Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Psychiatric Help Five Cents Thread.  (Read 383 times) previous topic - next topic

Psychiatric Help Five Cents Thread.
This thread is for Lizzie and Borealis who - like Lucy - want to "help" me by giving me psychiatric help.

I'm all ears, ladies.

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Re: Psychiatric Help Five Cents Thread.
Reply #1
This thread is for Lizzie and Borealis who - like Lucy - want to "help" me by giving me psychiatric help.

I'm all ears, ladies.

Well, apparently not.  You failed to notice that my point was that help is not appropriate in your case.

Try listening.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #2
Lithium.  Lots o' lithium.

And professional help.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #3
Nah.

Reply #4
 :stareicide:
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #5

I'm all ears, ladies.
Nope. I said maybe we should encourage you to get some help if we thought you were unhinged. And that was half sarcastic. Really I think you're just a brainwashed bombastic misogynist with delusions of grandeur. I'm not sure there's any help for that. Most boys who hit that phase get it out of their systems by the age of fourteen.

• fredbear
  • Needs a Life
  • Militantly Confused

Reply #6
Dave, have you ever received a diagnosis of, or ever been treated for, any psychological condition?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #7
You can't treat NPD

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #8
Well, you can, but the person has to be motivated to engage.

Reply #9
Unfortunately, one of the issues with NPD is that the person is not motivated to engage. As they say, it takes all kinds.

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #10
Unfortunately, one of the issues with NPD is that the person is not motivated to engage. As they say, it takes all kinds.

Well, not always.  Typically, a crisis triggers help-seeking.

Of course you could argue (and I would, actually) that if the person is functional, then it's not really appropriate to call it a disorder.

The people who need help are the people having to deal with a narcissist.  Which, right now, is just about everybody in the whole world :(

Reply #11
Dave, have you ever received a diagnosis of, or ever been treated for, any psychological condition?

He was treated for bipolar disorder

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #12

I'm all ears, ladies.
Here you go, dave:

That'll be $100. Feel free to write (AND send) a check to the NCSE.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #13
Maybe offer him just the second thing for $50.

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #14

Of course you could argue (and I would, actually) that if the person is functional, then it's not really appropriate to call it a disorder.

The people who need help are the people having to deal with a narcissist.  Which, right now, is just about everybody in the whole world :(

Quote from: Brian Resnick, in Vox
Is it an illness if there's no self-harm?

What's missing in Gartner's diagnosis, according to Frances, is the key element to diagnosing all mental illness: suffering.

"Everyone has a personality," Frances says. "It's not wrong to have a personality; it's not mentally ill to have a personality. It's only a disorder when it causes extreme distress, suffering, and impairment."

• fredbear
  • Needs a Life
  • Militantly Confused

Reply #15

My brother has bipolar disorder. Dave has something different.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #16

My brother has bipolar disorder. Dave has something different.

Yea well imbecile is no longer a part of the DSM

Reply #17
Dave, if you're reading this, I first crossed your path on a discussion board in 2005. I stopped engaging with you and your ideas in 2009. When I came back and found you still engaging with the same old crowd in mid-2016, I noticed a marked difference in your posting style and types of ideas. I even contacted a couple people privately to ask what had happened to you.

It's obvious that you've changed since 2005, Dave, and it's not for the better.

Reply #18

Swinging widely between being a cunt or a twat, all on a roller-coaster of fuck-wittery.

Reply #19
Dave, if you're reading this, I first crossed your path on a discussion board in 2005. I stopped engaging with you and your ideas in 2009. When I came back and found you still engaging with the same old crowd in mid-2016, I noticed a marked difference in your posting style and types of ideas. I even contacted a couple people privately to ask what had happened to you.

I noticed that as well. I'd describe his earlier posting as fractally wrong, but still attempting to argue with some level of earnestness. There was always a degree of dishonesty, but that's a necessary byproduct of arguing against reality.

These days Dave seems to be far less interested in the debate, and far quicker to post content free rants.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #20
That's because every time he tried to support his case he got hammered. After being hammered for years, he basically gave up.
Truth is out of style

Reply #21

That's basically what I said in my first post

Reply #22

There were some major changes in his life which resuled in him living "off the grid."      He hasn't been the same since he developed this obsession with saving the world through hobby farming.
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Reply #23

That's basically what I said in my first post

This one?

:stareicide:

I guess.

Reply #24

There were some major changes in his life which resuled in him living "off the grid."      He hasn't been the same since he developed this obsession with saving the world through hobby farming.

Yea divorce and prostitute PTSD can do that.