Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational:  More chickenshit than Ratz

Topic: Keeping tabs on the alt-right (Read 12259 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
Keeping tabs on the alt-right
Thought we could use a separate thread for alt-right talk that doesn't necessarily involve Trump.

Topic 1:  Is Pewdiepie a pro-Hitler alt-righter?  The Wall Street Journal seems to think so.

Topic 2:  Is the alt-right basically what the MRA morphed into?

Topic 3:  How do we save Pepe?  This probably should have been number 1.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Re: Keeping tabs on the alt-right
Reply #1
1: fuck PewDiePie
2: MRA and Gamergate, with a sprinkle of BernieBro
3: fuck Pepe. There, I said it.
4: Alex Jones fever dreams now reality.
5: We're all going to die

Thank you, try the meatloaf

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #2

... try the meatloaf
That wasn't a suggestion
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #3
1. no idea

2. the alt right is a crowd of people who like conspiracy theories and think political correctness is the country's biggest problem.  they distrust institutional sources of information to such an absurd degree, they actually prefer stories just for being from sources they've never heard of before, or for making shocking or conspiratorial claims "you won't hear from the msm!" 

some of them are primarily closet racists or sexists, etc., and protest PC as a coded way of saying the brown people, women, and gays have forgotten their place.  others are foil hatters who take a really dramatic view of social norms as "mind control" and go around being needlessly offensive to "fight the good fight" against this "stifling oppression!"

incidentally, they think of themselves as conservative, but do not actually seem to care much about policy or philosophy. 

3. I don't know if we can save pepe, but he will never be the same

Reply #4
The only solution for pepe is:

• ksen
Reply #5
Is that the jew gene?

Reply #6
Pepe was never lost. Pepe is a cartoon character.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
Reply #7
Every generation engages in rebellious activity towards the previous generation.  Is the alt-right just this generation's way to rebel?

• el jefe
Reply #8
heh.

clearly, much/most of it is middle aged and old people, and it is a reaction to the changes in our culture that younger people have been pushing.

• el jefe
Reply #9
alt right = middle aged white guys thinking "this country is goin' straight to hayall" because of social changes.  it is not young people rebeling against an old order.

• nesb
Reply #10
If we're talking /pol/, a lot of them are kids, and a lot of them are old Nazi fucks looking to recruit. A lot of the alt-right is also just openly racist in no uncertain terms. At least, online, without even the 4chan cover of, maybe some are joking? That's how they were on r/altright, before it got shut down. Even getting pissed at people like Milo who were saying the alt-right weren't racist.

• ksen
Reply #11
Pepe is a cartoon character.

you shut your whore mouth

Reply #12
Is that the jew gene?

chytridiomycosis

Reply #13
Every generation engages in rebellious activity towards the previous generation.  Is the alt-right just this generation's way to rebel?
The alt-right people I know, a very small sample size to be sure, fall into two categories. Ex-students who got into edgelord behavior because they were reacting to sjw crap and found libertarianism a la Ayn Rand are the first group and I know of their opinions because I am friends with their parents and because one of them publishes a blog. The second group is my 56 year old neighbor who thinks he's seen aliens and listens religiously to Alex Jones.

Everyone else I know who seems to have supported Trump, including most of my in-laws, is just tribal Republicanism.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #14
If we're talking /pol/, a lot of them are kids, and a lot of them are old Nazi fucks looking to recruit. A lot of the alt-right is also just openly racist in no uncertain terms. At least, online, without even the 4chan cover of, maybe some are joking? That's how they were on r/altright, before it got shut down. Even getting pissed at people like Milo who were saying the alt-right weren't racist.

bingo. this is direct recruitment by the old guard. the lulzers are being played by older nazis. Maybe this is the rhetorical tack to take, as it might make some of these idiot edgelords second-guess their marching orders

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #15

Wow, look at this spectacular shitpost! :magical:

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'

• ksen
Reply #17
Wait, you mean you just can't say whatever shit pops into your head without any potential fallout?

The Oppression is real.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #19
Yeah, coz anyone who insults meep deserves to lose their job. Be very afraid.
Truth is out of style

• el jefe
Reply #20
this is the second time in recent memory that conservatives have rallied around a really questionable person just because they liked a few crazy things he said, and then quickly came to regret it because the guy went too far and they had to run for cover.  the other one was cliven bundy.

trump does not make this list because they have not yet come to regret supporting him, and if they ever do, it obviously won't have been "quickly".

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #21

Milo resigns from Breitbart after he was caught meeting the editorial standards at Breitbart

Also, lol:
Milo Yiannopoulos, the Breitbart Tech editor and prominent Gamergate commentator, says that perspective mostly comes from a feeling that Gawker has "abused" free speech. "[A]s a result it's being punished by readers and punished by the market," he said. Gamergate's upholding of free speech "doesn't mean you can't take pleasure in seeing them get a bloody nose. I refuse to feel sorry for taking pleasure in this because they had it coming."

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/03/how-media-reacted-to-gawkers-115-million-hit.html

• el jefe
Reply #22
actually, it's about ethics in pedophilia

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #23
So I suppose you'd know all about that...
Truth is out of style

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #24
Yolo Minneapolis (lol thanks twitter) is saying he's going to start his own media outlet.

This is what happened the last time he tried that: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/mar/01/the-kernel