Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• "il y a une chance que" generally calls for the subjunctive, so could someone please chance "peut" to "puissiez"? Failing that, at least change it to "pouvez" so it doesn't scream  "TalkRational: a republic of illiteracy" to the world.

Topic: Intelligent Evolution (Read 706 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Intelligent Evolution
Reply #100
I will be leaving this soon.
When the student is running the teacher will never come.

• socrates1
Reply #101
What is it like to be conscious of yourself? Can you be conscious of yourself? For example, as the one who is reading this post or as the one who is typing on the keyboard
Were you conscious of yourself reading the post before it was brought to your attention?

Reply #102
so how's your first high, Socrates? Bong, joint, or edibles?

Reply #103
What is it like to be conscious of yourself? Can you be conscious of yourself? For example, as the one who is reading this post or as the one who is typing on the keyboard
Were you conscious of yourself reading the post before it was brought to your attention?
Certainly.

Reply #104
Certainly.
Are you able to read without noticing?

Reply #105
Certainly.
Are you able to read without noticing?
How do you untangle the reading and the reader?

• socrates1
Reply #106
Time to move on.

Reply #107
You're not going to contribute anything first?

Reply #108
You're not going to contribute anything first?
Socrates sees himself as a sage teacher that guides reluctant students to Truth by asking questions.
In his mind, the reluctant students will only recognize the Truth if they deduced it themselves.

This never works.
Although, if it goes on long enough, he will tell himself there is "begrudging acceptance".

• Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:58:16 AM by Saunt Taunga

• Faid
Reply #109
It's amazing how he really didn't want to talk about intelligence at all. He dropped that the minute he thought he had the opportunity to razzle-dazzle us with centuries-old sophistries about consciousness.

When he realized that wouldn't work, he bailed.

Fascinating.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #110
It's amazing how he really didn't want to talk about intelligence at all. He dropped that the minute he thought he had the opportunity to razzle-dazzle us with centuries-old sophistries about consciousness.

When he realized that wouldn't work, he bailed.

Fascinating.
Yes. He knows Deep Truths about intelligence. As is obvious from our reactions, we are not ready to hear them.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will come."
Socrates wants to be that teacher.

If only he knew how not to come across as a muddleheaded simpleton.
  • Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 12:33:08 AM by Saunt Taunga

• Monad
Reply #111
He's a fantasist

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #112
And that folks is everything you need to know about "Intelligent Evolution"

Thank you, Light-sock-it.

/Thread
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)