Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational:  Surprisingly bad at this.

Topic: RH Brown and Carbon 14 (Read 13980 times) previous topic - next topic

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Re: RH Brown and Carbon 14
Reply #50
Predictions:

1/ Dave will decide Pingu is being manipulative by raising that bloody lake again.
2/ Thread will be abandoned shortly thereafter.
Truth is out of style

Reply #51
The idea that his son is studying to be an elementary school science teacher is what has me most curious. I don't know how Missouri deals with teacher standards and licensing but that's not really a field of study in any teaching college that I am aware of.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #52
I think what Dave means is his son is trying to figure out how to teach YEC in elementary school without getting into trouble with the law.
Truth is out of style

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #53
I think what Dave means is his son is trying to figure out how to teach YEC in elementary school without getting into trouble with the law.
Not if he limits himself to "Christian schools".
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #54
Ok. But why would Dave be explaining mass balance equations and radio isotope measurement as something that an elementary school teacher needs to know?

Anyway, Dave, if you want him to understand, just show him the TR archive threads.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #55
Ok. But why would Dave be explaining mass balance equations and radio isotope measurement as something that an elementary school teacher needs to know?
Well you know what kids are like. The little buggers always want to ask difficult questions, so it would be handy to be able to baffle them with bullshit.
Truth is out of style

• MikeS
Reply #56
Kälksjön
fyp :parrot:
Welcome back from your hiatus Osman.  You fell off the earth for a few months there; although being an Aussie that's kind of easy to do being upside down and all.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #57
I am sort of nomadic on the web these days. :)
Truth is out of style

• Pingu
Reply #58
Well, to be fair, what he did was compute what the change rates would have to been, to make radiocarbon dating work with his Flood model.
I gotta say...
To me, the difference between that and "pulled from his ass" is subtle.

I think it's real, though.  To say: If X is true, Y must have happened, leads to a testable prediction - see if you can find evidence for or against Y.  And we find evidence against Y.

Whereas what Dave more typically does is simply assert that both X and Y are true.  That is what I'd call ass-pulling.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #59
Kälksjön
fyp :parrot:

Well done. Please also note that "Lake K" is a pleonasm, as "sjön" means "the lake".

There are not only Lake Lakes, but (perhaps more) "River River", like River Avon (avon is British Celtic for river), Yarlung Tsangpo River (the Brahmaputra; tsangpo indicates a Tibetan river).

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #60
And then there's Lake Rotorua, and Motutapu Island, and...
Truth is out of style

Reply #61
Well at most it seems like you would have two buckets... The atmosphere and the living biosphere.  And this could be simplified to one bucket representing the living biosphere with the chlorine dripper representing the atmosphere.
You can't do that with the large variance in bucket sizes compared to the much smaller exchange of carbon between these buckets.

For example, the atmosphere has a turn-over of carbon every ~6 years (the flows in/out over 6 years equal the amount of carbon in the atmosphere).  however, in the other extreme, the deep ocean is a bucket 50 times the size of the atmosphere but the carbon exchange is about the same, so it's turn-over is every 400 years.

So you can't really lump all this together when you're trying to argue about equilibrium values found in different medium.
Well ... all I care about at the moment is the following ...

1) The evidence that we have overwhelmingly favors a Global Flood 5000 years ago or so ... and there must have been a huge amount of living biomass pre-Flood judging by what is now buried
2) Living biomass breathing carbon 14 in can be modeled like water in a bucket with bleach dripping into it
3) Sequestered biomass can be modeled like the water poured out of the bucket which no longer receives the bleach drip

Reply #62
So what we know for sure is that radio carbon "dates" are FU prior to about 3000 YA because of the failure to account for the Global Flood.  What we DON'T know is exactly how everything was affected.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #63

1) The evidence that we have overwhelmingly favors a Global Flood 5000 years ago or so...
What do you mean "we", fuckface? We, as in a whole stack of people that are not you, have oodles of evidence that has terrified you for years, and that conclusively disproves your putative Fludde. You couldn't even deal with the simplest questions about your lovely picture of the Grand Canyon when I first wandered into RDF years and years ago. How the fuck did Hurricane Fault form in a huge pile of slush, underwater?
Truth is out of style

• JonF
Reply #64
Well at most it seems like you would have two buckets... The atmosphere and the living biosphere.  And this could be simplified to one bucket representing the living biosphere with the chlorine dripper representing the atmosphere.
You can't do that with the large variance in bucket sizes compared to the much smaller exchange of carbon between these buckets.

For example, the atmosphere has a turn-over of carbon every ~6 years (the flows in/out over 6 years equal the amount of carbon in the atmosphere).  however, in the other extreme, the deep ocean is a bucket 50 times the size of the atmosphere but the carbon exchange is about the same, so it's turn-over is every 400 years.

So you can't really lump all this together when you're trying to argue about equilibrium values found in different medium.

1) The evidence that we have overwhelmingly favors a Global Flood 5000 years ago or so ... and there must have been a huge amount of living biomass pre-Flood judging by what is now buried
None of which has been produced.

2) Living biomass breathing carbon 14 in can be modeled like water in a bucket with bleach dripping into it
No as Mike explained.

3) Sequestered biomass can be modeled like the water poured out of the bucket which no longer receives the bleach drip

Maybe. SFW?
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Zombies!
  • Honorary Manipulative Bitch
Reply #65

You should really post this, you have been teasing this info for a decade, and never delivered.
SFW?  You can be modeled by a dim creo chatbot.  Ten years, and all you have is  working the math backward by assuming something you have no proof of?
See above.

My own theory is that he kens fine he jist disnae wantae.

Reply #66
And then there's Lake Rotorua, and Motutapu Island, and...
Torpenhow Hill. Although Wikipedia says it just means Top of the Hill Hill Hill.
Why do I bother?

Reply #67
What do you mean "we", fuckface?
Wow.  Do I detect a little bit of anger in there?

Reply #68

1) The evidence that we have overwhelmingly favors a Global Flood 5000 years ago or so

No, it doesn't. The evidence you may have might do that, but you're working from a position of abject ignorance.

.. and there must have been a huge amount of living biomass pre-Flood judging by what is now buried

Pahu seems to be unable to answer the question I keep putting to him. Perhaps you'll fare better. The Cocinino is a desert deposit. It overlies marine deposits. It underlies other marine deposits. How can this be deposited by a single flood?

If it was not which marine deposits were created by the flood? And how did the bits that were not formed by the flood come to be there?
Why do I bother?

Reply #69
The "aeolian origin" hypothesis is probably going to fail upon close inspection  ...

http://digitalcommons.cedarville.edu/science_and_mathematics_publications/307/

• Zombies!
  • Honorary Manipulative Bitch
Reply #70
My risky hypothesis:
I would like to bet 100$ that Dave will ignore the science, and run from this thread in a blaze of cowardice.
My own theory is that he kens fine he jist disnae wantae.

Reply #71
The "aeolian origin" hypothesis is probably going to fail upon close inspection  ...

I'll believe it when people who don't have a vested interest in it not being a desert publish something.
Also, remind me how marine sand waves can allow vertebrates and spiders to be moving around? Especially after all the crap that got deposited underneath?
Why do I bother?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #72
Right.  ::)  And the only reason we don't see any of this "overwhelming" evidence is that there's a massive, 200 year, trans-global conspiracy among scientists to suppress it.
It's a crap analogy.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #73

The evidence that the Coconino sandstone IS of aeolian origin is, yes ...  overwhelming.

When has any scientific theory or hypothesis "fallen" as a result of "research" from any of these "Christian" "universities" ?

You are one gullible tool, Hawkins.

Reply #74
 It's been happening for decades lol