Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Athletic Choreographed Fantasy Display

Topic: Getting in touch with members (Read 1105 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Getting in touch with members
Reply #25
I sent out approx 500 emails.  I wound up using my scaperaven gmail account because Arvixe is utterly pathetic in nearly every conceivable way. 

Anyway.

14 emails came back undeliverable so far, but hopefully the vast majority go through, or folks learn about the zombie site via other means.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #26
Thank you for all of this, raven. You are the best.

And thank you Arvixe for putting the cart thread and Testy's Gates thread to sleep. It was truly the most compassionate thing.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #27
Whoo!  It's great to see you made it!

Wander around the admin panel some.  Elkarte is very different from vbulletin.  If you've seen the admin side of phpbb some of it will look familiar.  I'm still in the mode of finding some feature, doing something to it, and then a day later needing to find the feature again and having no idea where I found it last time.  After a couple iterations it starts to stick.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #28
I might look but won't touch anything. I just wasted a good 5 minutes trying to figure out where the fuck the like button is before giving up and googling it. Apparently you need 5 posts before you get the ability to like a post. I'll probably break something, and our beautiful zombie will lose an arm or something.

Thanks once again, raven. <3

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #29
The like threshold can be set to something else.  I don't think there's any reason to have it at 5.

ETA it's at 1 now.
  • Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:12:28 PM by ravenscape

Reply #30

And thank you Arvixe for putting the cart thread and Testy's Gates thread to sleep. It was truly the most compassionate thing.
gah! :Whyyou:
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #31

gah! :Whyyou:

Sorry, Testy. But at least ranting about it all over again will be kind of fun, right?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #32
Oh good meep's here. :)

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #33
So the told TR is partially back up if you go to http://talkrational.org/index.php you can see the old forum structure and the most recent posts.  However trying to open a thread or enter any of the fora returns a SQL exception. 

Does that mean that someone is making progress, or did I just stumble on one of the few pages that still works?

eta:  You can even get to PMs so if anyone has anything important there, it's available without bugging Raven to pull it from the DB.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #34
That page doesn't work for me. Though I can see some cached data in Tapatalk, so it could be something similar, I guess.

Reply #35
So the told TR is partially back up if you go to http://talkrational.org/index.php you can see the old forum structure and the most recent posts.  However trying to open a thread or enter any of the fora returns a SQL exception. 

Does that mean that someone is making progress, or did I just stumble on one of the few pages that still works?

eta:  You can even get to PMs so if anyone has anything important there, it's available without bugging Raven to pull it from the DB.
For me the home page opened but I couldn't open any threads.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #36
Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 8 
 The most members online over 24 hours was 229, 01-24-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Big D, el jefe, Entropy, Fenrir, odd, SkepticTank, thatsneakyguy

TalkRational Statistics 
TalkRational Statistics Threads: 55,343, Posts: 2,643,360, Members: 3,012, Active Members: 166
Welcome to our newest member, Zardoz

Zardoz somehow registered on May 28th.  It looks like all the most recent posts were on the 23rd.

I can get to the memberlist and the arcade.

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #37
Raven, if I haven't told you how wonderful you are lately, let me take this opportunity to do so. You are wonderful.
Ditto  {{{Raven}}}
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #38
Can we get a crosswalk for any of the tardsticks that decide to change their names for a laugh?
I have a hard enough time keeping track of who is who when I've been looking at their names for years!
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

Reply #39
Can we get a crosswalk for any of the tardsticks that decide to change their names for a laugh?
I have a hard enough time keeping track of who is who when I've been looking at their names for years!
hay pandorka d0nt wrry abt wh0 iz wh0

u just ned 2 st0p p0sting

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #40
Pandora = Miduri
ZombieReighn = ReignCryogen

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #41
Pandora = Miduri
That's muidiri.  (iridium spelled backwards.)

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #42
Is it time to do a more complete email outreach?

I think it is.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #43
Yes.