Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Graeco-Roman western linear reductionist systematized fragmented disconnected parts-oriented individualized culture.

Topic: Mafia mafia Day 2 (Read 449 times) previous topic - next topic

Mafia mafia Day 2
It's been a bloody night. LD turns up with a few bullets in him. Poor kid. You knew him. He was just some gutter punk from Secondigliano. You hang out with his cousin. Shit, he didn't do anything to anyone. He was town.

On top of that, MagicZiggy's car exploded with him in it. Targeted hit. MagicZiggy was Raffaele Abbinate, head of the Abbinate family. With his death, the Abbinate family is in turmoil and won't be able to pay visits to anyone anymore. MagicZiggy was the town roleblocker.

Day 2 ends noon MST Sunday 5 November.

Alive
peppermint butler
gib
LD
nostrum
timewave
rachmarie
borealis
mikeS
valor
nesb
divagreen
ksen
magicziggy
rho

Re: Mafia mafia Day 2
Reply #1
I gave Pepbutt a one shot block ability last night

Reply #2
It's true!

• MikeS
Reply #3
What was the mayor vote?

• MikeS
Reply #4
Day 1 voting ....

peppermint butler - borealis diva borealis
gib - diva rachmarie ksen
LD(town, N1 kill) - NO VOTE
nostrum - butthead timewave valor (m-LD) borealis (m-gib) rachmarie rachmarie diva LD ksen diva
timewave - NO VOTE
rachmarie - timewave LD
borealis - magicziggy rachmarie
mikeS - (m-gib) diva
valor - (m-valor) diva
nesb - LD
divagreen(scum, D1 lynch)
ksen (m-timewave) nesb diva
magicziggy(town, N1 kill) - diva (m-gib) gib borealis (m-Pepbut) (m-gib) rachmarie rho timewave ksen
rho - NO VOTE

• MikeS
Reply #5
diva was a NO VOTE too, but she's scum; plus she thought she voted for gib

• MikeS
Reply #6
My Day 1 reads
Too many distractions in New Orleans to post much this evening.

Read through the thread and see that rachmarie flailed early.  Can't lynch a claimed town, but better see some support soon with claims and such on Day 2.

peppermint butler - neutral
gib - leaning town and also leaning mayor
LD - neutral, same game as before
nostrum - no read yet, I've flip-flopped reading through the threads but any fos seems mistaken at the moment
timewave - feeling scummy, but statistics (i.e. pulling scum two games in a row) means a neutral atm
rachmarie - Claimed Town Inventor - let's verify tomorrow
borealis - no read yet, she's slippery this one :)
mikeS - neutral, he hasn't posted much but much better action since last game
valor - pass
nesb - I'm leaning town on nesb so far
divagreen - neutral atm
ksen - no read
magicziggy - lean town, MZ is playing agressive on his reads
rho - no read yet but feels town atm

My Day 2 morning modifications

peppermint butler - leaning town, admitted receiving rachmarie inventor block
gib - (mayor) town

nostrum - town
timewave - feeling scummy
rachmarie - town, claimed first of inventor xfer to PepBut, verified by PepBut
borealis - feeling a bit scummy based on voting
mikeS - town
valor - could be an indie, not scum
nesb - a little bit scummy, but keeping a vote on a night kill is a bit of a giveaway

ksen - lean town

rho - lean town because of some questions direct to diva during Day 1, though no vote (is this typical for rho?)

• nesb
Reply #7
Scum apparently didn't target Rach. Were they banking on us having a doctor, and does that mean they might be kinda stacked?

• nesb
Reply #8
I can't tell, though, if LD or MZ was the scum kill. If either. Why would they hit LD, though?

Reply #9
Either they thought we might have one or we do, either way lets not out any more specials please.

I am going to reread Day 1 and see if I can figure out any connections with Diva

Reply #10
I think MZ is more likely to be the scumz hit than LD, LD's play makes him more likely to be either a sk or town vig shot.  He looked pretty scummy with his focus on trying to say see I am not lurking this game.

• nesb
Reply #11
Looks to me like Nos was the one whose vote flipped the lynch from Ksen to Diva. Pep started the flip, and Mike jumped on later.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #12
I meant to re-vote mz and got distracted, so that wouldn't have been helpful.

LD looked the same as in last game to me.

I'd have thought scum would leave mz as likely to be lynched.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #13
Sooo gib survived to D2. Interesting.

• MikeS
Reply #14
Day 1 was pretty thin gruel to decide who to vote.  I found what I thought were two inconsistencies (it was only one really) in diva's post.  Plus, going through her posts, there was just "words, words, words" and no real scum hunt or other actions that a town diva might include in her commentary.  A hunch that happened to be right.

Reply #15
Sooo gib survived to D2. Interesting.

yeah I lost the betting pool on that one, good thing no one joined in with me :D

Reply #16
hmm bor what do you think of the interactions between gib and diva?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #17
I will read them again, but tbh I remember it being fairly typical gib-diva interaction. But I think gib is likely town, I don't think he'd be into that kin of scum theatre.

Reply #18
So what should we do with this block that rache sent me? Should we have a consensus on who to use it on so if anything weird happens regarding its use (e.g. rache is a scum inventor) town can know?

Reply #19
I am fine with however town wants to use it, I have two more one shots to give away.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #20
I agree Diva flipping scum really has cleared gib.
Can't see him busing that hard day one.
this old world keeps spinning round.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #21
Am leaning town on Peppermint, but don't agree him having the blocking invention or admitting he has it clears him.
It would be easier as scum to just admit he has it than to try to deny rach gave it to him.
Besides why bother?
A blocker won't stop a scum kill when they know which one is blocked.

If we pick peppermints scum buddy to block, he just doesn't use it and then gets his buddy to say, 'I was blocked'.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #22
So what should we do with this block that rache sent me? Should we have a consensus on who to use it on so if anything weird happens regarding its use (e.g. rache is a scum inventor) town can know?

If you are scum, then you scum mate will know how you have used it.
1/ so if town consense is for you to block your scum buddy, it works for scum against town.
2/if you are not scum and we pick a scum player to block, they just have to say, okay, the other scum will do the kill.

So I don't think a town consenses on who is to be blocked helps in any way shape or form.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #23
I agree Diva flipping scum really has cleared gib.
Can't see him busing that hard day one.

:unsure:  he didn't push after diva that much at all, so how is he cleared given he left his vote on ksen?

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #24

I'll wait until others have offered up their suggestions before wading in here