Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TR is a forum where feminized men gang up on real men.

Topic: DNC Fundraising Shennanigans (Read 901 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: DNC Fundraising Shennanigans
Reply #25
then they're all dumb and need to get over it

I believe that this is true but also understand now that people are largely morons and, even if they're petty and stupid, you've got to cater to their petty stupidity otherwise they won't vote.

Reply #26
This is not an article.  It is an excerpt from her new book.

Sounds like this book will be better than Hillary's What Happened book.

Hillary asked the question and Donna Brazile answered it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Brazile

Brazile at first vehemently denied receiving or furnishing the Clinton campaign with any town hall questions and dismissed the Wikileaks organization as "sad ass whipper leakers [trying] to destroy [her] groove".[27] She accused TYT Politics reporter Jordan Chariton of "badgering a woman." [28] Questioned by Fox News anchor Meghan Kelly, Brazile said, "As a Christian woman, I understand persecution. I will not sit here and be persecuted because your information is totally false."[29]

*Ksen eats it up*

Reply #27

I believe that this is true but also understand now that people are largely morons and, even if they're petty and stupid, you've got to cater to their petty stupidity otherwise they won't vote.

• ksen
Reply #28
This is not an article.  It is an excerpt from her new book.

Sounds like this book will be better than Hillary's What Happened book.

Hillary asked the question and Donna Brazile answered it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Brazile

Brazile at first vehemently denied receiving or furnishing the Clinton campaign with any town hall questions and dismissed the Wikileaks organization as "sad ass whipper leakers [trying] to destroy [her] groove".[27] She accused TYT Politics reporter Jordan Chariton of "badgering a woman." [28] Questioned by Fox News anchor Meghan Kelly, Brazile said, "As a Christian woman, I understand persecution. I will not sit here and be persecuted because your information is totally false."[29]

*Ksen eats it up*

What did I eat up? I knew she was full of shit back then.

You sound pretty mad about Brazile calling Hillary out about how she abused the DNC.

Reply #29
Ksen gonna ksen.

• ksen
Reply #30
I guess. :shrug:

• linus
Reply #31
If this is an accurate summary, it looks like Warren also has turned on Clinton.

Reply #32
Warren's answer was point blank: "yes"
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #33
An extremely cynical part of me wants to say that DWS deliberately brought the DNC into debt (by keeping on consultants when they usually wouldn't be used) so Clinton could save it with this loan.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #34
I find it easier to believe that top Dems were happy to pay their buddies "consulting fees" for doing jack shit which is what the vast majority of "consultants" get paid to do.

Reply #35
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #36
There's a progressive challenger to Dianne Fienstein so it looks to me like the progressives in the party have already had enough and are starting to field primary challengers to who they see as the neoliberals in the party.
ooo, I can vote in that one

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #37
so, other than feinstein, are there any incumbent democrats with significant primary challengers?  she's the only one I'm finding.

there are still a few months before the filing deadlines:
https://ballotpedia.org/State_and_federal_candidate_filing_deadlines_for_2018

...but it is getting late for this progressive tea party rebellion to show up.  to have a realistic shot, people need to have their campaigns up and running before about new year's.
Can I tell you about the DSA?

Seriously, their membership has skyrocketed over the past year.

Reply #38

As PD said: this is brazen self-promotion. As tioH said, the fact that this is how she can self-promote is interesting, and the claim is important.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #39
Apparently the 2015 joint fundraising agreement was in the wikileaks dump, and it's considerably different from the 2016 agreement to the point where some people are saying it sounds like she was describing the latter (which was done right before the convention but after she was obviously going to be the nominee) and not the former. Also apparently Bernard signed a joint fundraising agreement in 2015 similar to the 2015 hillary one. I don't feel like reading any of the agreements myself because it is pretty goddamn boring tbh. is it bad that i kind of dgaf anymore?

Reply #40
is it bad that i kind of dgaf anymore?
Yeah, it is.

Not because it's unreasonable. It's perfectly reasonable, and probably the right response. That's the problem.

Reply #41
Amazed at how many of the 'TR elite' are still here. Thought there'd be more Trump supporters given the overall gestalt. Glad to see you've maintained the security of the bubble. Interesting. I see Pence as an even bigger threat, so 3 more years of madness seems likely.

Reply #42
I find it easier to believe that top Dems were happy to pay their buddies "consulting fees" for doing jack shit which is what the vast majority of "consultants" get paid to do.
Yeah. I need to get a consulting gig at a 'think tank'.....  :sosmug:

Reply #43
they don't feel shit on by the dnc as much as they feel shit on by trump.  if you think their focus will be something other than trump, you've got it wrong.
guap's posts itt are emblematic of why the dems will lose in 2020. they actually believe this shit.

Reply #44
progressive Tea Party

This is the dumbest thing that could happen.

I know it looks like it was a great idea for the GOP because they've won elections, but the cost at which they've won should be unacceptable. The GOP as we knew it 15-20 years ago is dead, and the Tea Party helped kill it. It is complete and utter garbage, hollowed out by lunatic ideologues, and no one who legitimately supports left-leaning policies should be hoping the same thing happens to the Democrats.

this makes sense in as much as progressive ideas and conservative ideas are really just the same in terms of quality and popularity, but that's not actually the case.

Reply #45
yeah, I think there must be an awareness that the tea party's purity politics was an example of what not to do.  for 5 years or so, they made a lot of dramatic noise, helped the party in some races but hurt them in others, and almost totally failed to achieve their policy goals. 

the tea party seems to not have prevented the GOP from getting control of most state governments and every branch of the federal government. if they are floundering on policy, it's because their policy actually sucks and sparks massive resistance despite how good their position actually is.

Reply #46

yeah this is it. i believe in strategic LEV and am frustrated by people who don't but, welp, you can't dissolve the electorate and elect a new one, sooooo

Reply #47
As PD said: this is brazen self-promotion. As tioH said, the fact that this is how she can self-promote is interesting, and the claim is important.

thanks, buddy!

wanna add on that i have a lil chuckle at the "brazile saying this is suspicious because, as a longtime clinton loyalist, she's clearly just out for revenge (and also incidentally money)" line because if this were written be some bernard brother, it'd be "this is biased and should not be taken at face value because he clearly hates clinton (and also incidentally wants to make money off a book)." what i want to know is how we discredit the motives of someone who's somehow completely neutral on the dem primary.

(5 post comboooooo)

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #48
they don't feel shit on by the dnc as much as they feel shit on by trump.  if you think their focus will be something other than trump, you've got it wrong.
guap's posts itt are emblematic of why the dems will lose in 2020. they actually believe this shit.
no.  they WILL focus on trump.

you know who else undermined the message like you're doing here?  Seth Rich and Vince Foster.  *glares menacingly*

Reply #49
the DNC is toxic and "vote for our shitty candidate or trump will win" is the kind of bargain you get from a hostage taker