Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: we are trapped please help

Topic: Who is the lying SOB that created this image? (Read 15572 times) previous topic - next topic

• JonF
Re: Who is the lying SOB that created this image?
Reply #3775
Families Who Were Ripped Off By Trump Go Public on CNN

After years of fighting through bankruptcy court, the Jenkins ended up with just 30 cents on the dollar. Their company was owed $231,000, according to the bankruptcy claim filed in the case. The Jenkins family received $70,000.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Zombies!
  • Honorary Manipulative Bitch
Reply #3776
What's the timeline on Flynn?  Apparently, Trump was briefed about his lies weeks ago, but his VP fired him just as soon as he found out that Flynn lied? Why did Trump not fire him when he found out, or at least tell his veep he was vouching for a known liar?
My own theory is that he kens fine he jist disnae wantae.

• JonF
Reply #3777
(Serious liberal snark)

It all fits together! Barack Obama came to Hawaii, trying to avoid publicity, on Monday and Tuesday, then a federal judge who Obama appointed ruled against the latest version of Trump's Muslim ban on Wednesday! Any evidence Obama dropped in on Judge Watson? Pfft. They were on the same island, what more proof do you need?

The loons at Alex Jones's InfoWars are on it, too, noting Reddit users checking Google Earth noticed that Obama's route to dinner could have taken him "within 5 minutes of the judge's house at one point on the drive over

Read more at https://wonkette.com/614310/stupidest-man-on-internet-obama-made-hawaii-judge-kill-the-muslim-ban-impeach#KJBsoxUAwIwH7BeQ.99
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3778
Lol! gets a mention in Buzzfeed's articlette on the topic:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/boycott-hawaii?utm_term=.wfb3xyVJWV#.qrYmOD7j97

I like the 'Canada will gladly take Hawaii in' suggestions.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #3779

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/boycott-hawaii?utm_term=.wfb3xyVJWV#.qrYmOD7j97

Would be a good idea. You lot need somewhere nice for winter.
Truth is out of style

• Pingu
Reply #3780

When we lived in Vancouver we stopped in Hawaii for a week once on our way to visit the in-laws in Australia.  We had a couple of rainy days, and on one, we went to an indoor play centre to keep our 3 year old happy. 

There we found two other families from Vancouver, and ruefully noted that we were all in Hawaii to escape the Vancouver rain.  And might have well have gone to the very similar indoor play centre in Richmond.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3781

When we lived in Vancouver we stopped in Hawaii for a week once on our way to visit the in-laws in Australia.  We had a couple of rainy days, and on one, we went to an indoor play centre to keep our 3 year old happy. 

There we found two other families from Vancouver, and ruefully noted that we were all in Hawaii to escape the Vancouver rain.  And might have well have gone to the very similar indoor play centre in Richmond.
I remember a few years back, while I was still living in Hawaii, my daughter complaining about it having rained something like 33 days straight in Seattle. I replied that we were going on something like 60 days of rain.

Difference is rain in Seattle is pretty much continuous, rain in Hawaii is not. Might rain for a few minutes, perhaps a few hours in the extreme. But just as nearly every day had some rain, it also had copious amounts of sun.

However, one shouldn't ignore the storm we had when we had just moved there. Rained for three or four days, continuous and hard. Something well over 30" in that period as one of the trash cans lids blew off on the second day and it was full up by evening on the third day, despite being tucked under some trees.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3782

I remember a few years back, while I was still living in Hawaii, my daughter complaining about it having rained something like 33 days straight in Seattle. I replied that we were going on something like 60 days of rain.

Difference is rain in Seattle is pretty much continuous, rain in Hawaii is not. Might rain for a few minutes, perhaps a few hours in the extreme. But just as nearly every day had some rain, it also had copious amounts of sun.

However, one shouldn't ignore the storm we had when we had just moved there. Rained for three or four days, continuous and hard. Something well over 30" in that period as one of the trash cans lids blew off on the second day and the can, which had been empty, was full up by evening on the third day, despite being tucked under some trees.
Are we there yet?

Reply #3783
WHOAH!

Mrs May must have wagged her finger like a displeased nanny

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3784
WHOAH!

Mrs May must have wagged her finger like a displeased nanny
Next time, I expect the Queen to take Donny over her knee.
Are we there yet?

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #3785

I honestly don't understand why people find Vancouver so desirable. Shit weather almost all the time. on the few nice days, everyone in the city has the same idea to go to one of the maybe 5 or 6 nice places to recreate outdoors, meaning the road system to those places is completely plugged and you cant find a parking space within 5km. After living in Australia, this place is sheer fucking torture. There is literally nothing outside to visit worth the aggravation of trying to get there.  And the price for living in the absolute shithole? $1.3M for a tear-down on a busy intersection in the worst part of town.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #3786
The summers actually are beautiful in Vancouver. It's paradise for 2 1/2 months a year.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• MikeS
Reply #3787
The parks are amazing, many with old growth or only first cut forest (i.e. logged once 100+ years ago then left as a park).  I lived near Mundy Park in Coquitlam and they had everything there from well groomed trails (thick with mulch for runners) to sports areas and other ammenities.

Or you could drive 30-45 minutes and get lost in the mountains and valleys to the north.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #3788
The parks are amazing, many with old growth or only first cut forest (i.e. logged once 100+ years ago then left as a park).  I lived near Mundy Park in Coquitlam and they had everything there from well groomed trails (thick with mulch for runners) to sports areas and other ammenities.

Or you could drive 30-45 minutes and get lost in the mountains and valleys to the north.
Are you kidding? On a nice Saturday morning it'll take 45 minutes just to cross the 2nd narrows.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #3789
The summers actually are beautiful in Vancouver. It's paradise for 2 1/2 months a year.

Yes, it is.  Goes a long way.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #3790

Yes, it is.  Goes a long way.
I disagree. It's a fine place to visit. Living here, not so much. Unless you really really like sitting in essentially gridlocked traffic on your weekend and learn to savour that special feeling you get when the aggravation level reaches your eyeballs as you vie for the one parking spot with 10 other equally infuriated hapless schmucks.

Reply #3791
Well, when I lived in Bellingham, traffic wasn't that bad. Sucks to have a city grow out of control without good public transportation infrastructure.

• MikeS
Reply #3792
Well, when I lived in Bellingham, traffic wasn't that bad. Sucks to have a city grow out of control without good public transportation infrastructure. be you.
fyp   :grin:

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #3793
Thankfully I often get sent to the arctic where traffic is somewhat less of a problem.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #3794
I thought Vancouver was in the arctic.
Truth is out of style

Reply #3795
I don't even think it's at 50' N.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #3796
Near enough.
Truth is out of style

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #3797
Very funny. Seriously though, think of Vancouver weather as, on average, 5 degrees cooler than Sydney year round, and with the same yearly rainfall evenly distributed over 9 months instead of the bursts that Sydney gets.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #3798
Ah. Melbourne. Sounds horrible. :grin:
Truth is out of style

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3799
I don't even think it's at 50' N.
Just about at 50N. 49.2827, Or about 43 nautical miles short.
Depending, of course, on what part of Vancouver you are discussing.
Are we there yet?