Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Serious Business, Serious Discussions.

Topic: Under-reported adverse vaccine reaction (Read 135 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Under-reported adverse vaccine reaction
Texas: 14-Year Old Virgin Falls Pregnant After Flu Shot
A 14-year old schoolgirl has suffered serious complications after a flu shot allegedly left the young girl terribly ill and with severe cramps, until the family doctor finally realized weeks later she had been impregnated by the vaccine, reports the Forth Worth Telegram this week.

"She had all the typical symptoms of a pregnant woman. It's not the first time a young woman falls pregnant without the consent of her parents, but the girl seemed sincere when she said she had never had sexual relations with a boy, and she urged me to check her hymen, which I eventually did, and to my utter surprise, the hymen was fully intact. It is impossible she has been impregnated by male sperm" she assures. "In my 26 years of practice, I have never heard once of such a thing as someone being impregnated by a vaccine, but I did some research and found out it is more common than most people think".
And it's not just the flu vaccine!
The United Nations estimates over 4,000 people each year fall pregnant to vaccine shots, but a 2012 World Health Organization (WHO) report concludes the benefits of mass vaccination campaigns worldwide are well worth the risk.

Hey! It's from World News Daily Report, which our resident PhD in Truth Detection regards as reliable. Not Fake News, like the mainstream media.

Snopes.com fact check, just for the record.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Re: Under-reported adverse vaccine reaction
Reply #1
Amazing. That must be what happened with my old neighbors. The wife got pregnant even though the husband had a vasectomy. They divorced over it and she moved out. If he'd have only known.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #2
On the plus side, I'm happily surprised at the skepticism of the commenters on a World News Daily Report story

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #3
On the plus side, I'm happily surprised at the skepticism of the commenters on a World News Daily Report story
Well, it is a satire site. But the disclaimer doesn't exactly jump out at you. I suspect the similarity of the name to "WND" (WorldNetDaily - a non-ironically religious-right site) causes a lot of probably intentional confusion.

There's no way to tell how many of the commenters who appear NOT to be skeptical are playing along.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #4
Well, it is a satire site. But the disclaimer doesn't exactly jump out at you. I suspect the similarity of the name to "WND" (WorldNetDaily - a non-ironically religious-right site) causes a lot of probably intentional confusion.

There's no way to tell how many of the commenters who appear NOT to be skeptical are playing along.

Oh ok. Yea I confused it with the other site

Reply #5
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #6
" World News Daily Report" has fooled even our own Dr. TruthDetector...

At the bottom of that page:

Quote from: Dave Hawkins
Sorry... I was moving fast and thought this was WorldNetDaily.
lol
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #7
" World News Daily Report" has fooled even our own Dr. TruthDetector...

I'd forgotten that thread.

Quote from: Dave Hawkins;2465006
Quote from: Pingu;2464969
Quote from: Dave Hawkins;2464689
Quote from: Pingu;2464626
Quote from: Dave Hawkins;2464623
Sorry... I was moving fast and thought this was WorldNetDaily.

What you don't understand, Dave, is that what makes it massively implausible, whatever the source, isn't that scientists are saints, but that the incentives all work in the opposite direction.

The big incentives in science are in overturning stuff.  If something like this really was kept secret by one lot of scientists (which is massively unlikely to start with, given the potential for fame), the incentive for someone else to blow the gaff is huge.

There are no prizes in science for supporting the status quo. Exactly the reverse.
I don't buy this.

I know you don't.  As I said, it's what you don't understand.

You don't understand how science is structured.  You haven't grasped that most scientific research is NOT done by people paid by commercial operations (where secrecy and intellectual property is an issue).  You've got this picture in your head of scientists as people wearing octagonal hats (wtf?) and white coats and doing the bidding of agrobusiness or pharmaceutical multinationals.

Sure, such people exist, but they aren't the people doing the science that you are so paranoid about. And even the people doing geology for oil companies have no vested interest in supporting any model that doesn't help them find oil.

Scientists are interested in being the first to find something new.  That's what their jobs depend on - the very opposite of what you think their jobs depend on.  The flaws in the peer-review system result in stuff being published as new when it is either not valid, or not new.  Those flaws don't result in stuff being published because it props up some perceived status quo.  In fact if anything there's a real problem in stuff NOT being published when it DOES support the status quo, which means it's harder than it should be to get replication studies published.

I realise you probably won't even read this post, but if you do, I'd really like your response to it, so let me summarise in bold red font:

Scientists are rewarded for finding unexpected things, not for finding expected things.
Maybe rarely.  If some corporation sees a scientist's finding as an opportunity for profit and they are decent human beings and make a deal with the scientist - as opposed to just stealing his work in spite of his patents.  Normally though, what scientists are rewarded for is for rubber stamping corporate (or government) agendas with an air of "sciency-ness."

He has no clue. 
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #8
It's especially ironic because the candidate he voted for is doing everything he can to turn U.S. science into exactly the sham Dave ignorantly derides it for already being.