Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational - seventy fewer

Topic: Vertebrates; Misc. (Read 515 times) previous topic - next topic

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Vertebrates; Misc.

A thread for the 'brates who, while awesome, aren't quite worthy of a dedicated thread.

"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Doobie Keebler
Re: Vertebrates; Misc.
Reply #1
Peace Frog Out

"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #2

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3
Always one.

(original long horse thread one of the rare really funny things found at reddit. geraffes!)

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #4
snekpack:

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #5
cute snek!

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #6

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7

Reply #8
Guessing it was a fairly young cougar?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #9
Guessing it was a fairly young cougar?

Not necessarily. It seemed quite aware the skunk had weapons - I don't think the skunk actually sprayed, just threatened, since it was bold enough to actually pursue the cougar. They don't want to spray unless they have to because it takes time to replenish the musk reservoir. I think if the skunk had sprayed it would have been running away from the cat, and the cat would have showed obvious signs having been sprayed - rubbing its face, etc. I'd bet it had been sprayed before this encounter though.

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #10

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #11

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #12
Fish:

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #13

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #14

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #15
Ohhhh Caaanadaa!

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #16

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #17

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #18
What is it the paw of? Monkey?

• Doobie Keebler
Reply #19
Yep. I tried to searching for the source for a little context and narrow down what kind, but no such luck.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #20
Rescuing a Pilot Whale in Nova Scotia

(photos at site)

Annette Thompson, an off-duty firefighter and former commercial diver, was one of two remaining people in the water along with Ben Hawkins. By that point, they had no flotation device and were trying to return to land, but there was a new challenge.

Pilot whales are extremely social creatures. This one had bonded to its rescuers.

"We righted him several times," Thompson said. "Ben and I stayed with him as long as we could. Unfortunately, he kept following us to shore."

Hawkins managed to separate from the animal first, but the whale stayed by Thompson's side. Finally, King on his paddleboard managed to get between the animal and his rescuer.

"Eventually -- this is after three or four attempts -- I got Annette into the reef at a point where she was safe," King said. The whale then started following King on his board, so he headed to deep, open water.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/whale-rescue-rainbow-haven-beach-paddleboarder-1.4470002

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #21