Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Relax, Donald Trump is Stone Cold Sane (Read 5735 times) previous topic - next topic

Relax, Donald Trump is Stone Cold Sane
When a man acquires billions of dollars through complex real estate transactions, invests in many countries, goes on to phenomenal success in television and turns his name into a worldwide brand, it is very unlikely that he is mentally unstable.

When the same man obviously enjoys the love and respect of his children and his wife, who seem to rely on him for support and guidance, it is extraordinarily unlikely that he is mentally unstable.

When the same man walks into the political arena and deftly defeats 16 Republican opponents and then the Democratic heir-apparent to a two-term president's administration, the odds of that man being mentally unstable become vanishingly thin.

And when that very same man attracts to his team the kind of intellect and gravitas represented (to name just a few) by Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Dr. Ben Carson, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Defense James Mattis, a retired Marine Corps general and commander of the U.S. Central Command, he cannot be mentally deranged. Period. It is a statistical impossibility.

Those who assert otherwise are political opportunists, or fools, or both (and I am thinking here, in particular, of Sen. Franken).

President Trump is the first human being to win this nation's highest office without having held any other political office or serving as a general. Most political pundits thought his quest was pure folly. Most journalists assessed his chances as zero. So who was laboring under quasi-delusional thinking? Answer: Not Donald J. Trump.

Anecdotally, by the way, I have never had one bad Trump experience. Not one. I own several of his ties -- all of them of the highest quality. I have stayed in his hotels and never had a single complaint (and I am a born complainer). I have eaten in his New York restaurant -- flawless service, excellent food. I own an apartment at Trump Place in Manhattan. Impeccable design, sturdy construction, fabulous amenities. A mentally unstable man would be unlikely to deliver superior products across multiple industries, don't you think?

If you're still worried about the mental stability of the president, note this: The stock market doesn't like instability. Investors, en masse, can take the measure of a man pretty darn well. The stock market has hit record high after record high since Trump's election, and if you think that's an accident, or that investors have all been fooled, it's time to start wondering about your own capacity for rational thought.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/02/15/relax-trump-is-stone-cold-sane.html

Re: Relax, Donald Trump is Stone Cold Sane
Reply #1
We need a thoughtless cheerleading emoji.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #2
Unsubscribe

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #3
None of which has to do with his obvious insanity.

Plus he's so far out of his depth that he's looking up at the Titanic.  Government is not a business, even for a lousy businessman.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #4
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Be very afraid, Donald Trump is stone cold sane"?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #5
What does a  political opinion piece, by some guy, on "FoxNews Opinion", have to do with "Science"  -  even pseudoscience (i.e. "alternative" science)?

I guess Hawkins is just not comfortable outside his playpen.
  • Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:57:29 AM by VoxRat
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #6
When a man acquires billions of dollars through complex real estate transactions, invests in many countries, goes on to phenomenal success in television and turns his name into a worldwide brand, it is very unlikely that he is mentally unstable.

When the same man obviously enjoys the love and respect of his children and his wife, who seem to rely on him for support and guidance, it is extraordinarily unlikely that he is mentally unstable.

When the same man walks into the political arena and deftly defeats 16 Republican opponents and then the Democratic heir-apparent to a two-term president's administration, the odds of that man being mentally unstable become vanishingly thin.

And when that very same man attracts to his team the kind of intellect and gravitas represented (to name just a few) by Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Dr. Ben Carson, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Defense James Mattis, a retired Marine Corps general and commander of the U.S. Central Command, he cannot be mentally deranged. Period. It is a statistical impossibility.

Those who assert otherwise are political opportunists, or fools, or both (and I am thinking here, in particular, of Sen. Franken).

President Trump is the first human being to win this nation's highest office without having held any other political office or serving as a general. Most political pundits thought his quest was pure folly. Most journalists assessed his chances as zero. So who was laboring under quasi-delusional thinking? Answer: Not Donald J. Trump.

Anecdotally, by the way, I have never had one bad Trump experience. Not one. I own several of his ties -- all of them of the highest quality. I have stayed in his hotels and never had a single complaint (and I am a born complainer). I have eaten in his New York restaurant -- flawless service, excellent food. I own an apartment at Trump Place in Manhattan. Impeccable design, sturdy construction, fabulous amenities. A mentally unstable man would be unlikely to deliver superior products across multiple industries, don't you think?

If you're still worried about the mental stability of the president, note this: The stock market doesn't like instability. Investors, en masse, can take the measure of a man pretty darn well. The stock market has hit record high after record high since Trump's election, and if you think that's an accident, or that investors have all been fooled, it's time to start wondering about your own capacity for rational thought.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/02/15/relax-trump-is-stone-cold-sane.html

When a man acquires billions of dollars through complex [aviation business stuff], invests in many countries, goes on to phenomenal success in [movies] and turns his name into a worldwide brand, it is very unlikely that he is mentally unstable.

Reply #7
You think Dave will figure out who that is?

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #8
You think Dave will figure out who that is?
In Chrome, takes two clicks.

So, not a chance.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #9

• fredbear
  • Needs a Life
  • Militantly Confused

Reply #10

Just how is this calculated, I wonder?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #11
Cross-posted:

Trump will hold a rally this weekend

As Ed Brayton says:

You don't need to be a psychologist to see what this is about. Trump is getting pummeled in the media, his administration is off to a horrible start in every possible way. You can imagine perfectly, and I'm sure accurately, his aides saying to each other, "The president seems really down in the dumps. We need to do something to help him snap out of it." "Yeah, I know what to do. We'll hold a rally and get thousands of people cheering for him!"

Trump absolutely craves praise. He's like a child who has to get a cookie as a reward for everything he does. And no matter how bad things are in the real world, that world is the only one he really cares about. He will shut off everything else and just bask in the wild applause of a few thousand lackwits and that will become his whole world. That's why he's constantly talking about the "many people" he knows who think he's right about something, or all the phone calls he's gotten telling him he's doing the right thing. Even if polls show 90% disapproval of it, if he is getting praise from some group of people, that is the only group of people that exists.

You know what it is? SAD!

Reply #12
Since when did Ben Carson have a first class intellect? I mean ok he became a doctor, but he seems to have shut off the thinking circuits since then.
Why do I bother?

• Wally

Reply #13
Dave, Trump is as sane as you are.

Reply #14
Dave's source:

In April 2011, Ablow wrote a health column for FoxNews.com[19] which criticized designer Jenna Lyons for publishing an advertisement in the J. Crew catalogue in which she was depicted painting her young son's toenails hot pink. Ablow wrote that gender distinctions are "part of the magnificent synergy that creates and sustains the human race". The column sparked a controversy around his claims that painting a child's toenails pink could have an effect on their gender identity and led to accusations of overreaction, as was reported upon by numerous news media sources.[20][21][22][23]
In 2012, when the most watched video on the Internet (Gangnam Style) became a subject of Bill O'Reilly's show with Ablow as guest, Ablow suggested that the song was "without intelligible words," apparently unaware that the song was in Korean. This led him to conclude that the song was "without reality, feeling, and meaning," suggesting that watching it is like "taking a drug." The rest of the segment focused on Ablow's disappointment in his book sales compared to the success of Psy.[24]
During the 2012 Republican primary, Ablow wrote a column arguing that Newt Gingrich's three marriages actually made him more qualified to be president. He wrote: "When three women want to sign on for life with a man who is now running for president, I worry more about whether we'll be clamoring for a third Gingrich term, not whether we'll want to let him go after one."[25] The column was criticized, with Rod Dreher of The American Conservative commenting thus: "Oh for frack's sake. At some point, you have to wonder when shamelessness crosses the line from character defect to psychopathology. If only Dr. Leo Spaceman were a Republican, he could have a lucrative career on Fox."[26]
On August 12, 2014, as a guest co-host on the Fox News show, Outnumbered, Ablow criticized First Lady Michelle Obama's weight, stating "she needs to drop a few [pounds]."[27] On an August 21, 2014 segment, he told the women panelists on the show that they also need to lose weight.[28]
On October 9, 2014, concerning the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Ablow opined on Fox News that he believed the president "may literally believe we should suffer along with less fortunate nations. And if he does, that is a very dangerous psychological stance from which to confront Ebola".[29] He stated that President Obama was not protecting the United States from Ebola because his "affiliations" and "affinities" were more with Africa.[30] His Ebola comments drew criticism, including from Fox television host Greg Gutfeld (The Five).[31]
On May 5, 2015, on the Fox New show Outnumbered, Ablow stated that he believes that men should be able to "veto" women's abortions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ablow

Reply #15
Most of the above is typical rw stuff, but the bit about not knowing that Psy's song was in the Korean language is hilarious.

• Photon
  • Needs a Life
  • I interfere with myself

Reply #16
Yep. Dave's source sure sounds unbiased and sane. Dave, you sure can pick them. But then again, you don't care if it comes from a misogynist, a religious extremist, or a racist, you"ll quote anyone you thinks agrees with you, not unlike Trump, who's about the narcissistic perceived adoration more than the actual facts.

Reply #17
Well, I guess this thread answers the question: is davey dork ever right about anything? 

Reply #18
In the sense of being a right wing blinkered fundamentalist middle aged white misogynist American man, Dave is always 'right'.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #19
What does a  political opinion piece, by some guy, on "FoxNews Opinion", have to do with "Science"  -  even pseudoscience (i.e. "alternative" science)?

It's about long distance mental health diagnosis.  Sounds like pseudoscience to me.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #20

It's about long distance mental health diagnosis.  Sounds like pseudoscience to me.
Well... ok. A case could be made.
In that spirit, I believe there is a strong case for a diagnosis of fairly advanced dementia here:
Questioned About Anti-Semitism, Trump Brags About Election Victory
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #21
... I believe there is a strong case for a diagnosis of fairly advanced dementia here:
Questioned About Anti-Semitism, Trump Brags About Election Victory
and here

jesus christ

• nesb

Reply #22
So people need to write essays arguing that the President of the United States doesn't have a significant mental disorder.

Reply #23
So people need to write essays arguing that the President of the United States doesn't have a significant mental disorder.
And that things are actually under control at the white house.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #24
Says it all.
Truth is out of style