Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: for the love of god somebody kill this thread.

Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 (Read 1604 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7
Reply #25
We are just under a third of the way through the season.  I hope things start picking up quick because we're running out of air time.

So far the things that stand out over the first two episodes are poop, pus, piracy and Ed Sheeran.

Kind of surprisingly I've enjoyed Sam's story second only to Arya's so far.  Arya's reunion was heartwarming and wrenching at the same time.

Anything you guys have particularly liked or disliked?

My least favorite part so far is how easy it was for Euron to sink Yara's fleet.  Of course it's probably just a portion of her fleet since the rest should be bringing Unsullied and Dothraki over to Lannisport.  But still, how the fuck was he able to get right up on Yara's flagship without being spotted by a single lookout?

I was glad to see the TV sand snakes go but did Benioff and Weiss forget that the sand snakes use poison on their weapons? Euron should be dying horribly by the end of that battle with poison in his veins.

I'm afraid they've just made Euron the cool, pirate version of Ramsay: an unstoppable force of evil until the plot needs him not be unstoppable anymore.  Just seems lazy.

• ksen
Reply #26
Well that was so awful I couldn't finish reading it.
It never got any better.

Reply #27
everything about euron is boring and stupid

• ksen
Reply #28
At least Euron has two hands.

Reply #29
I couldn't even follow the link. Fuck haters. This season is awesome.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #30
I don't know what you mean by "start picking up" because the season has been pretty much non-stop plot furthering.

• Faid
Reply #32
Man, I was hoping Theon would drown. And I mean that in a good way.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #33
What I don't like about this season so far is that this insta-travel thing has gotten out of hand. IMO, you could sort-of suspend disbelief in the previous seasons, but this time everyone's zooming back-and-forth around Westeros like they're playing Skyrim.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #34
you have to assume there are weeks of time not being shown, i guess.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #35
Ya think?

Reply #36
apparently faid didn't.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #37
Except the big issue of Euron being able to catch up to and find Yara (and presumably the fleet with the Unsullied, since Yara and the Unsullied left at about the same time from the same place and were going pretty much the same route as far as Dorne and it's highly unlikely Euron would know Yara's course or even if her fleet was out there given the decisions to send her out were made at Dragonstone which one can assume there was little if any communication with Kings Landing) destroy Yara's fleet, return to King's Landing, present the Dorne women, then head back out and arrive less than a day after the Unsullied at Casterly Rock. Note also, Euron was able to sneak up on the Unsullied's fleet at anchor at Casterly Rock, despite the fact by the time Euron arrived, the Unsullied had command of Casterly Rock and because of the height, could see way out to sea.

It's like the producers are getting desperate to make sure this is really just a medieval soap opera where whatever the plot needs to happen in order to get even more twisted, happens.
Are we there yet?

Reply #38
We need a scene with Gilly's kid to verify how much time has passed. If we see a toddler, then maybe the writers are thinking about this issue.

• ksen
Reply #39
Except the big issue of Euron being able to catch up to and find Yara (and presumably the fleet with the Unsullied, since Yara and the Unsullied left at about the same time from the same place and were going pretty much the same route as far as Dorne and it's highly unlikely Euron would know Yara's course or even if her fleet was out there given the decisions to send her out were made at Dragonstone which one can assume there was little if any communication with Kings Landing) destroy Yara's fleet, return to King's Landing, present the Dorne women, then head back out and arrive less than a day after the Unsullied at Casterly Rock. Note also, Euron was able to sneak up on the Unsullied's fleet at anchor at Casterly Rock, despite the fact by the time Euron arrived, the Unsullied had command of Casterly Rock and because of the height, could see way out to sea.

It's like the producers are getting desperate to make sure this is really just a medieval soap opera where whatever the plot needs to happen in order to get even more twisted, happens.
Not to mention the fact that Euron's fleet would have had to pass Dragonstone coming and going to King's Landing. Dany could have had the dragons do a couple of fly-bys to sink a few of Euron's ships each time.

Reply #40
You all hush
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
Reply #41

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #42
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #43
It;s Arya that will succeed.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #44
Plus, Fuck everything, but Dragons are invulnerable and can not be killed. That's just a myth. An xian myth. Their scale are made of impretramolidyium. They can not, by definition, be penetratred. Plus, dragons are immortal. they can not be killed or even injured by any means. The writers and the author erred here. Likely to be consumed in the belly of a dragon.
Are we there yet?

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #45
Plus, Fuck everything, but Dragons are invulnerable and can not be killed. That's just a myth. An xian myth. Their scale are made of impretramolidyium. They can not, by definition, be penetratred. Plus, dragons are immortal. they can not be killed or even injured by any means. The writers and the author erred here. Likely to be consumed in the belly of a dragon.

Do you know the real reason why dragons survived so long?

SPOILER:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #46
Plus, Fuck everything, but Dragons are invulnerable and can not be killed.
Fake News. Sad!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJRaLnLDMWg

Reply #47

I've read the leaked season synopsis and, as usual, you are not right.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #48
I've read the leaked season synopsis

Why the fuck would you do that?

I have to get off the internet from the time the episode is playing on the east coast until it's done on the west coast because people insist on liveblogging while watching it.

Reply #49
Because I'm watching it for the character development, not for the "omg revealssss"

I do that with basically all longform TV series. I tend to enjoy it more that way.