Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• The Talk Rational forum. It seems like a bunch of dudebros who want to talk about how smart they are, and how ugly women are.

Topic: Hey Dave. Here's a single topic (no curves), to test Brown's proposal (Read 899 times) previous topic - next topic

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Re: Hey Dave. Here's a single topic (no curves), to test Brown's proposal
Reply #50
Who owns the AMS lab? A young earth creationist? Or an old earther?

Why would it matter? Describe how a YEC lab would treat samples differently to a normal lab?

And to focus back on the topic, let's assume the labs use the same technique that they do for sub 3000 year ages, which you've stated you're happy with.

What do you think the C14 age for the core is likely to be at 5m depth?
~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp
5000 years because the lab is owned by Old Earthers so "anomalous" dates are discarded.

Dave, do you understand that what you are saying here is that you will automatically disregard any evidence that contradicts your beliefs? And in the same breath, you are baselessly accusing the people who discover that evidence of doing what you are actually doing?
Bluffy figures if he'd do it, so would everyone else. He is, after all, the example by which all else is measured.
Are we there yet?

Reply #51

Why would it matter? Describe how a YEC lab would treat samples differently to a normal lab?

And to focus back on the topic, let's assume the labs use the same technique that they do for sub 3000 year ages, which you've stated you're happy with.

~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp
5000 years because the lab is owned by Old Earthers so "anomalous" dates are discarded.

Is there any test for yours/Brown's c14 curve, that you would accept if it showed yours/Brown's c14 curves to be wrong?
Yes/No

If yes, describe that test.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• JonF
Reply #52

~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp
Lie.  They couldn't just discard anomalous dates, they'd have to fake them.  With modern computer-driven equipment that's near impossible, and it's definitely impossible to make a sample produce a predetermined date.

There is no world wide conspiracy of all the hundreds of thousands of people involved in dating over the last hundred years or so, so secretive that they make the Illuminati look like blabbermouths.

Not a Snowden in the bunch.

Duh.

I've even told you how to test your claim, many times. Remember?  Did you ever test it?
  • Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:12:47 AM by JonF
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #53
Now let me ask you something ... that lake discussed earlier supposedly has 12 million "varves" in it.  What would you expect for the carbon 14 date for Varve #50,000?
None of us know because we don't know if the varves are still forming.  It may be known, we don't know it.

Duh

Moran.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #54

~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp

Is there any test for yours/Brown's c14 curve, that you would accept if it showed yours/Brown's c14 curves to be wrong?
Yes/No

If yes, describe that test.
Rhetorical question, right?
I mean, short of the discovery of a logbook excavated under Ararat, with handwriting confirmed (by Board Certified Creationists) to be that of Noah, recording a few centuries of 280 ppm atmospheric CO2 with modern 14C/12C ratios...
What would Hawkins conceivably NOT simply reject as the work of anti-YEC scientists' cooking the books?  :dunno:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #55
Pardon me, but what is a "moran"?

• JonF
Reply #56
Pardon me, but what is a "moran"?
You.  It's a widespread Internet meme, originating in 2010 in the Tea Party protests. You could have found out in less time than it took to compose your message.

It means "A meta-moron who accuses others of his failings".

So, do you really think all dates less (oops) greater than 5,000-ish years are faked?  If so, you're a moran.

• Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:53:15 AM by JonF

Reply #57
I agree that there is no curve. The Earth is flat.

• Pingu
Reply #58

Ah.  so you do realise there are no Old Earth assumptions in radiometric dating.

You are back to dishonest scientists.

OK.  Well, whatever rocks your boat (prevents you noticing the rocking, perhaps).
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #59

Ah.  so you do realise there are no Old Earth assumptions in radiometric dating.

You are back to dishonest scientists.

OK.  Well, whatever rocks your boat (prevents you noticing the rocking, perhaps).
Indeed.
We've gone from Large Numbers (too many to count!) of Large Elephants stampeding around the room (that standard science is studiously ignoring) to the International (and TransCentury) Cabal of Anti-Truth Activists diabolically (and with supernatural efficiency) HIDING all those "elephants".

Amazing, the contortions the committed YEC is capable of!
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #60
You know this is not true, Dave. We have gone through this, on and off, for the past decade.

Lying liars for Jesus have led you astray, Dave.

Do you know what lying liars for Jesus do, Dave? Hint: it's in the job title.

They lie, Dave. Lying liars for Jesus lie, Dave.

Don't be like them, Dave. Everyone knows they are lies. You are only fooling yourself.

As someone once said:

Quote from: Dave Hawkins
Lying in any form never works in the long run.

Truth matters.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #61

~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp

So, you're doubling down on the.tard graph?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #62

~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp

Aside from your reflexive dismissal of any result you don't like, and your reflexive accusation of your own faults in others, the worst part of this response is that you should really know by now that the answer is not 5000 years. The answer is less than 5000 years. And yet, the "Old Earthers" who got that result did not "discard" it as "anomalous." They did more tests on different independent dating methods, and confirmed it, even though it was unexpected.

They changed their models because the evidence showed that their models needed to change. That's how science works. You, on the other hand, stubbornly cling to your beliefs regardless of any evidence.

Reply #63
Now let me ask you something ... that lake discussed earlier supposedly has 12 million "varves" in it.  What would you expect for the carbon 14 date for Varve #50,000?
For your reference ... Lake Baikal was supposedly formed 25 million years ago ... here's a geologic evolution map for that period of time ... http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~rcb7/namPo25.jpg ... I can't find one that includes Russia / Siberia.  Here's a reference with a handy timeline of all the supposed geologic ages ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Earth ... So this lake was supposedly formed during the late Oligocene and started "varving" during the middle Miocene. 

Carry on!
Ahem

Reply #64
AFDave's Eighth Law: Any thread where I'm getting my ass handed to me on the original topic can be prolonged indefinitely by the introduction of tangential diversions or an abnormal focus on meaningless minutiae.

Ahem

• Pingu
Reply #65
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dave, can you tell me whether this post addresses your query?  If it does, shall we move on?  If it does not, can you tell me which part you don't understand?

Dave?

Dave?

Dave?

Ahem.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #66
For your reference ... Lake Baikal was supposedly formed 25 million years ago ... here's a geologic evolution map for that period of time ... http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~rcb7/namPo25.jpg ... I can't find one that includes Russia / Siberia.  Here's a reference with a handy timeline of all the supposed geologic ages ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Earth ... So this lake was supposedly formed during the late Oligocene and started "varving" during the middle Miocene. 

Carry on!
Ahem

Was there some significance to the above quote?
Are we there yet?

• JonF
Reply #67

Carry on!
Ahem
Do you have a point?

Or are you just blasting squid ink?

Reply #68

Carry on!
Ahem

Run away pathetic man-boy, run away.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #69
Ahem
Quote from: Dave Hawkins
Why do you waste the bandwidth to basically say "nuh uh"? Why don't you just use this post to explain yourself?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #70
Yes I have a point. I'm trying to get my arms around all these lakes and all these "varves."   One lake was formed 25 million years ago but didn't start forming varves until 13 million years after it first formed.   Another lake supposedly has 100,000 varves in it but it's not producing varves anymore.  And then there's Lake K that supposedly has 9000 varves in it.

Oh my head!

Tylenol!

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #71
Yeah, that's really headache inducing alright.
Some conditions are conducive to varving, some are not.
Really... it's pretty much beyond the ability of humans to comprehend.

• JonF
Reply #72
Yes I have a point. I'm trying to get my arms around all these lakes and all these "varves."   One lake was formed 25 million years ago but didn't start forming varves until 13 million years after it first formed.   Another lake supposedly has 100,000 varves in it but it's not producing varves anymore.  And then there's Lake K that supposedly has 9000 varves in it.

Oh my head!

Tylenol!
No "Supposedly" about it.  Facts.

There's another thread where that is on-topic. Here it's not.

This thread is about radiocarbon dating, specifically Martin's exposition.

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #73

Oh my head!

Tylenol!

Once there was a couple who spoke to a real talking snake in a garden, and this other guy lived to almost 1000 years old, and this other guy made striped sheep by making his sheep looked at striped fences while they fucked. 

Oh my head!

Advil!

Dave, your puerile willful misunderstandings aside, your objection is akin to a child commenting about how things aren't always the same everywhere.  FFS.

The temperature right now in Calgary is 18°C.   In Kansas City it is 20°C.   In Miami it is 29°C.  Make up your mind science!  Oh my head.

Bunglecunt.
  • Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:47:15 AM by Photon

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #74

Oh my head!

Tylenol!

What's so difficult about various lakes having been created at various different times in various different locations with various different environments and vary in how many varves they contain as well as when they started varving and when they stopped, if they have?

Do you also have a hard time with the people in your life? I assume they were born at various different dates, in various different locations, are of various different appearances and have various different interests and activities?

How about vehicles? There's sports cars, coupes, sedans, wagons, vans, trucks, etc. And Fords, Chevys, Chryslers, Volvos, Mercedes, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Fiat, Lamborghini, Lancia, Peugeot, etc, etc, etc and all of those have numerous models. Does that give you a headache as well?

Do you really need to be so dramatic?
Are we there yet?