Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: less funny that it used to be

Topic: Dave is Going to Jail for Stealing Photos (Read 1405 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Dave is Going to Jail for Stealing Photos
Reply #50
Viruses DO have "error correction"

• Pingu
Reply #51
I did my part. I wrote the check. I mailed it.

But you did not resend it when you discovered it had not been cashed, right?

• Pingu
Reply #52
Besides it's charity bc I'm a nice guy ... not "paying up" of a debt ... I won

No, you "sent" it because it you lost, and couldn't wriggle out of it any more.  But somehow it didn't get there.

You did NOT send it because of "charity".  Why on earth would you donate to the NSCE out of "charity"?

Reply #53
To get Voxrat to quit whining

• Pingu
Reply #54
To get Voxrat to quit whining

Well, I expect he will start "whining" again now it turns out that you didn't pay up.

You lost, Dave.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #55
Not only are you a monumental idiot, you really do suck as a human being. Dave, you are a turd of a person.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #56
Yes I paid them. They apparently don't like YEC money
No Dave.
You didn't.
Writing a check isn't paying.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #57
You either didn't mail it, or mis-addressed it.
In either case: the money didn't leave your account.
You didn't pay.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #58
Viruses DO have "error correction"
Some do.
But that was not the bet.

Reply #59
Does HIV have "error correction"?

• Seven Popes
  • So would the opposite be a good-ger?
Reply #60
Are you going to pay for the image I proved you stole?
You may hear people saying how fast they can make compost -- some say only a few weeks. Stay away from these people as they don't know what they're talking about. --Humanure handbook

Reply #61
HIV must indeed have error correction ...  otherwise it would not live on the edge of error catastrophe[1] .... it would go over the edge ... would it not?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #62
HIV must indeed have error correction ...  otherwise it would not live on the edge of error catastrophe .... it would go over the edge ... would it not?

No.

Reply #63
Would you pay for someone's hammer you found lying on the ground if you subsequently found the owner? Probably not. You'd probably just give it back.

Reply #64
HIV must indeed have error correction ...  otherwise it would not live on the edge of error catastrophe .... it would go over the edge ... would it not?

No.
Oh? Why not?

• Seven Popes
  • So would the opposite be a good-ger?
Reply #65
You didn't look for the owner, you didn't take it down after I explained it was stolen.
You may hear people saying how fast they can make compost -- some say only a few weeks. Stay away from these people as they don't know what they're talking about. --Humanure handbook

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #66

No.
Oh? Why not?
Why would it?

Reply #67
Not only are you a monumental idiot, you really do suck as a human being. Dave, you are a turd of a person.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #68
Would you pay for someone's hammer you found lying on the ground if you subsequently found the owner? Probably not. You'd probably just give it back.
Bluffy once again demonstrating his amazing suckatude with analogies.
It's hard to imagine anyone who can tie their own shoes (of course, I'm assuming Bluffy can, which may be a mistake on my part) could suck at analogies as badly as he does.
Are we there yet?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #69
Anyway, this thread is about your lack of ethics.
If you really want to rehash how you lost that bet, start another thread.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #70
You didn't look for the owner, you didn't take it down after I explained it was stolen.
What Bluffy fails to understand, his theft was not of a material item, but of usage. He used something that did not belong to him, that he was not entitled to use (btw, ignorance of the law is not an excuse, nor is ignorance of copyright) and now that his unauthorized usage has been discovered, he refuses to pay for it. I wonder how he'd feel about it if he had a house for rent and then discovered somebody was living in it for the past two years without his knowledge and not paying him rent.

Use is not something you can just give back.  Nor is it excused with 'Oh, I didn't make any money off it anyway.'

Just because you didn't read the book you borrowed from the library and then didn't return doesn't mean you don't owe the fines. Or, next level up, you "inadvertantly" borrowed a book from the book store, is it OK to just give it back because you didn't read it?

What a bluffoon.
Are we there yet?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #71
I see this as a great way to save lots of money!
I'll write a check to, say, the heating fuel company, "accidentally" forget to mail it or mis-address it, and when the company cuts off my fuel for alleged non-payment, I'll take them to court, show the carbon copy of the check, and explain to the judge that "I did my part".

I predict she'll make the fuel company pay court costs and punitive damages to discourage them from that sort of harassment in the future!

Reply #72
I see this as a great way to save lots of money!
I'll write a check to, say, the heating fuel company, "accidentally" forget to mail it or mis-address it, and when the company cuts off my fuel for alleged non-payment, I'll take them to court, show the carbon copy of the check, and explain to the judge that "I did my part".

I predict she'll make the fuel company pay court costs and punitive damages to discourage them from that sort of harassment in the future!
Don't forget to date it on the same day she calls and asks if you really sent it and you said yes, a long time ago.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #73
And who the fuck still uses cheques for this sort of thing?

https://ncse.secure.force.com/donate?UnitPrice1=100
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #74
So like Trump's The Russians can't have hacked the the election because I really really won.

Narcissism is a serious eroder of cognitive capacity.  DaveHasToBeRightism. TrumpHasToNotBeALoserism.

And yet gaslighting is alarmingly effective. 

The capacity to consider one might be mistaken leaves one vulnerable to those lacking that capacity.

:sadyes: