Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: JonF's "Simple" Circuit (Read 1214 times) previous topic - next topic

JonF's "Simple" Circuit
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because you can't apply them to solve a simple resistive circuit.  You've often said you've forgotten it all.
I can solve simple resistive circuits just fine.  What on earth made you think I couldn't?
The fact that you've made no response when challenged to do so.  And your statement that you forgot everything.

Current through R6?

V5 / R6
V5 is not given.  Solving means expressing it in terms of given values.
That's not a simple circuit.  Here's Matt's solution using Spice. https://www.mbeckler.org/resistor_grid/

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Re: JonF's "Simple" Circuit
Reply #1
Because you can't apply them to solve a simple resistive circuit.  You've often said you've forgotten it all.
I can solve simple resistive circuits just fine.  What on earth made you think I couldn't?
The fact that you've made no response when challenged to do so.  And your statement that you forgot everything.

Current through R6?

V5 / R6
That's not a simple circuit.  Here's Matt's solution using Spice. https://www.mbeckler.org/resistor_grid/
It's a simple circuit: a voltage source, interconnections, and a purely resistive load.  A straightforward application for Kirchoff;s laws, and nothing else needed.

I knew you couldn't do it.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Needs a Life
  • Have a life, already.

Reply #2

Current through R6?

V5 / R6
It's a simple circuit: a voltage source, interconnections, and a purely resistive load.  A straightforward application for Kirchoff;s laws, and nothing else needed.

I knew you couldn't do it.
But were you surprised?!?!
Are we there yet?

Reply #3
Jesus

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #4
"A simple electrical circuit consists of three main elements: a current source wiring, and an electrical load. The current source provides power, wiring carries power to the load, and the load uses the power. Electricity flows in a continuous loop from source to load and back again."

"A simple circuit is a circuit containing one voltage or current source in series with, or in parallel with, one load. Since it is a simple circuit, both definitions, series and parallel, are equivalent and mean the same thing.:

"A simple electrical circuit consists of three main elements: a current source wiring, and an electrical load. The current source provides power, wiring carries power to the load, and the load uses the power. Electricity flows in a continuous loop from source to load and back again."

"Complex circuits cannot be reduced to a single resister and contain components that are neither a series nor a parallel. In this type of circuit, resistors are connected in a complicated manner."

No, I'm not surprised. He doesn't even know what "simple circuit" means.  Wotta maroon.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5
Jesus
He can probably solve it.  You can't.

What is a "simple circuit", Davie-doodles?

Reply #6
 You're a douche bag.  That's not simple. There are four unknowns so you need four equations.  To do this you use KVL and KCL  which say,  respectively,  that the sum of the individual voltage drops in any branch equals the total voltage drop  across the entire length of the branch, and the sum of the currents leaving and entering a node are equal. That's in my own words... I purposely did it from memory just to see if I could. So it may not be worded exactly right, but it gets the idea.

Reply #7
 Did I mention that you're a douche bag? And the reason you're a douche bag is because you purposely propagated slander about me based upon a lie, namely that "Dave couldn't solve a simple resistive circuit."

Fucking liar.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #8
You're a douche bag.  That's not simple. There are four unknowns so you need four equations.  To do this you use KVL and KCL  which say,  respectively,  that the sum of the individual voltage drops in any branch equals the total voltage drop  across the entire length of the branch, and the sum of the currents leaving and entering a node are equal. That's in my own words... I purposely did it from memory just to see if I could. So it may not be worded exactly right, but it gets the idea.
That's reasonable summary of the laws.

There are five unknowns.  Write the appropriate equation for each node. Five linear equations. Five unknowns

The circuit is solvable via Kirchoff's laws alonr.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #9
Did I mention that you're a douche bag? And the reason you're a douche bag is because you purposely propagated slander about me based upon a lie, namely that "Dave couldn't solve a simple resistive circuit."

Fucking liar.
Yeah, you mentioned it.  Did I mention that you didn't solve the circuit, and your message one back makes it clear you have no idea how to do it?  Obviously you can't do it.

• RAFH
  • Needs a Life
  • Have a life, already.

Reply #10
Jesus
Jesus can't help you, none of this is covered in either in the Old or New Testaments. In fact, it's not covered at all.

Oops.

Guess your god forgot to mention the basics of reality. A bit of an oversight from my point of view. Unless, you subscribe to the divinity of Sithrak, the blind gibberer. He endured his torture so could know there was something worse than what you are going through. At least so far. It will get worse. Just wait until the heart attack or uterine cancer. At least both of those are fast and relatively painless. In comparison to Sithrak's blinding and removal as a major god.

He will torture you for ever, regardless of what you do in this life time. He has no favorites. So, Bluffy will face the same as everyone else.

Imagine if Trump were blinded and otherwise deprived of all sensory input, and subjected to serious torture. I'm not talking about lame ass US torture, I'm talking about serious torture.
Are we there yet?

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #11

Fucking liar.

So what is the solution?

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #12

Fucking liar.

So what is the solution?
He Googled up the source, an interesting solution by simulation rather than analytically. Infinite Grid of Resistors - Solution by Simulation.

Of course he had to do that because he had no idea where to start. And sure looks like he assumed that because a simulation solution worked an analytical solution is impossible.

(Pssst - Dave - the infinite grid can be solved analytically too.)

Quite the faceplant.

Reply #13

There are five unknowns.  Write the appropriate equation for each node. Five linear equations. Five unknowns

Well I see 4 ... not simple.

Lying douche bag

Reply #14
Nodes 1 and 0 are knowns. I assume the resistors are known but you didn't say.  Did I mention that you are a douche bag? So that leaves 4 unknown nodes so you gotta write 4 eqns using KCL and/or KVL.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #15

Well I see 4 ... not simple.

Lying douche bag
So where's the lie?
What did he write that is untrue and intentionally misleading?

:dunno:

You do this a lot, Hawkins.
In fact, all the time.
You continually accuse people of lying, and you never support your accusations when called on them.

It's really quite despicable.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #16
Where's the lie? He says this is a "simple" circuit. It's not.  And the more subtle lie is "Dave is a retard because he can't solve a simple circuit" ...  and then when we ask what simple circuit he's talking about, he gives us this.

Lying douche bag.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #17
Nodes 1 and 0 are knowns. I assume the resistors are known but you didn't say.  Did I mention that you are a douche bag? So that leaves 4 unknown nodes so you gotta write 4 eqns using KCL and/or KVL.
The resistors are labeled.  The answer will be a function of the variables R1, R2, ...R6.  It will not be a number. That's a standard way of presenting such problems.

There are six nodes with unknown currents and four nodes with unknown voltages.  Ten unknowns.

How many KCL equations can one write?  How many KVL equations can you write?  Without solving that system of  equations is there a unique answer for each unknown (as a function of the resistor values, of course).

I wasn't expecting such a lode of tard!

• Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:45:02 PM by JonF

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #18
Where's the lie? He says this is a "simple" circuit. It's not.  And the more subtle lie is "Dave is a retard because he can't solve a simple circuit" ...  and then when we ask what simple circuit he's talking about, he gives us this.

Lying douche bag.
I posted several definitions of a simple circuit.

It's a simple circuit with a single solution (as a function of the values of R1, R2, ...R6.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #19
Here's the answer to some of the questions I just posed, Davie-face-planter:

Reply #20
Simple circuit my ass ...

Reaching way back into my memory banks, I think this is how I would set it up

Use KCL for the first three equations and then KVL applied to both loops.

There are four unknowns -  The  unknown voltages of the four nodes - so this should be enough to solve it.

Reply #21
"Simple circuit"

He pulls a circuit off  The blog of a practicing electrical engineer who solves the thing using Spice.

Jesus Christ what an asshole.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #22
Where's the lie? He says this is a "simple" circuit. It's not.
Fail.
He posted the definition of a "simple circuit".
That YOU find it too complicated is hardly evidence that he's lying.
And the more subtle lie is "Dave is a retard because he can't solve a simple circuit" ...  and then when we ask what simple circuit he's talking about, he gives us this.
Did he write the words you have in quotes?
No?
Then YOU are lying.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #23
Jesus Christ

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #24
"Simple circuit"

He pulls a circuit off  The blog of a practicing electrical engineer who solves the thing using Spice.

Jesus Christ what an asshole.

Dave, you idiot.  The blog problem was from XKCD

The engineer solved the problem for an infinite grid.  JonF didn't ask you solve he XKCD problem.