Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: we stand with daap-umop-bup

Topic: Well, what should we do about it now? (Read 141 times) previous topic - next topic

Well, what should we do about it now?
Woman Witnessed Teen Tossing Firecrackers Into Gorge: "There Was a Whole Group of Kids Who Found It Funny To Do This"
"Just as I was passing them I said 'Do you realize you just started a forest fire?' and the kid said, 'Well, what are we supposed to do about it now?'"

Re: Well, what should we do about it now?
Reply #1
That is basically the view from the town's on the east side of Portland. Ash has been falling like snow for two days and the air is so thick with smoke it's like breathing above a camp fire.

Mandatory evacuation orders are being given for basically everything east of the city.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #2
view of downtown today. Not a cloud in the sky and 90 something degrees.

Reply #3
Fill their pants with lit M-80s then when they cry out just go  :dunno:

Dumbasses...
  • Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:36:29 AM by lurkergurl

Reply #4
People are really mad at that kid. His own conscience is punishment enough I'd think.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #5
I remember some huge fire in AZ about 15 years ago, and they determined the guy that set it was some part time firefighter who did it so he could get some work.

Reply #6
on Monday, when a friend posted on Facebook that he was "doing fine," another asked, "Sorry, but which disaster are you in?"
https://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/oregons-eagle-creek-fire-and-the-new-reality-of-life-in-the-smoke-filled-american-west/

Reply #7
I remember some huge fire in AZ about 15 years ago, and they determined the guy that set it was some part time firefighter who did it so he could get some work.

John Leonard Orr was an arson investigator in Glendale, California, and also a serial arsonist, and novelist, until he was convicted of arson. He is believed to have set up to 2,000 fires between 1984 and 1991. His novel "Point of Origin" is a story of a fireman who is also a serial arsonist.

• MSG
Reply #8
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-27/black-saturday-arsonist-sentenced-to-28holdholdhold29/3976564

A former Victorian Country Fire Authority (CFA) volunteer has been sentenced to 17 years and nine months in jail for killing 10 people by deliberately lighting a bushfire on Black Saturday.

Brendan Sokaluk, 42, was found guilty of 10 counts of arson causing death in the Victorian Supreme Court for deliberately lighting the Churchill fire on February 7, 2009.
braying among the ruins