Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational - guys do you really want to be a part of the socratic method with a retard acting as professor?

Topic: obamacare repeal effort thread (Read 11931 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: obamacare repeal effort thread
Reply #1075
This bill will pass and health insurance markets across the country will collapse and GOP voters will be glad as they shout "triggered on libtard?!?" while dying

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #1076

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #1077
Shocking.  If we allow people to go without coverage, or just really cheap coverage, but don't deny change in coverage for pre-existing conditions, the system won't work?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1078
No one knew health care could be so complicated!
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #1079
There will never be a perfect solution.
Time to stop fighting against single-payer healthcare.
Accept it, along with preventative healthcare expenditures.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #1080
senate bill delayed because mccain had to get surgery

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/15/mccain-out-surgery-obamacare-repeal-240595

not happy that John mccain is having medical issues, but it does have the benefit that apparently they can't even start debate on their reconciliation bill for the time being.  mcconnell said they're deferring consideration of the bill.  mccain will be out for at least a week.

every delay moves it a little closer to never

• el jefe
Reply #1081
hey wait

On the advice of his doctors, Senator McCain will be recovering in Arizona next week."
are his doctors just scheming to preserve obamacare??  you decide!

• Fenrir
Reply #1082
Too sick to think about health.

Lmfao
It's what plants crave.

• el jefe
Reply #1083
he was objecting to the medicaid cuts before this happened.  didn't sound like a no, but sounded like he needed softening on that before he would vote yes.

Reply #1085
he was objecting to the medicaid cuts before this happened.  didn't sound like a no, but sounded like he needed softening on that before he would vote yes.
McCain is always concerned but never actually does anything other than go along with the party line. Just look how cowardly he's been on Trump who attacked him directly and never apologized.

Reply #1086

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #1087
Sen. Rand Paul on Sunday said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell likely lacks the support to pass legislation that would repeal and replace Obamacare, after McConnell delayed a vote because of Sen. John McCain's absence following surgery.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/16/rand-paul-mcconnell-health-care-bill-votes-240600

• JonF
Reply #1088
Tom Price admits that the new Trumpcare is only repeal, no replace

Price responded that he found that wall of opposition "really perplexing, especially from the insurance companies, cause all they have to do is dust off how they did business before Obamacare."
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #1089
boy look at the dumb guy Tom Price

• el jefe
Reply #1090
some speculation now that mccain may be out more than a week.  nyt interviews a neurosurgeon who says the recovery time is "usually a few weeks".

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/16/health/john-mccain-blood-clot-recovery.html?referer=https://politicalwire.com/

there's also speculation that it could point to a more serious health problem that the mccain camp isn't disclosing.

Reply #1091
That would explain the loopy questioning at the intelligence hearings.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #1092
That would explain the loopy questioning at the intelligence hearings.

Yeah that was weird.  I saw an interview with him following that and he seemed coherent there.  He said something like "I guess did a poor job of making myself clear, but the point I was trying to address was..."

I don't remember the details, so I don't know if he was trying to set a trap like Cruz tried to do with Yates or what.

• el jefe
Reply #1093
oh, so THAT's how mcconnell is making the medicaid cuts bigger and smaller at the same time

this realization will be great for his whip count, I'm sure

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #1094
there's also speculation that it could point to a more serious health problem that the mccain camp isn't disclosing.

Yup, ultra left wing / liberal / fake news CNN is now speculating that "McCain's surgery more serious than thought".

http://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2017/07/17/john-mccain-surgery-explained-gupta-newday.cnn
  • Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:05:01 PM by SkepticTank

• el jefe
Reply #1095
support collapsing on the right. 

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/342447-two-more-gop-senators-defect-on-healthcare-bill

two yes badgers are nos on beginning debate.  cruz ' s backdoor gutting of guaranteed issue doesn't kill enough poors for them.

they were already short of 50 with mccain's absence.  now they are well short of 50.

Reply #1097

Reply #1098
"OK, fine, we'll put off the unmitigated horror of our shit plan until after mid-term elections, god!"

Reply #1099
So they've settled on repeal now, replace later? I thought that didn't have the votes?

ETA: I guess they're just going to mess with the house bill, but the tone sure makes it sound like repealing is the only substantive commitment before midterms.
  • Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:03:08 PM by Quizalufagus