about the topic being extraneous when people defend themselves against the charge.

The main reason YEC topics come up on your goat thread is because you bring them up as ways of denigrating your critics: "Darwin Club" members or whatever.

Then you get all self-righteous - "holier than thou" even - about the subsequent discussions.  Which you then attempt to park on a differen thread.   And ultimately abandon.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #45
This thread is about your ethics.

Have you paid NCSE the $100 you promised a year and a half ago?

Reply #46
Yes I paid them. They apparently don't like YEC money

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #47
Yes I paid them. They apparently don't like YEC money

You mean you re-sent the check? 

Or you contacted them and they told you they had rejected it because you are a YEC?

Reply #48
I did my part. I wrote the check. I mailed it.

Reply #49
Besides it's charity bc I'm a nice guy ... not "paying up" of a debt ... I won