Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• She did look at it and confirmed that I basically fucked everything to the point of no return.

Topic: Hey Dave. Here's a single topic (no curves), to test Brown's proposal (Read 900 times) previous topic - next topic

• Pingu
Re: Hey Dave. Here's a single topic (no curves), to test Brown's proposal
Reply #75
Yes I have a point. I'm trying to get my arms around all these lakes and all these "varves."  One lake was formed 25 million years ago but didn't start forming varves until 13 million years after it first formed.  Another lake supposedly has 100,000 varves in it but it's not producing varves anymore.  And then there's Lake K that supposedly has 9000 varves in it.

Oh my head!

Tylenol!

Well, if you responded to my post, you might find it easier to cope with.  It's quite simple.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #76
Do you really need to be so dramatic?
It's his shtick.
I wonder if it plays any better with the gullible rubes than it does here.  :dunno:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #77
Who owns the AMS lab? A young earth creationist? Or an old earther?

Why would it matter? Describe how a YEC lab would treat samples differently to a normal lab?

And to focus back on the topic, let's assume the labs use the same technique that they do for sub 3000 year ages, which you've stated you're happy with.

What do you think the C14 age for the core is likely to be at 5m depth?
~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp
5000 years because the lab is owned by Old Earthers so "anomalous" dates are discarded.

Is there any test for yours/Brown's c14 curve, that you would accept if it showed yours/Brown's c14 curves to be wrong?
Yes/No

If yes, describe that test.

Dave?
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #78
How about vehicles? There's sports cars, coupes, sedans, wagons, vans, trucks, etc. And Fords, Chevys, Chryslers, Volvos, Mercedes, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Fiat, Lamborghini, Lancia, Peugeot, etc, etc, etc and all of those have numerous models. Does that give you a headache as well?
It certainly seemed to when asked to put them in a nested hierarchy.
Why do I bother?

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #79
Yes I have a point. I'm trying to get my arms around all these lakes and all these "varves."   One lake was formed 25 million years ago but didn't start forming varves until 13 million years after it first formed.   Another lake supposedly has 100,000 varves in it but it's not producing varves anymore.  And then there's Lake K that supposedly has 9000 varves in it.

Oh my head!

Tylenol!
O look, isn't this cute. Dave is pretending to be confused by the fact that different things in different places at different times can be different.

Look, Dave, everybody recognizes that you are following the tired YEC formula of 'fling enough poo, hopefully something sticks, and pronounce victoriously, "octohatters don't know absolutely everything about everything therefore YEC!"'

But to the reality-based community you just look like a giant retard. Try growing up and engaging with some honesty and integrity. For once.

"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #80
How about an agnostic who takes no position?
Do you know any agnostics who take no position on the Age of the Earth?  I've never met one online or anywhere else.

Well there was this guy around 2006, who started appearing on various blogs claiming to be able to be "convinced" that the Earth was old. He said he had a "hypothesis", but he could conceivably drop it if the evidence indicated otherwise. And wished to see said evidence.

His name was AFDoug or something.

But you've probably never heard of him, since you say you've absolutely no knowledge of any person like that. Oh well, he was probably just a lying hypocrite then.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #81

Why would it matter? Describe how a YEC lab would treat samples differently to a normal lab?

And to focus back on the topic, let's assume the labs use the same technique that they do for sub 3000 year ages, which you've stated you're happy with.

~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp
5000 years because the lab is owned by Old Earthers so "anomalous" dates are discarded.

Sometimes I envy the Conspiracy Theorists' mind. Sure, they are deranged, but there is a method to their madness.

All evidence against their ideas becomes evidence for a conspiracy against their ideas, and therefore evidence for their ideas.

So, in the midst of all their persecution complexes and manic delusions, they always have a soothing voice whispering to them, telling them that, no matter what, they are right. Forever and always.

Something to hold onto for when the black helicopters come.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #82
Yes I have a point. I'm trying to get my arms around all these lakes and all these "varves."   One lake was formed 25 million years ago but didn't start forming varves until 13 million years after it first formed.   Another lake supposedly has 100,000 varves in it but it's not producing varves anymore.  And then there's Lake K that supposedly has 9000 varves in it.

Oh my head!

Tylenol!
...Seriously? Your Brilliant mind is confused by that?

Wow.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #83
Amazing, isn't it? All that running around us in circles at high speed must have made him dizzy.
Truth is out of style

Reply #84

Oh my head!

Tylenol!
Therefore god? You take tard to a whole new level.

Reply #85
How about vehicles? There's sports cars, coupes, sedans, wagons, vans, trucks, etc. And Fords, Chevys, Chryslers, Volvos, Mercedes, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Fiat, Lamborghini, Lancia, Peugeot, etc, etc, etc and all of those have numerous models. Does that give you a headache as well?
It certainly seemed to when asked to put them in a nested hierarchy.
Good times. :)

Reply #86
Do you know any agnostics who take no position on the Age of the Earth?  I've never met one online or anywhere else.

Well there was this guy around 2006, who started appearing on various blogs claiming to be able to be "convinced" that the Earth was old. He said he had a "hypothesis", but he could conceivably drop it if the evidence indicated otherwise. And wished to see said evidence.

But you've probably never heard of him, since you say you've absolutely no knowledge of any person like that. Oh well, he was probably just a lying hypocrite then.

Holy fuck, it really has been over 11 years since we started trying to educate Davey-dip.  That's a lot of tard under the bridge.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #87

Holy fuck, it really has been over 11 years since we started trying to educate Davey-dip.  That's a lot of tard under the bridge.
Were you all really trying to educate Bluffy? I was just in it for the entertainment. To see how deep Bluffy could dig himself in.

However, I will admit to having learned a lot myself as well.

All Bluffy has learned is some new words and phrases, many of which he doesn't fully understand.
Are we there yet?

Reply #88

~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp

Is there any test for yours/Brown's c14 curve, that you would accept if it showed yours/Brown's c14 curves to be wrong?
Yes/No

Dave?

So, Dave, you going to bail here.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #89

~5000 years
~50000 years
~Derp

Yes/No

Dave?

So, Dave, you going to bail here.
Not telling for sure. Depends in part on how hot it gets for him elsewhere.
Are we there yet?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #90
I notice he's running around between three other threads now. Rabbits are suddenly fascinating again.
Truth is out of style

Reply #91
Tell me about the rabbits George. 
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor