Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We can't be bothered to ban you.

Topic: Harvey Weinstein (Read 1131 times) previous topic - next topic

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: Harvey Weinstein
Reply #100
Haha! Article written by man who may have touched a knee or two in his time and is now a little worried about it.

Reply #101
Is the spectator the equivalent of breitbart or something, or did borealis just nail it? :)

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #102
Is the spectator the equivalent of breitbart or something, or did borealis just nail it? :)

Let's see - some current headlines:

Netflix was wrong to fire kevin Spacey
Did the NYT fall for a great Trump Russia hoax
From chaperones to modesty wear, a sexual reformation is underway
It's not victim shaming to suggest there might be two sides to every story

It's a very old UK magazine, generally conservative in outlook, but that's Brit conservative so YMMV. I know no more about it than what is on its Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spectator#Cultural_positions

but it certainly appears to be a bit handwavy-victim blamey regarding sexual misconduct.

Reply #103
Boris Johnson used to be its editor. Its not Breitbart by any means, I've never read it, but It generally seems to be a bit Times/Telegraph in terms of how far right it is. Its not so far right as the Daily Fail/Express though,
Why do I bother?

Reply #104
lol look at this garbage take: https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/11/the-consequence-of-this-new-sexual-counter-revolution-no-sex-at-all/

newflash, my friend, women have been afraid of men for a very long time without any prompting from "feminism"

remember when the right-wing conservative take on things was that we SHOULD be trying to suppress all sex outside of marriage, not that men should be safe from consequences of being sexually aggressive and violent?

Reply #105
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

The explicit goal of the investigations, laid out in one contract with Black Cube, signed in July, was to stop the publication of the abuse allegations against Weinstein that eventually emerged in the New York Times and The New Yorker. Over the course of a year, Weinstein had the agencies "target," or collect information on, dozens of individuals, and compile psychological profiles that sometimes focussed on their personal or sexual histories. Weinstein monitored the progress of the investigations personally. He also enlisted former employees from his film enterprises to join in the effort, collecting names and placing calls that, according to some sources who received them, felt intimidating.

Well that's confirmation that apologies are now a business, and mean absolutely nothing after the reveal. And apparently in this case, that business was worth a million dollars just for claims about Weinstein and Rose McGowan.

Holy shit. What the absolute fuck.

eta:
A December, 2016, e-mail exchange between Weinstein and Dylan Howard, the chief content officer of American Media Inc., which publishes the National Enquirer, shows that Howard shared with Weinstein material obtained by one of his reporters, as part of an effort to help Weinstein disprove McGowan's allegation of rape.
I really, really, really want to see those emails.

In subsequent e-mails to Weinstein, Howard said, "I have something AMAZING . . . eventually she laid into Rose pretty hard." Weinstein replied, "This is the killer. Especially if my fingerprints r not on this." Howard then reassured Weinstein, "They are not. And the conversation . . . is RECORDED." The next day, Howard added, in another e-mail, "Audio file to follow."

After Ambra Battilana Gutierrez, an Italian model, accused Weinstein of sexually assaulting her, in 2015, she reached a settlement with Weinstein that required her to surrender all her personal devices to Kroll, so that they could be wiped of evidence of a conversation in which Weinstein admitted to groping her.
  • Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:50:49 AM by uncool

• ksen
Reply #106

Reply #107
That's awesome.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
Reply #108
He puts out a lot of good stuff.

• MikeS
Reply #109
How do YOU know he puts out?  Is there another page on that Daily Mail report that you're not telling about?

• ksen
Reply #110
Everybody knows.

Reply #111
Everybody knows.

that the dice are loaded, everybody rolls with their fingers crossed

• ksen
Reply #112
https://www.vox.com/2016/1/6/10722580/bill-clinton-juanita-broaddrick

This is what? The second piece on Bill Clinton's bimbo eruption problem over the past couple of days?