Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Islam is the light

Topic: The Paradise Papers (Read 231 times) previous topic - next topic

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
The Paradise Papers
The group that released the Panama Papers teased a big new project the other day, and it just dropped:

https://www.icij.org/investigations/paradise-papers/

I haven't looked at anything yet, but this should be interesting.  :hmm:

Re: The Paradise Papers
Reply #1
Lol Trump's commerce secretary is linked up with Putin

Everyone in the entire administration, maybe the whole party is mobbed up with Russia

Reply #2
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #3
Haven't people been wondering how social media was keeping money, given they constantly operated at a loss?

This sounds like quite the explanation.

• ffejrxx
Reply #4
Haven't people been wondering how social media was keeping money, given they constantly operated at a loss?

*brought to you by carls jr.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #5

I thought it was old news that the russian mob owned some large stake in fb....?  I have been scratching my head as to why it hasn't come up more recently.

Reply #6

I thought it was old news that the russian mob owned some large stake in fb....?  I have been scratching my head as to why it hasn't come up more recently.
Sen. Franken asked that question, rather pointedly, at the senate hearings.

Reply #7
Some specifics coming out of the papers.

https://www.icij.org/investigations/paradise-papers/apples-secret-offshore-island-hop-revealed-by-paradise-papers-leak-icij/

Apple, meanwhile, is being pursued for $14.5 billion in Irish back taxes after European regulators ruled that Ireland had granted illegal state aid by approving Apple's tax structure.
So will Ireland get those taxes? Will the result of the correction of Ireland's "mistake" be that Ireland gets rewarded?
  • Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:55:42 PM by uncool

Reply #8
maybe it'll go toward paying off Greece's state debt

Reply #9
hahahahahaha just kidding. Macron is building a winter palace

• ksen
Reply #10
Building the "plus grand mieux versailles".

rendre la France encore plus belle!
                 :blanksay:
 :queersay:

Reply #11
Some specifics coming out of the papers.

https://www.icij.org/investigations/paradise-papers/apples-secret-offshore-island-hop-revealed-by-paradise-papers-leak-icij/

Apple, meanwhile, is being pursued for $14.5 billion in Irish back taxes after European regulators ruled that Ireland had granted illegal state aid by approving Apple's tax structure.
So will Ireland get those taxes? Will the result of the correction of Ireland's "mistake" be that Ireland gets rewarded?
A complication is that Ireland doesn't want that money. They want to reassure all the other international companies in Ireland that they will not be charged with enormous amounts of back taxes. Also they would like Apple's 6000 or so Irish jobs to stay in Ireland. There are after all hipper places than Cork for a company's global sales and logisitcs HQ, and if Cork is no longer cheaper...

They were dragging their feet in collecting because they think it will probably have to be returned, and holding on to that much money is complicated and expensive.