Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TR is a forum where feminized men gang up on real men.

Topic: Annual Blue Hill Observatory Climate Data (Read 338 times) previous topic - next topic

• F X
  • The one and only
Annual Blue Hill Observatory Climate Data
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Re: Annual Blue Hill Observatory Climate Data
Reply #1
Pity reply
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2
This topic is going to be huge.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• MikeS
Reply #3
I'm investigating the "Date of first ripe blueberrys" graph in depth.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #4
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #5
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #6
Wind Speed Decrease

The annual mean wind speed has been dropping steadily since around 1980, and BHO staff are investigating the possible causes with our extensive data sets.  We are also working in collaboration with a scientist from Spain, Cesar Azorin-Molina, who specializes in this topic in Western Europe where decreasing wind speeds are also being observed. Among the potential causes of the wind speed drop being investigated are the regional regrowth of vegetation, which can slow surface wind speeds, or shifts in the storm track, which may be caused by changes in the general circulation in response to climate change.

Bright Sunshine Trends

A Campbell-Stokes sunshine recorder has been in use to measure bright sunshine duration at BHO since 1886, and this represents the longest such record of sunshine in North America. Trends in recent decades are believed to be related to global dimming (in the 1970s and 1980s) and subsequent global brightening (since 1990) due to the increase and the later reduction of atmospheric aerosols over these decades. Work is in progress to distinguish the combined effects of clouds and aerosols on the sunshine record.  We are investigating this topic in collaboration with other researchers in Spain.  In addition, recently tabulated daily sunshine data have been studied to assess the presence of climate change signals, and a journal article based on this work was recently published in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.

http://bluehill.org/observatory/2014/06/current-blue-hill-observatory-research-projects/
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #7
That will be the bird and bat choppers beloved of mentally ill pseudoscientists sucking energy out of the wind  :sadyes:

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #8
That's not even an idea being floated around while trying to explain the worldwide slow down of wind.  (it's far too small amount of energy to influence large scale systems)
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #9
I know.  It was my poor parody of the sans evidence assertions that tiny changes in trace compound atmospheric molecular composition are driving this planet into a Venusian-like climate. 

Will look at the data later.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #10
You two should take up anti-vax campaigning. It'd be right up your alley. Perhaps creationism too, while you're at it.
Truth is out of style

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #11
I know.
I figured you did.  My comment was for the lurkers.

(that statement is also not actually true)
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #12
I know.  It was my poor parody of the sans evidence assertions that tiny changes in trace compound atmospheric molecular composition are driving this planet into a Venusian-like climate. 
The argument from feelings perfectly exemplified here. Basically Cephus0 is saying "I don't FEEL that a "tiny" change in "trace" compund atmospheric composition is driving climate change".  It has all the right components for an argument from the feelsies. It arbitrarily calls the cause a "tiny" change, highlights that it is a change in a "trace" gas, and contrasts it with something that sounds huge, The climate of THE ENTIRE PLANET is being driven into a "Venusian-like" state.

Potholer54:
Science vs. the Feelies
  • Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:55:00 AM by Rumraket
"At least you can fucking die and leave North Korea." - Christopher Hitchens

Reply #13

Reply #14
You two should take up anti-vax campaigning. It'd be right up your alley. Perhaps creationism too, while you're at it.

Why would we do that?  There isn't any evidence in support of an anti-vax stance or young earth creationism that I'm aware of.  Have you any idea how hysterical you appear when you make these bulging-eyed assertions?

Reply #15
The argument from feelings perfectly exemplified here. Basically Cephus0 is saying "I don't FEEL that a "tiny" change in "trace" compund atmospheric composition is driving climate change".  It has all the right components for an argument from the feelsies. It arbitrarily calls the cause a "tiny" change, highlights that it is a change in a "trace" gas, and contrasts it with something that sounds huge, The climate of THE ENTIRE PLANET is being driven into a "Venusian-like" state.

Potholer54:
Science vs. the Feelies

The only "feelings" I have on this issue are sympathy for you and the rest of your cult suffering with your extreme unsupported belief syndrome.  Otherwise I'm just waiting for someone to provide a single shred of evidence demonstrating that carbon dioxide is causing net runaway heating of the atmosphere.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #16
The only "feelings" I have on this issue are sympathy for you and the rest of your cult suffering with your extreme unsupported belief syndrome.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Population_Bomb
― Mark Twain 🔭

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #17

Why would we do that?  There isn't any evidence in support of an anti-vax stance or young earth creationism that I'm aware of.  Have you any idea how hysterical you appear when you make these bulging-eyed assertions?
Totally. You should see how much my eyes are bulging. Monckton and goldfish got nothing on me, mate. It is difficult to post while running hysterically around the room screaming, but I'm pretty good at multitasking.
Truth is out of style

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #18
No, you are not.
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #19

Potholer54:
Science vs. the Feelies

The only "feelings" I have on this issue are sympathy for you and the rest of your cult suffering with your extreme unsupported belief syndrome.  Otherwise I'm just waiting for someone to provide a single shred of evidence demonstrating that carbon dioxide is causing net runaway heating of the atmosphere.
Yes yes bla bla nobody has succeeded in convincing you. As if that is even possible for a sycophant conspiracy nutter like you, who is prone to the quintessential conspiracy nutter retort, and what all conspiracy-nutter MO's always ultimately reduce to: If the evidence is against me, that evidence must be fake.

That's the real measure of truth around here right? Whether you feel personally convinced. A person who's entire position revolves around erecting a conspiracy theory to reject any contrary evidence.

97% of the worlds publishing climatologists agree there is anthropogenic climage change! Who cares? Think of that. An entire scientific field with virtually every qualified expert on the planet agreeing. But nooo we better worrry about the opinions of conservative bloggers and.. random internet nobody number 2 billion, Cephus0. That's going to be what settles it.

Don't you have another blog-post by some unqualified conservative sycophant you need to cultishly parrot around, or some <3% of climatologist oil-money bought lunatic-fringe crackpot's cock you "need" go drain?

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #20
If the evidence is against me, that evidence must be fake.
That is just one of the idiotic things I have come across in regards to the denial of climate change.  There are many others.

― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #21
If the evidence is against me, that evidence must be fake.
That is just one of the idiotic things I have come acrossbeen guilty of in regards to the denial of climate change.  There are many others.

FIFY

Reply #22

Potholer54:
Science vs. the Feelies

Yes yes bla bla nobody has succeeded in convincing you. As if that is even possible for a sycophant conspiracy nutter like you, who is prone to the quintessential conspiracy nutter retort, and what all conspiracy-nutter MO's always ultimately reduce to: If the evidence is against me, that evidence must be fake.

That's the real measure of truth around here right? Whether you feel personally convinced. A person who's entire position revolves around erecting a conspiracy theory to reject any contrary evidence.

97% of the worlds publishing climatologists agree there is anthropogenic climage change! Who cares? Think of that. An entire scientific field with virtually every qualified expert on the planet agreeing. But nooo we better worrry about the opinions of conservative bloggers and.. random internet nobody number 2 billion, Cephus0. That's going to be what settles it.

Don't you have another blog-post by some unqualified conservative sycophant you need to cultishly parrot around, or some <3% of climatologist oil-money bought lunatic-fringe crackpot's cock you "need" go drain?

Medic!  Always weird and delusional but now full-on frothing hydrophobic.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #23
Well that didn't take long.
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #24
The Blue Hill data is one of those rare stations that isn't that adjusted (by NOAA or NASA), because they have been careful and scientific and even more importantly, the data shows long term annual warming, with out the need to adjust the past.

It's also awesome because they actually have records from 1831 to present.  It's the longest weather record for the US (and all of North America). 

I know, I know, almost nobody actually cares.  You might think such high quality data would be important, especially when it matches high quality data from other long and carefully gathered weather/climate data.

The thing is, both sides will simply reject what they "know" isn't valid, if it threatens their belief.
― Mark Twain 🔭