Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• opossum colostrum is difficult to express

Topic: The Lunatics Running Trump's Asylum (Read 138 times) previous topic - next topic

• borealis
  • Administrator
The Lunatics Running Trump's Asylum
I think we need a thread for highlighting how far outside normal this administration has gotten.

Ryan Zinke redecorates Interior:

Less than a month after the bear showed up, it was temporarily moved to allow for artwork to be hung on the wall behind it.
Mounting the heads of a trophy elk and a bison Zinke has named "Rosie" proved onerous. First, a delay in transporting them from his old congressional office left Zinke "not extremely happy," as Nassar put it. Once the heads arrived at Interior, an assistant apparently suggested putting them in a cabinet or display case, but Zinke was "not keen on that idea," according to Nassar, insisting they be mounted on the wall. Employees then tried to outfit the heads with D-rings in a final "attempt to preserve the historic woodwork," but the bison proved "too top heavy," wrote Diana Ziegler, director of the Interior Museum. The heads were ultimately installed directly into the wall.
In late March came the arrival of a stuffed bobcat, a piece from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's collection.
"To end the week on a somewhat light note, the 'bobcat has landed'.," Nassar joked the Friday the stuffed animal was delivered. "Luckily, the Secretary decided to not hang it on a wall and he said the taxidermy journey is done. Then as I was leaving, I was told a puma may be showing up so maybe the journey is only over for this week."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/interior-department-ryan-zinke-flags-stuffed-animals_us_5a0369d7e4b0937b510f5554

Buzzfeed chronicles Zinke's year - he keeps his knife collection on a table in his office:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/nidhisubbaraman/bison-and-elk-and-bears-oh-my?utm_term=.kbEw5DmmB3#.vgVx9zllE4

Re: The Lunatics Running Trump's Asylum
Reply #1
He also makes them raise a flag whenever he's in the building

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #2
He also makes them raise a flag whenever he's in the building
a ritual that is practiced for exactly two people in the world, the other being the queen of England

• el jefe
Reply #3
Ryan Zinke redecorates Interior
was the pun intended?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #4
Ryan Zinke redecorates Interior
was the pun intended?

Of course it was, capital letter out front shouldda told you.

• el jefe
Reply #5
yeah, but my odds were 30% that it was an autocorrect.  you're a foreigner, so how would you know the names of our departments?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #6
yeah, but my odds were 30% that it was an autocorrect.  you're a foreigner, so how would you know the names of our departments?

Lol!

We used to have our own, but ditched it in the 1930s for several separate ministries - Indian affairs, Resources and Development, Citizenship and Immigration, tweaked greatly since then. Current list of 31 Canadian Ministries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Canada#Current_Cabinet

• el jefe
Reply #7
big government run amuck

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #8
Now, now, we even make the PM take one on so as not to be wasteful.

Reply #9
I hope this guy gets brought down by the Whitefish scandal

Reply #10
There's even a Minister for Maple Syrup

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #11
Someone has to oversee the Strategic Maple Syrup Reserves.  :stuckup: