Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: For Posting Experts.

Topic: Roy Moore is a pedophile (Read 2769 times) previous topic - next topic

Roy Moore is a pedophile
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_moore-art-1pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore -- now the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat -- was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

"He said, 'Oh, you don't want her to go in there and hear all that. I'll stay out here with her,' " says Corfman's mother, Nancy Wells, 71. "I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl."

Wendy Miller says she was 14 and working as a Santa's helper at the Gadsden Mall when Moore first approached her, and 16 when he asked her on dates, which her mother forbade. Debbie Wesson Gibson says she was 17 when Moore spoke to her high school civics class and asked her out on the first of several dates that did not progress beyond kissing. Gloria Thacker Deason says she was an 18-year-old cheerleader when Moore began taking her on dates that included bottles of Mateus Rosé wine. The legal drinking age in Alabama was 19.

Of the four women, the youngest at the time was Corfman, who is the only one who says she had sexual contact with Moore that went beyond kissing. She says they did not have intercourse.

Neither Corfman nor any of the other women sought out The Post. While reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore's Senate campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know about their interactions with Moore. The women say they don't know one another.

"I have prayed over this," Corfman says, explaining why she decided to tell her story now. "All I know is that I can't sit back and let this continue, let him continue without the mask being removed."

This account is based on interviews with more than 30 people who said they knew Moore between 1977 and 1982, when he served as an assistant district attorney for Etowah County in northern Alabama, where he grew up.

Re: Roy Moore is a pedophile
Reply #1
this is going to affect the votes of exactly 0 republican voters.

Reply #2
his poll numbers will actually go up

• ksen
Reply #3
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3603201/posts

yep

they don't care even if it's true

• ksen
Reply #4
I really hope one of the reporters asked if Moore offered them pizza.

Reply #5

yep

every allegation against a lib is true, every one against a conservative is false

Reply #6

yep

"Ever notice how every "October Surprise" (in this case November) comes from the left?"

Reply #7
He's not a pedo. He just has a wide stance.

Reply #8
Breitbart got out in front of the story, coming in with a strong defense of the child molester

Reply #9

yep

"Ever notice how every "October Surprise" (in this case November) comes from the left?"

Comey's bullshit letter  :hmm:

Reply #10
Let's not let facts get in the way

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #11
whole bunch of republican senators have immediately come out and said moore needs to quit the race.  mostly, they are making it conditional on "if there's any truth to this...".  however, if they doubted the allegations, I think they'd be defending moore or avoiding the topic altogether.

https://www.axios.com/republicans-response-roy-moore-allegations-2508140244.html?utm_medium=linkshare&utm_campaign=organic

• el jefe
Reply #12
now, are alabama voters going to give a shit what some senators from other states are saying?  probably not.  the reason we might care about it is that it could be a straw in the wind, either about the credibility of the allegations or the mood among elected republicans.

Reply #13
Murkowski is allegedly talking to Luther Strange about a write-in campaign (Murkowski won in Alaska on a write-in)

Reply #14
strongest statement thus far, going a step beyond just the "if true" statements from about a dozen Republicans

Reply #15
Something to keep in mind is that Moore would probably be even more hated in the Senate by everyone than Cruz is. Republicans obviously want the seat, but they don't want Moore.

• ksen
Reply #16
Judge Roy Moore is in my thoughts and prayers.

Reply #17
Roy Moore is done. Remember when these types of allegations sunk Trump's political ambitions?

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #18
Rural Alabammy. 38 years ago, there was probably no difference between 14 and 16. And incest & inbreeding was rampant in the hollers.

I'm sure if farm animals could talk, there would be a lot more allegations.

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #19
this is going to affect the votes of exactly 0 republican voters.

"At least he's not a gay!"

• el jefe
Reply #20
mccain isn't hedging

https://politicalwire.com/2017/11/09/bonus-quote-day-247/

NorthboroughDan an hour ago

Good for you John. You do know he's on the ballet regardless, right?

Ready  35 minutes ago

Please - no one wants to picture him in tights doing a grand jeté.

NorthboroughDan 31 minutes ago

LOL. Nope, not going to correct it.
  • Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:41:14 PM by el jefe

• MikeS
Reply #21
Rural Alabammy. 38 years ago, there was probably no difference between 14 and 16. And incest & inbreeding was rampant in the hollers.

Slightly different take.  If Roy Moore wasn't married at the time then pursuing ("courting") a young female for a couple years until she came of age wasn't that uncommon in the Gilded Age; since white Alabama was pretending to be Victoria England at the time.

If he WAS married, then pursuing a "sweet young thing" to be his mistress is also within the social norm of his time.

Reply #22
Murkowski is allegedly talking to Luther Strange about a write-in campaign (Murkowski won in Alaska on a write-in)

:rpsay:

• MikeS
Reply #23
mccain isn't hedging

https://politicalwire.com/2017/11/09/bonus-quote-day-247/
Considering this specific candidate, most GOP members get to actually have a moral stand that they campaign on.

• el jefe
Reply #24

Slightly different take.  If Roy Moore wasn't married at the time then pursuing ("courting") a young female for a couple years until she came of age wasn't that uncommon in the Gilded Age; since white Alabama was pretending to be Victoria England at the time.

If he WAS married, then pursuing a "sweet young thing" to be his mistress is also within the social norm of his time.

in fairness, you never know when social norms are going to change on you and perfectly innocent stuff like molesting 14 year old girls will suddenly be considered unacceptable