Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We can't be bothered to ban you.

Topic: Millennials ruin atheism (Read 258 times) previous topic - next topic

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Millennials ruin atheism

• ksen
Re: Millennials ruin atheism
Reply #1
Millennials ruin ____________ (insert pretty much anything)

Reply #2
I didn't realize Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins are millenials.

Reply #3
or The Other Michael. Or Mattshizzle. Or Stopper.

Reply #4
Let's not forget Sam Harris.

Reply #5
why? I'd prefer to forget him.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #6
Millennials ruin ____________ (insert pretty much anything)

Since early times, it's felt good to have a universally hated common enemy to place the blame on.

Millennial scapegoating has become modern society's main source of their ego defense mechanism of displacement.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• ksen
Reply #7
Boomers are the real scapegoats. They're way worse than millennials.

Reply #8
what generation are the majority of talkrational posters? they're the literal worst.

Reply #9
Boomers are indisputably the worst.  But Millennials are the most fun to relentlessly give shit to.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #10
Tagging Ty Sixtus

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #11
what generation are the majority of talkrational posters? they're the literal worst.

I hope it's gen X! 

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #12
Tagging Ty Sixtus

Not sure why you called me out here, but I will never understand the appeal of Stefan Molynuexxniedue, he is so fucking dumb to listen to it is unbelievable.  I cannot imagine that anyone gives this guy a shred of credit for being smart.  I'm also dumbfounded that actual smart people (Douglas Murray comes to mind) decided to go on his "show."

His voice is also super fucking annoying, he's a Canadian version of Mark Levin.

ETA: The article also mentions Thunderfoot, who is also completely, irredeemably stupid and with the world's most annoying voice, more annoying than Stefan's.  I think I've said this before, but when he talks he sounds like a fat guy trying to speak while getting fucked in the nose.   Go get your sinuses irrigated you stuffy nosed annoying cunt.
  • Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:08:20 AM by tysixtus

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #13
If we ever meet in person, I will do my Mark Levin impression.

• ksen
Reply #14
Ben Shapiro is also super annoying to listen to. My oldest son has me watch some of Shapiro's videos sometimes and after about 10 seconds I want to kill either Shapiro or myself just to make it stop.

My son thinks Shapiro makes good points but I have to point out to him how Shapiro uses tactics like shifting goalposts, strawmen and all sorts of other dishonest debate tactics to sound like he just BTFO whatever idiot decided to engage Shapiro in a debate . . . looking at you Cenk.

eta: whoops I meant to say (((Ben Shapiro)))

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #15
Ben Shapiro is either fucking dumb or playing dumb. It is amazing to me that anyone considers him an intellectual.

I also love how any time anyone questions his intelligence on Twitter, someone has to go out of their way to point out that ACTUALLY do you think they let idiots into ~*Harvard Law School*~? Because Ben Shapiro went to Harvard!

The answer is, yes, sometimes, yes, they fucking do.

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #16
Ben Shapiro is also super annoying to listen to. My oldest son has me watch some of Shapiro's videos sometimes and after about 10 seconds I want to kill either Shapiro or myself just to make it stop.

My son thinks Shapiro makes good points but I have to point out to him how Shapiro uses tactics like shifting goalposts, strawmen and all sorts of other dishonest debate tactics to sound like he just BTFO whatever idiot decided to engage Shapiro in a debate . . . looking at you Cenk.

eta: whoops I meant to say (((Ben Shapiro)))

Shapiro is a good debater, which is to say he is good at debate: scoring rhetorical points.  I think he is a boring, colorless writer but I do agree with him on some things (when I don't have to read his prose).  I am pro-choice and I consider my position unshakeable (that is, I cannot imagine myself ever being pro-life), but he makes most pro-choice proponents look dumb as fuck in an actual debate or argument.  It is like magic.   But, I also think people just walk right into his rhetorical traps and if he were to maybe debate someone who is really skilled on the matter (say, yes, Sam Harris) he would probably lose, soundly.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #17
you don't have to get your sinuses irrigated.  you do it yourself with some saline rinse.  it's a little weird the first time you do it, but it really helps if you're having sinus issues.