Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: If only we hadn't run Schneibster off!!!

Topic: Fallout:New Vegas (Read 547 times) previous topic - next topic

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Fallout:New Vegas
What a clunky interface. I now understand why I quit it the first time

• Bilirubin
Re: Fallout:New Vegas
Reply #1
Playing drunk however owns. One can stumble around and still find useful shit.

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #2
It is the best Fallout after 1 and 2.

• Bilirubin
Reply #3
Starting to get the hang of it. Holy hell though, cluuuuuunky UI

Story is cool and the sandbox world is occasionally hilarious

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #4
Are you playing it on PC?

• Bilirubin
Reply #5
yes

• ksen
Reply #6
If you were Steam friends with bili you would have seen him logging on and off Fallout: NV all weekend.

• Bilirubin
Reply #7
then there was me opening the launcher then going out of town leaving it open and recording 9 consecutive game hours that never happened because Steam sucks

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #8
then there was me opening the launcher then going out of town leaving it open and recording 9 consecutive game hours that never happened because Steam sucks

This is why I have a thousand hours in Dragon Age Origins or whatever.  I mean, I did play a lot of that game, but I also leave stuff minimized for days at a time.

• ksen
Reply #9
Yeah, I'm the same way with EU4 and CK2.  I have over 400 hundred hours in both because I tend to leave the games paused and go do something else for awhile.

• Bilirubin
Reply #10
Man getting to Novac is a pain in the dick

Reply #11
what are the best must-have quality/life improvement mods? I've never gotten around to doing any of the DLC and want to fire FO:NV back up.

Reply #12

excuses for not reading my labmate's thesis, again?

Reply #13
I am playing fallout 4.

• ksen
Reply #14
I am playing fallout 4.
That's pretty good too.  I haven't finished it yet though.  But I enjoy the base building.

The current story-driven game I'm playing is Resident Evil 7.  It's pretty creepy.  It's supposed to have VR support but I can't imagine playing something like that in VR and not having a heart attack or a stroke.

Reply #15
i hate the base building.  if I wanted to build bases I would play a base building game.  I messed around with it a little bit at first but now I do the bare minimum to get by.

Reply #16
FO4 has a bad story but is fun as a generic post-apocalyptic shooter.

Reply #17
I don't hate the story (so far). 

Reply #18
I am playing Mass Effect Andromeda!

Reply #19
True story.

• ksen
Reply #20
tits or it didn't happen

• Bilirubin
Reply #21

excuses for not reading my labmate's thesis, again?
It wasn't ready until yesterday bing bing bong

• tysixtus
  • TITS GUNS
Reply #22
I am playing fallout 4.
That's pretty good too.  I haven't finished it yet though.  But I enjoy the base building.

The current story-driven game I'm playing is Resident Evil 7.  It's pretty creepy.  It's supposed to have VR support but I can't imagine playing something like that in VR and not having a heart attack or a stroke.

It is pretty good in VR; one of the best VR experiences to date, in my opinion.  And yeah, it is a good amount of scary.

• Bilirubin
Reply #23
Anyone have experience modding their New Vegas installs?

Reply #24
i've modded the shit out of skyrim and they have practically the same engine, but nah

Reply #25
also this seems as good a place as any to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78

• MikeS
Reply #26
Only Fallout 3 mods so far.  I haven't even searched for New Vegas.

• nesb
Reply #27

A couple years ago. I remember using an awful gaudy ENB preset with depth of field turned to 11.

• ksen
Reply #28
Head over to Nexus Mods.  They've made it really easy to get and install mods.

• Bilirubin
Reply #29
Was more asking about the process. But I muddled through and seem to have things installed and working.

What I really wanted was a mod that improved the autosave system so that I would not accidentially pull an entire faction, go through a door, then get locked into that outcome lest I replay like 5 hours of content (fuck the White Glove Society anyway). But to install that mod I first had to install a mod management system, then an advanced script manager, then the mod I wanted. But it all seems to be working fine in the end.

• Bilirubin
Reply #30
And I, er, seem to have bought Fallout 4 on the Summer Steam sale at 50% off

• ksen
Reply #31
Was more asking about the process. But I muddled through and seem to have things installed and working.

What I really wanted was a mod that improved the autosave system so that I would not accidentially pull an entire faction, go through a door, then get locked into that outcome lest I replay like 5 hours of content (fuck the White Glove Society anyway). But to install that mod I first had to install a mod management system, then an advanced script manager, then the mod I wanted. But it all seems to be working fine in the end.
Ahhh, this is the power of PC gaming.

Reply #32

you need an autosave mod anyway because the base game's autosave system can and will corrupt saves.

use mod organizer: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42572

Reply #33

Ahhh, this is the power of PC gaming.
modding is the game :getin:

• ksen
Reply #34
And I, er, seem to have bought Fallout 4 on the Summer Steam sale at 50% off
You can get Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition for around $5.00.  Well worth it and runs great on the PC.

I bought a walking simulator, Homesick, which while quite short (just over 2 hours) had a great soundtrack.  I also bought this weird game called The Cat Lady about a woman that commits suicide but gets sent back by an old lady she meets named Queen of Maggots to violently deal with "parasites" that Queen of Maggots wants dealt with.  It's basically a point and click but the style is really weird.

The Cat Lady trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOyuMltA1qA
  • Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:02:03 AM by ksen

• Bilirubin
Reply #35

you need an autosave mod anyway because the base game's autosave system can and will corrupt saves.

use mod organizer: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42572
I am using both it and LOOT

Reply #36
let me know when you start using FNVEdit to make custom patches, buddy!

• Bilirubin
Reply #37
I could cry was running through Vault 22 and CASM was making backups left and right. Nothing can go wrong now :unsmith: