Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: What's Going On in Luton UK? (Read 737 times) previous topic - next topic

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Re: What's Going On in Luton UK?
Reply #25
"that Milo guy"  ::)

I don't know what's funnier. That Dave would take that guy seriously or that he referred to him as "that Milo guy" because he was unable to spell, pronounce, or bother copy/pasting his last name. And then follows up immediately by asking the very group of people he thinks are a bunch of lying assholes if it's true.

Has there been one place in the West claimed by anyone to have been taken over by "extremist Muslims" that didn't turn out to be a load of horseshit?
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #26
There's a video going around Facebook from that Milo guy that says that Luton has been taken over by Muslim extremists.
Is it true?
Has anyone pointed out lately what a gullible tool you are, Hawkins?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #27
Luton has a high Muslim population. As with any such religion-identified group, they have their extremists and idiots, but most just want to get on with their lives in peace. However, when one of our very own white supremacist groups intentionally provokes them, they tend to react badly.

But to say that the town has been taken over by radical Islamists is a lie. There is no part of Luton I would not walk through at night, and I'm not a particularly brave or foolhardy person.
OK ... well that's why I asked ... I figured one of our Brits here might know ...

Reply #28
Dave, think for a moment, has anywhere that supposed to have been taken over by, well anyone, actually have been? Visible and fairly high profile presence, yes, but actually "taken over"?
Why do I bother?

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #29
Dave, think for a moment, has anywhere that supposed to have been taken over by, well anyone, actually have been? Visible and fairly high profile presence, yes, but actually "taken over"?
North America was pretty thoroughly taken over by Europeans.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #30
Yes

Reply #31
Europe was pretty much taken over by "Christians."   And many lands surrounding Saudi Arabia were taken over by Muslims.

Reply #32
Ok, apart from the obvious colonies where Europeans turned up and either wiped out or thoroughly interbred with the native populations.
Why do I bother?

Reply #33
 Virtually all the lands surrounding the Mediterranean sea were taken over by Alexander, then by the Rome.

Reply #34
Those damn Christians. Can't live with 'em, can't feed 'em to the lions any more.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #35
However, in a representative democracy, it is pretty hard to circumvent the legal system.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #36
Dave,  think. Conquest is rather different than "a bunch of people moved in because rent was cheap and set up takeaways and ethnic food shops, and a few places of worship".
Why do I bother?

Reply #37
But yeah... The few times that takeovers have not occurred... They certainly have not occurred.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #38
In spite of 13% of the population taking over the Borough, 13/02/2017 - Lewsey Sports Park & Pool celebrates five years as a community health hub with further investment

Lewsey Sports Park and Pool celebrated its fifth birthday this week with the opening of a new £25,000 spinning studio, complete with 20 new spinning bikes. The centre opened in February 2012 following a £1million investment to refurbish the former Coral's Squash and Snooker Club and has become a hub of community sport, health and wellbeing. In addition to over 1,000 health and fitness and swimming members, there are nearly 3,000 casual users of the centre and over 600 children taking regular swimming lessons.

Health and rehabilitation
The centre is also home to a wide range of health and rehabilitation programmes delivered in collaboration with nationally and locally renowned partners including:

Multi-use sports park
With something for everyone, whatever your sporting preference or fitness level, the sports park boasts:
  • 70-station state-of-the-art gym
  • studios with over 40 group fitness classes per week
  • boxing training area and full-size ring
  • five squash courts
  • 25m swimming pool with flume slide
  • varied programme of adult, baby and children's swimming lessons
  • aqua fitness classes
  • disability, lane and family swimming sessions
  • floodlit multi-use games area for tennis and netball
  • conference/training room available for external hire

Lewsey Sports Park is home to Luton and Dunstable Squash Club and Lewsey Boxing Club.

Fully inclusive facilities
The centre is accredited by the Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI), run by the English Federation of Disability Sport, which means that it demonstrates a commitment to encouraging disabled people to become physically active. The park has fully inclusive facilities ranging from:
  • qualified level 3 exercise and disability instructor in the gym
  • fully accessible equipment
  • disabled parking spaces through
  • dedicated toilets and changing for people with disabilities
  • IFI-accredited adaptable equipment in the gym

Helen Barnett, chief executive of Active Luton said: "We are very proud of how Lewsey Sports Park has developed to meet the needs of the diverse surrounding community to provide wide-ranging, accessible and affordable opportunities for local residents of all ages, abilities, ethnicity and health status to improve their health and fitness."

Membership offer
Full health and fitness membership ull health and fitness membership including:Opportunities to get active at Lewsey Sports Park include a full health and fitness membership with unlimited access to all of the facilities and group fitness classes which is currently on offer at a fully inclusive price of £20.17 per month until 20 February (normally £24.99/month - plus £14.50 start up payment).

Pay as You Go and concessionary rates are also available from as little as £2 per session.

#WhatsGoingOnInLuton
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #39
But yeah... The few times that takeovers have not occurred... They certainly have not occurred.

Your three ring circus of non-sequiturs notwithstanding, again for the cheap seats....

Has there been one place in the West claimed by anyone to have been taken over by "extremist Muslims" that didn't turn out to be a load of horseshit?

Reply #40
Virtually all the lands surrounding the Mediterranean sea were taken over by Alexander, then by the Rome.
Rome, yeah, Alexander, no.  The western limits of his empire didn't extend beyond the eastern Mediterranean.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #41
I hadn't previously realised he was this stupid.
Really?  That's hard to believe.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #42
Virtually all the lands surrounding the Mediterranean sea were taken over by Alexander ... .
::)  :no:  

Where did you (fail to) learn history, Hawkins?
"Homeschooling"?

(Ninja'd by DeanW)

Reply #43
I hadn't previously realised he was this stupid.
Really?  That's hard to believe.

Pingu is very forgiving.  That's just one of her tools of manipulation.

Reply #44
Virtually all the lands surrounding the Mediterranean sea were taken over by Alexander ... .
::)  :no: 

Where did you (fail to) learn history, Hawkins?
"Homeschooling"?

(Ninja'd by DeanW)

Guys he said virtually , which is a synonym for almost. /DaveHasToBeRightism /DaveRabbitHoleDerail

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #45
Rome? Yes. Alexander? No.

ETA: Multi-ninja'd, of course
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #46
So that's it Dave?  You display your appalling ignorance of a subject, in this case ancient history, and you flee like a scared rabbit?  Disappointing, Dave, truly disappointing.  How about we return to Lake Kalksjon?

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #47
Valentine Disco
17 Feb 19:30 - 00:00
The Hightown CLUB LUTON, OXEN ROAD

Valentines Day falls on a Tuesday this year and so we wil be celebrating it only 3 days later with a Valentine Disco and we are please to say DJ Janet will be back playing a fantastic night of music so bring down all your family and friends for a night to celebrate how much they mean to you and even better its free entry on the night.

#WhatsGoingOnInLuton

Reply #48

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #49
Pingu is very forgiving.  That's just one of her tools of manipulation.
It's also one of mine.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭