Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: 1 part men's locker room, 1 part french salon

Topic: Search (Read 176 times) previous topic - next topic

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Search
Ok, somehow I had hidden the header which hides the global search box.  I finally figured that out (hide/expand button next to your name in the upper right corner).

But, no Advanced search?  I can't filter by user or forum, or date?  Search by subject or body?  Return threads or individual posts?

I don't see any options to search within a specific thread either.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Search
Reply #1
Advanced search doesn't have the same features as vbulletin advance search.

If you leave the search box empty when you click it, you get to the advanced search page.

You can't filter by forum.  You can filter by age in days, but not by a date in date format.

The default is to get posts (messages) as results but with a click you can switch to threads.

If you click "Search in topic subject only", that restricts your search to the thread you're currently reading.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #2
If you leave the search box empty when you click it, you get to the advanced search page.

Thank you.  That looks like it has enough options to be useful.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #3
If you click "Search in topic subject only", that restricts your search to the thread you're currently reading.
It appears to restrict your search to the thread you're currently reading anyway, regardless of whether you click that thing or not.

In order to get the search to work more generally (over all threads), I seem to have to get out of a thread (e.g. look at the front page) and then do the search.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #4
Interesting.  I hadn't noticed it was working that way.  Pretty sure it's not supposed to!