Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We accept Gelato guy's apology

Topic: Death by Specialization (Read 2148 times) previous topic - next topic

• Faid
Re: Death by Specialization
Reply #425
And all scientists should be female, apparently.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #426
See what I mean?  All of us fall victim to "not thinking" enough don't we?

You fall victim to it orders of magnitude more than the average person.  In fact your thinking is broken in a very deep way but it's broken to an extent that you do not realise it.  Like a lobotomised fool.
Sure about that?
I am.
We seem to be getting a consensus on this point itt. :parrot:
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #427
"outdated views"

Lol
True story:
My MIL was a pediatrician. (Went to medical school during WWII, when many of the rightful male owners of those med school spots were overseas). When my wife was in grade school, and the teacher asked what her parents did, she told them her mom was a doctor. The teacher patiently explained that, no, she was a nurse; young Mrs. VoxRat just had it wrong.

So, yeah. Outdated.
And, no.  Not " lol ".
My grandmother was a literature professor. My mom's teacher did a similar when my mom told the female teacher. The teacher, upon hearing the full story said, "oh, a literature professor.  As if the qualifier made it acceptable. 

I wonder what these twits would say upon meeting Marie Curie, Ada Lovelace, Dian Fossey, Hypatia, Hedy Lamarr or any of the hundreds of other women scientists.
Oh, a girl professor."
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #428
In science, accuracy and precision and attention to detail are extremely important. Someday I hope all of you will suck less at science.
If you really believed that, then you'd be suggesting all science should be done by women, and men left to day dream with their "big picture" mindset.
An excellent point. Dave, the great scientist, has just admitted that he is designed by God to be a failure at science.
Truth is out of style

• Zombies!
  • Honorary Manipulative Bitch
Reply #429
In science, accuracy and precision and attention to detail are extremely important. Someday I hope all of you will suck less at science.
Some day you will stop running from science. 
Weird how fast Pingu cornered you with Varves.
My own theory is that he kens fine he jist disnae wantae.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #430
Never.
Truth is out of style

• Zombies!
  • Honorary Manipulative Bitch
Reply #431
Never.
The cowardice of our little misogynist is breathtaking. 
Thank goodness there's brave strong scientists like Pingu, who can see and understand the big picture.
My own theory is that he kens fine he jist disnae wantae.