Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: We've got grenades to go.

Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 (Read 1605 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7
Reply #200
18 months to 2 years to wait for the end.

I wonder how GRRM feels about this last season especially?

I'm thinking it might be the prod he needs to wrap the series up himself.  I have to believe he doesn't want the HBO show to be considered the canon of his story.

Reply #201
i mean, if it's true that he didn't want coldhands to be benjen, it's not like he's a font of infallibly good ideas.

• ksen
Reply #202
No, but he's a font of better ideas. See the show since they left book territory.

Reply #203
When tyrion said it's good to see you to bron and bron said it back it was among the best lines of the series.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #204
No, but he's a font of better ideas. See the show since they left book territory.
i feel like as long as they were working with material from the book, the showrunners mostly made improvements when they made changes. (mostly.) tightened up a lot of extraneous bullshit, tied together threads that were dangling. it's like they are good at rendering more coherent an existing creative project but can't start from scratch.

Reply #205
When tyrion said it's good to see you to bron and bron said it back it was among the best lines of the series.
damn, i know we're being critical, but this is fucking savage.

• ksen
Reply #206
Gotta say though that the scene at the beginning with the Unsullied in formation and the Dothraki screaming through their formations was pretty cool.

Reply #207
yeah, there were a lot of cool scenes.

like i am glad cersei turned out to be double crossing per usual (although some aspects of the plan strain credulity) because her coming out to join the rest of the team was fucking ridiculous.

Reply #208
damn, i know we're being critical, but this is fucking savage.
Heh. The subtlety factor is admittedly high but the actors delivered the lines perfectly.  It was a great reflection tool and really well done imo.

Reply #209
Also, Jaime leaving was well done.

• ksen
Reply #210
I hope smart, effective Tyrion comes back for the last season.

Reply #211
wah wah my tv show with dragons and zombies is not realistic.

Reply #212
littlefinger went out like a chump. like i'm not saying that he didn't deserve to get got but the whole sequence of events was so tidy and rushed, especially after they laid out the magnitude of his crimes like that.

show littlefinger sucked anyway. book littlefinger was a fucking god, so on one level i was glad that show littlefinger didn't have perfect keikaku mastery, but holy shit he just made so many dumb mistakes and never saw obvious shit coming.
I'm hoping that, in the books (when and if they're finally written), Littlefinger's fall will be somewhat more spectacular. He was the master of manipulation, there had to be more manipulating in his death to mirror that. Maybe if Sansa was pretending to fall for his 'guidance', while at the same time setting him up to take the blame for something and stand accused for treason  right then and there- that would also make the lords of the north accept the sentence more easily. Arya's faces could help with that as well.

Instead, we essentially got "guess what, my brother sees things and says you're a traitor, any last words". And Littlefinger doesn't even try to defend himself or ask for proof, he just cries and whines, essentially admitting he's guilty.
I don't know, I think Lord Baelish was a well-written and performed villain, he deserved a better exit.

Nah. He was a small-bit player who thought he was a big deal. He could play people who trusted him, but that was it. He tried playing people who were on to his shit. He lost. The whole point is he didn't know himself.

Reply #213
so the whole "let's adventure north of the wall to get a wight!" idea was extremely dumb and pointless and oh, it gave the NK the only way he could get through the wall?

:awgee:

when was the last time Tyrion had a good idea?

• ksen
Reply #214
From whose point of view?

Reply #215
Not burning down King's Landing was a good idea.

Reply #216
Didn't need to burn down KL, though. Just torch the Red Keep, home of that really shitty queen who, up until the last season and a half, was a bumbling short-sighted moron who was causing lots of suffering and just recently murdered the whole church leadership and a couple of major houses to boot after being shamed in the streets. I don't think any of the commonfolk would have cared if the dragons lit her and her flunkies up and then liberated the city.

Reply #217
when you stop to think about it, a lot of the shit that's happening on this show is dumb and makes no sense.

Reply #218
turning Cersei from a bumbling idiot surrounding herself with sycophants while slowly eroding the base of her own power to some sort of master strategic planner and manipulator was one of the worst recharacterizations

• ksen
Reply #219
I will never forgive them for roasting Dickon.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #220
I will never forgive them for roasting Dickon.

No great loss, he was more than a bit of a dick.
Are we there yet?

Reply #221
when you stop to think about it, a lot of the shit that's happening on this show is dumb and makes no sense.
needs some David Lynch quotes:

Quote from: David Lynch
I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it.

I don't know why people expect art to make sense when they accept the fact that life doesn't make sense."

My cow is not pretty, but it is pretty to me.

Reply #222
oh shit, i just remembered i need to catch up on new twin peaks

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #223
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."