Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Let's nuke the thread and try to pretend this whole awful mess never happened.

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 131671 times) previous topic - next topic

Alfonso Bivouac, JonF and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
  • Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #27650
Dave, you could address the C14 data and how it falsifies YEC, instead of running away like a chicken shit numpty.
You mean a topic you can pretend to know something about? Since you don't know anything about this topic? ( and it's tough pretending because I DO know something about this topic )
Yeah, my years of physics and astrophysics education, along with decades now of teaching physics and calculus has left me woefully unprepared to discuss radiocarbon dating, and I quiver at the prospect of matching wits with one such as yourself. 

• Photon
Reply #27651
Jesus Christ, Dave, is there anything you won't apply bluster and bravado to? You're all hat, Dave.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #27652
I don't know how reasonable it is to imagine everyone raising their own cattle, but in some few decades, it might be possible for everyone to grow their own beef. Think every home having a personal cultured meat vat, fed with leftover produce. Some of that produce could come from community rooftop gardens.

Which might be a bit utopian, but great strides are being made towards perfecting cultured meat.

An additional alternative is that we develop suitable substitutes for meat as well. Some of the best 'meat' dishes I eat have no meat in them. I'll take vegetarian (soy based) hotdogs over meat hotdogs any day. Similarly tofu instead of beef in stir fry type dishes.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• Photon
Reply #27653
Dave, you could address the C14 data and how it falsifies YEC, instead of running away like a chicken shit numpty.
You mean a topic you can pretend to know something about? Since you don't know anything about this topic? ( and it's tough pretending because I DO know something about this topic )
I see your ambiguous articles, clearly a product of your high speed mind, probably meant referring to whatever this thread is supposedly about now in your mind. But this this too, has been amply demonstrated to be mostly out of your depth.  Even what you claim to "know" from first-hand experience is hopelessly Hawkinzed into yet another vanity project for your needful personality yearning for legitimacy.

Reply #27654
I'll take vegetarian (soy based) hotdogs over meat hotdogs any day.

Maybe Dave is right. Maybe Darwinism has zapped your brain.

• nesb
Reply #27655
I don't know how reasonable it is to imagine everyone raising their own cattle, but in some few decades, it might be possible for everyone to grow their own beef. Think every home having a personal cultured meat vat, fed with leftover produce. Some of that produce could come from community rooftop gardens.

Which might be a bit utopian, but great strides are being made towards perfecting cultured meat.

An additional alternative is that we develop suitable substitutes for meat as well. Some of the best 'meat' dishes I eat have no meat in them. I'll take vegetarian (soy based) hotdogs over meat hotdogs any day. Similarly tofu instead of beef in stir fry type dishes.

Yeah. My local grocery stores can't even keep the best meat alternatives in stock.

The study found that 36 percent of consumers buy plant-based 'meats' and 58 percent of adults are drinking non-dairy 'milks'. In the post, the retail giant doesn't tell companies to go entirely plant-based, but instead to identify products that could potentially be marketed that way. This request will likely have influence on food manufacturers' future product developments and marketing strategies, meaning the words 'plant-based' may become a regular sight in Walmart stores.
-http://www.cookinglight.com/healthy-living/walmart-plant-based-products

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #27656
I'll take vegetarian (soy based) hotdogs over meat hotdogs any day.

Maybe Dave is right. Maybe Darwinism has zapped your brain.

Could be. :D

They are awesome hotdogs though, especially Danish style (with remoulade and crispy fried onions).
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #27657
Most hotdogs are crappy 80% rusk things where you barely have any meat in them anyway. Proper sausages however (and by extension proper frankfurters), couldn't be more different.
Why do I bother?

Reply #27658
Fake news ... fake meat ... fake milk ... what next?

• Zombies!
  • Honorary Manipulative Bitch
Reply #27659
Fake saving agriculture?
My own theory is that he kens fine he jist disnae wantae.

• Zombies!
Reply #27660

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #27661

Fake equivocation between different things because they use the word fake?

Reply #27662
I wonder what the ecological impact of this "fake meat" is ...

"Real meat" raised correctly IMPROVES ecosystems. (And methane is not a problem)

My guess is that fake meat degrades them
  • Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:33:34 AM by Dave Hawkins

Reply #27663
lol wrong thrad

Reply #27664
Of course we could always do "fake analysis" to "prove" that fake meat improves ecosystems ...

Reply #27665
So basically what you are saying in your last couple of posts, Dave, is: "I am already pretty much convinced that artificial meat-growing is going to be detrimental to the environment despite knowing absolutely no facts about it. I also already know that any analysis of artificial meat-growing is going to be misleading, despite the fact that it has not even happened yet."

...but *everyone else* is biased.

• Zombies!
Reply #27666
Sometimes I like to pause and reflect ...

And this morning I'm pausing to reflect on how thoroughly "The Empire" has propagandized people like you, Pingu.  You bitch and moan all the time about my "evil RoboPen" ...  never pausing to reflect that you yourself are IN such a RoboPen but you don't even realize it!  Your masters have done such a good job of projecting lovely images  of forests and trees and white beaches and sunsets on the walls of your cell, that you think you are free.
Except for those of us working in a job we love, in a sustainable industry that makes a product you rely on.  I work long hours because I make a difference in a field that impacts the world, with a company that makes a bigger positive impact on the globe in three minutes than you will make in a lifetime.
I want to help save the world without asking people to shit in buckets, Dave.  It is adorable watching you screw up simple things like animal rearing and straw house building, though.
Oh? What industry? What product?
A super efficiency steel micromill.
What is it that you do Dave, and how does it saving the world?  I understand you spend hours driving yourself around, by yourself?

Reply #27667
So basically what you are saying in your last couple of posts, Dave, is: "I am already pretty much convinced that artificial meat-growing is going to be detrimental to the environment despite knowing absolutely no facts about it. I also already know that any analysis of artificial meat-growing is going to be misleading, despite the fact that it has not even happened yet."

...but *everyone else* is biased.
It's an educated guess based on past history of how greedy corporations operate

Reply #27668
So your answer to that is "yes, because conspiracy theory".

• Faid
Reply #27669
Of course we could always do "fake analysis" to "prove" that fake meat improves ecosystems ...
Or one can rely on a Fake interpretation of an old and incomplete analysis to claim that their Fake method did not degrade the ecosystem through methane emissions.

Oh wait, someone already did that.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #27670
I wonder what the ecological impact of this "fake meat" is ...

"Real meat" raised correctly IMPROVES ecosystems. (And methane is not a problem)

My guess is that fake meat degrades them
Where, of course, "fake"  =  "anything Dave Hawkins prefers not to believe"

This is why Dave Hawkins sucks at science.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #27671
Like the Trump Organization, for instance?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #27672
Like the Trump Organization, for instance?
Butbutbut Killary! The Whore of Babylon!!!111!  Tim LaHaye said it, I believe it, that settles it!!1
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #27673
"What is it that you do Dave, and how does it saving the world?  I understand you spend hours driving yourself around, by yourself?"

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that this is an honest question so I will answer it. I am impressed with your personal lifestyle and with your work which involves recycling metals. That's laudable.

As for what I'm doing, one way to look at it is that I'm doing two things... (1)  working an unsustainable town job to finance the unsustainable lifestyle of my ex-wife and kids, and the unsustainable parts of my own lifestyle which include things at present like buying boxed cereal which is the product of destructive tillage and annual monocropping  (2)  gradually transitioning myself away from the unsustainable parts of my own lifestyle in such a way that  these practices can be easily and inexpensively duplicated by others. 

Reply #27674
So your answer to that is "yes, because conspiracy theory".
well I guess you could call the practice of mega corporations and other large operators of purchasing land which is not degrading and converting it to tillage system as "conspiracy" if you like.  I personally don't think these CEOs sit around scheming about how to destroy land. I just think that they are focused on profits and they don't realize that they are destroying land.  They think that they are "feeding the world." Which they are in the short-term. But not in the long term.