Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: it's heartwarming that two guys with embarrassing excrement stories can back each other up like this

Topic: Death by Specialization (Read 2150 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Death by Specialization
Reply #50
Incidentally, did I miss something to do with prostitutes? They seem to keep coming up?

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #51
Just don't ask about temple prostitutes. They are bad.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #52
I completely disagree with your analysis ... and the fundamental reason I disagree is because you have bought the modern lie that "modern high tech has reduced food shortages and diseases" ... it hasn't.
Yeah. Actually, it has.
Yeah if your definition of "food" includes "Wheaties" produced by Big Ag.

Sorry, but I have a different definition of "food."
and if your definition of 'disease' includes smallpox, polio, cholera, plague, tetanus, appendicitis, ...
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #53
Just don't ask about temple prostitutes. They are bad.
Street variety prostitutes are OK, as long as they don;t belong to union of some sorts and their pimp (hopefully if they're new enough to the scene they don't have one) are not big black buggers who'll beat you to a pulp and take all your credit cards and cash. Worst of all is if they are working for the local Law Enforcement, then you're fucked. Arrested for sex with an underaged minor, resisting arrest, public nudity, the list goes on.
Are we there yet?

Reply #54
So you guys really think "Wheaties" = "food"?

Well to give you and the cereal companies some credit, it does more closely resemble "real food" than dry cereal did in Weston Price's day  since they've tried to add some of the good stuff back in that they took out.  It was really thoughtful of them to add some of the stuff back in once they started seeing people's teeth fall out  and their faces become disfigured and start dying early of all kinds of diseases.

Still, it's  nowhere close to being the good type of food eaten by many of the indigenous groups that Weston Price visited.
  • Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:52:36 AM by Dave Hawkins

Reply #55
I've seen a few prostitutes in my day. How about you? (I got excommunicated by a Baptist pastor for having the audacity to say that seeing a prostitute was not as serious an offense as say, murder ... that pastor's church folded 6 months later and within 2 years his wife kicked him out of his house ... hmm)
  • Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:00:42 AM by Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #56
food  (foÍžod)
n.
1. Material, especially carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, that an organism uses for energy, growth, and maintaining the processes of life. Plants, algae, and some bacteria make their own food through photosynthesis, while animals and most other organisms obtain food by consuming other organisms or organic matter.
2. A specified kind of nourishment: breakfast food; plant food.
3. Nourishment eaten in solid form: food and drink.
4. Something that nourishes or sustains in a way suggestive of physical nourishment: food for thought.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #57
I've seen a few prostitutes in my day. How about you?

Profoundly proud to say, I never had to.
A walk through the ocean of most mens souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Reply #58
Ya the prostitute thing was an interesting side discussion

Reply #59

Undoubtedly because you are such an awesome dude.

Reply #60
Food:

Anything you can cram down your pie-hole that will keep you alive.

Now, quality is a completely different matter.

Humans are the mammalian version of a cockroach, we can survive on nearly anything.

Reply #61

Undoubtedly because you are such an awesome dude.

Not awesome, just not pathetic.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #62
(Just ftr:
I have also never "seen" a prostitute.

Nothing to do with being "awesome", btw.)
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #63
"never had to"

Interesting word choice there that could spawn an entire psychology discussion ...

Nah ...

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #64
Speaking for myself - I never wanted to.

Reply #65
I've seen a few prostitutes in my day. How about you? (I got excommunicated by a Baptist pastor for having the audacity to say that seeing a prostitute was not as serious an offense as say, murder ... that pastor's church folded 6 months later and within 2 years his wife kicked him out of his house ... hmm)
Divine intervention?

Reply #66

How many of them did you say you had buried around tarptown?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #67
Vast numbers of men have never seen prostitutes, for lots of good reasons.

Reply #68
I'm sure if I was a cowboy, gold miner, fur trapper, lumberjack, etc. in the 1800s and had spent months away from civilization it would look different but it's never occurred to me that the services of a prostitute is something that should be on my bucket list. But one reason I've never wanted to is actually because I'm awesome so I guess it's one of those I can't put myself in those shoes so I don't have the right to judge.

• Faid
Reply #69
Especially the "temple" part.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #70
+1
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #71
Word definitions.  In this case the word "prostitute" needs to be carefully defined. I would argue that many wives / concubines through history have been little better than prostitutes.  And I have known a fair number of divorced men who made the statement that their wife was a very expensive prostitute  and they are glad to be done with that expense.

I myself saw a few prostitutes a few years ago, more to check out the novelty of it than anything else  and I can safely report that sex within a monogamous loving relationship is far better ...  if one can find such a thing.  Many cannot, apparently.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #72
I'm sure if I was a cowboy, gold miner, fur trapper, lumberjack, etc. in the 1800s and had spent months away from civilization it would look different but it's never occurred to me that the services of a prostitute is something that should be on my bucket list. But one reason I've never wanted to is actually because I'm awesome so I guess it's one of those I can't put myself in those shoes so I don't have the right to judge.
That's what the prostitute kept whispering in your ear as little Little Testy curled up and went to sleep. It was so cute. Thankfully we got it all on video.

Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #73
Word definitions.  In this case the word "prostitute" needs to be carefully defined. I would argue that many wives / concubines through history have been little better than prostitutes.  And I have known a fair number of divorced men who made the statement that their wife was a very expensive prostitute  and they are glad to be done with that expense.

I myself saw a few prostitutes a few years ago, more to check out the novelty of it than anything else  and I can safely report that sex within a monogamous loving relationship is far better ...  if one can find such a thing.  Many cannot, apparently. 

Yay! Another new davinition from the original source of such. How can we be so lucky? I wonder how the divorce judge would feel about Bluffy if this attitude had been presented. Maybe Bluffy wouldn't have been left with that bit of land. Perhaps then, we'd be hearing about how the world's people could actually be surviving a whole lot better by utilizing trash bins as shelter. 
Are we there yet?

Reply #74

Keep digging Dave. :smug: