Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Relax, Donald Trump is Stone Cold Sane (Read 2769 times) previous topic - next topic

Alfonso Bivouac, Sea Star, entropy and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Relax, Donald Trump is Stone Cold Sane
Reply #25
it's almost as if Dave owns a fat suit with a dead ferret stapled to the top. He's definitely out of the same mould as Hair Twitler in his thinking.

I'm still waiting for one of the Orange Shitgibbon's supporters to predict how the "little guy" will be better off after a year or two of this trainwreck-on-continuous-loop. I may be silly, but I can't quite grasp how reducing taxes on the wealthy, taking away affordable healthcare from the poor, removing environmental and financial protections, and starting trade wars is going to help anyone but the very wealthy

Reply #26
How the little guy will be better off?  Well he might be able to get a good paying job in Michigan working for Ford thanks to Trump.  Or at one of the other many companies who are committing to more USA factories.

Reply #27
Sometimes I just shake my head in disbelief that there are "real" scientists here at this forum who actually believe that Trump is a failed businessman "because he went through some bankruptcies."  Trump is one of the world's most successful businessmen ... and many people here can't even see that basic fact.

Reply #28
I suppose it shouldn't surprise me .... after all, these same people believe in the "Alice in Wonderland" view of world history ... millions of years ... no Flood ... etc.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #29
Yes Dave, some people follow the evidence.

Reply #30
This should probably go in both this thread and trumpocolypse, but, Dave, watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TfqTHlMszA
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #31
You think I didn't already watch that?

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • Curmudgeon

Reply #32
  Trump is one of the world's most successful businessmen ...
How do you know?
By what criteria?

Personally, I have no opinion on that.
It doesn't matter to me.

But - in light of the bankruptcies and multiple examples of stiffing contractors and "the little guy", I would avoid having anything to do with him. Unfortunately, I don't have that option now.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #33
Ok so now even Fox News, which is hard right Repub all the way, is saying Trump is off the fucking planet and a pathological liar, and you're still swallowing everything he throws at you.

• nesb

Reply #34
  Trump is one of the world's most successful businessmen ...
How do you know?
By what criteria?

Personally, I have no opinion on that.
It doesn't matter to me.

But - in light of the bankruptcies and multiple examples of stiffing contractors and "the little guy", I would avoid having anything to do with him. Unfortunately, I don't have that option now.

Warren Buffet is one of the world's most successful businessmen. Trump is small potatoes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxMCLHXkVc&t=1s

Reply #35
I have no idea, but, looking at this thread title, there's a bit of a conflict.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #36
Then again, it kinda makes sense that Dave would feel at home with someone who is off the fucking planet and a pathological liar. Dave worships people like that, and emulates them.

Reply #37
Moving Voxrat's Trump spam to this thread ...

Yeah he didn't give a SINGLE example ... he gave SEVERAL!
Name one.

What a tool you are!
IKYABWAI right on schedule.

"Name one"?

OK ... the NY Times story on Trump's Russia ties ... watch Trump's mention of that here if you like ... http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/16/hannity-monologue-trump-news-conference-epic-beatdown-press

Here's a list of 16 "fake news" items ... http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/16-fake-news-stories-reporters-have-run-since-trump-won/

Reply #38

Name one.

What a tool you are!

"Name one"?

OK ... the NY Times story on Trump's Russia ties ... watch Trump's mention of that here if you like ... http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/16/hannity-monologue-trump-news-conference-epic-beatdown-press

Here's a list of 16 "fake news" items ... http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/16-fake-news-stories-reporters-have-run-since-trump-won/
Holy shit. That list. Twitter is news?

Reply #39
Dave, did you watch that press conference? Did you not see how he talked to April Ryan? Did you hear/read what he said to her? Explain how the President of the United States of America can allow himself to be that out of the reality loop, that insensitive, and that condescending?

That's aside from all the rest of the sometimes dangerous insanity he was spilling all over the place.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • Curmudgeon

Reply #40

Name one.

What a tool you are!

"Name one"?

No, dave. I'm not going to sit through 8 minutes of Sean Fucking Hannity's OPINION showcase to try to figure out what you might try to defend. I watched, and listened to, the entire fiasco yesterday, and I didn't hear any examples of press lying, dishonesty, or fake news. Either you can cite an example, or you can't.  Apparently, you can't.
We can take up other people's accusations somewhere else if you like. But right now we're talking about TRUMP'S lying accusations of press dishonesty and fake news.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • Curmudgeon

Reply #41
Dave, did you watch that press conference? Did you not see how he talked to April Ryan? Did you hear/read what he said to her? Explain how the President of the United States of America can allow himself to be that out of the reality loop, that insensitive, and that condescending?

That's aside from all the rest of the sometimes dangerous insanity he was spilling all over the place.
Seriously, Hawkins. Did you watch it? or are you getting all your information second hand from Sean Hannity and the like?

Because Trump was caught, dead to rights, actually propagating (there's that word again) fake news about his "historic" electoral win. His excuse? "I was given that information. I don't know. I was just given, we had a very big margin...
actually I've seen that information around."

So, here we have an actual, undisputed case of Trump propagating fake news, in the same press conference where he's repeatedly accusing the press of fake news, but can't cite a single example.

Have you ever read* George Orwell, Hawkins?

* read - not "hawkinzed".

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #42
How the little guy will be better off?  Well he might be able to get a good paying job in Michigan working for Ford thanks to Trump.  Or at one of the other many companies who are committing to more USA factories.
Ford made their decision months before the election. Trump had nothing to do with it.

Speaking of Ford factories, how many hundreds of billions would your plan for the Kansas Ford factory cost?

Have you noticed the many factories such as Rexnord that are still leaving? And that Trump got Carrier to save 800 jobs with a big bribe... which they said they are going to use to develop automation to get rid of those workers in a few years.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #43
Sometimes I just shake my head in disbelief that there are "real" scientists here at this forum who actually believe that Trump is a failed businessman "because he went through some bankruptcies and lost money relative to the stock market and got what he did by starting out rich and screwing the little guy over and over."  Trump is one of the world's most successful businessmen rich because of his father's money and not because of any talent... and many people one person here can't even see that basic fact.
fyp.
  • Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:04:06 AM by JonF
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #44
Sometimes I just shake my head in disbelief that there are "real" scientists here at this forum who actually believe that Trump is a failed businessman "because he went through some bankruptcies."  Trump is one of the world's most successful businessmen ... and many people here can't even see that basic fact.
I suppose it shouldn't surprise me .... after all, these same people believe in the "Alice in Wonderland" view of world history ... millions of years ... no Flood ... etc.
Poor dave. Just look at him, teasing and baiting and goading us, desperately trying to steer the discussion towards the only thing he (feels like) he has arguments for: Trump being a "good businessman".

Sad.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #45
Poor dave. Just look at him, teasing and baiting and goading us, desperately trying to steer the discussion towards the only thing he (feels like) he has arguments for: Trump being a "good businessman".

Sad.

Measured by the same metric Dave and Trumpkin ARE good businessmen,

It's just that real successful businessmen call Dave and Trumpkin FAILED businessmen.

What's the Trump brand worth, when the American people take up his suggestion of "buying American" and leave his foreign-made ties and shirts on the shelf, and when Trump-labelled buildings and businesses worldwide are terrorist targets?

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • Curmudgeon

Reply #46
Lying accusations of lying are about the worst kind of lie.
Both Hawkins and Trump have always been masters of this.
But it is troubling how obviously Hawkins feels more emboldened than ever to fly his post-factual flag more proudly than ever. There are undoubtedly millions of Trump True Believers who will be similarly encouraged, by the shameless example of the liar in chief, to accuse everyone who tells a truth they don't like of "lying", "fake news", "very very dishonest" etc.  No need to support any of these lying accusations!

How do we know a given item Trump accuses of being "fake news" is, in fact, fake news?
The news is fake because so much of the news is fake.
Well. I guess that settles that.

Reply #47

Seriously, Hawkins. Did you watch it? or are you getting all your information second hand from Sean Hannity and the like?

Because Trump was caught, dead to rights, actually propagating (there's that word again) fake news about his "historic" electoral win. His excuse? "I was given that information. I don't know. I was just given, we had a very big margin...

So, here we have an actual, undisputed case of Trump propagating fake news, in the same press conference where he's repeatedly accusing the press of fake news, but can't cite a single example.

No. He hasn't.

Reply #48

No. He hasn't.
Yeah, he claimed the Medieval Europe was "Orwellian" a while back...

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #49
Dave wouldn't even understand the April Ryan incident. You'll have to actually explain it to him, in  detail, if you want it to have any impact.