Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: BWRV removed

Topic: Dave Hawkins explains the science of avian origins (Read 251 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Dave Hawkins explains the science of avian origins
In biology, the dinosaurian origins of birds is pretty much settled science.
Apparently Dave Hawkins - unburdened by even basic high school textbook knowledge of the subject, let alone reading a single research article - knows better.  Here's his chance to set science straight.
( although with Darwinists, you never know because supposedly birds are a type of dinosaur )
You're confusing "Darwinists" with "scientists".
The dinosaurian origins of birds is well established.
What evidence do you - someone who has not read a single paper on the subject - have to the contrary?
Let's discuss that elsewhere ...
:icare:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Re: Dave Hawkins explains the science of avian origins
Reply #1
I don't even understand why a YEC would have a problem with birds being dinosaurs. Perhaps dave can explain.

(He won't, of course)
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Pingu
Reply #2
I don't even understand why a YEC would have a problem with birds being dinosaurs. Perhaps dave can explain.

(He won't, of course)

Well, there were birds on the Ark, and YECs normally claim that dinosaurs were as well (without biblical evidence).

So that makes them separate kinds I guess.

Although the could neatly avoid their dinosaur problem by postulating a single Dinosaur kind, in the form of a dove, that then did the rapid evolution thing, followed by rapid extinction of the dinosaur branch.

Oh, but hang on, there was a raven too, right?

The whole thing is SO silly.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #3
Although the could neatly avoid their dinosaur problem by postulating a single Dinosaur kind, in the form of a dove, that then did the rapid evolution thing, followed by rapid extinction of the dinosaur branch.
And then they keep telling us that "evolution isn't a thing". Its completely contradictory.
Why do I bother?

Reply #4

(He won't, of course)

Well, there were birds on the Ark, and YECs normally claim that dinosaurs were as well (without biblical evidence).

So that makes them separate kinds I guess.

Oh, but hang on, there was a raven too, right?

The whole thing is SO silly.

But what about them 'stones'?
And sinews and cedar like appendages. :D
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #5

This might help.

"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Faid
Reply #6

This might help.

I honestly have no clue what that AiG guy is trying to say there.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #7
It's just a really lame joke. After sin, the dinosaurs ate the birds, so they had feathers in that sense.

• Faid
Reply #8
So wait, is the official AiG party line that dinosaurs did not have feathers? Wow.