Topic: Fallout:New Vegas (Read 490 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Fallout:New Vegas
Reply #25
also this seems as good a place as any to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78

• MikeS
Reply #26
Only Fallout 3 mods so far.  I haven't even searched for New Vegas.

• nesb
Reply #27
Anyone have experience modding their New Vegas installs?

A couple years ago. I remember using an awful gaudy ENB preset with depth of field turned to 11.

• ksen
Reply #28
Anyone have experience modding their New Vegas installs?
Head over to Nexus Mods.  They've made it really easy to get and install mods.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #29
Was more asking about the process. But I muddled through and seem to have things installed and working.

What I really wanted was a mod that improved the autosave system so that I would not accidentially pull an entire faction, go through a door, then get locked into that outcome lest I replay like 5 hours of content (fuck the White Glove Society anyway). But to install that mod I first had to install a mod management system, then an advanced script manager, then the mod I wanted. But it all seems to be working fine in the end.

• Bilirubin
Reply #30
And I, er, seem to have bought Fallout 4 on the Summer Steam sale at 50% off

• ksen
Reply #31
Was more asking about the process. But I muddled through and seem to have things installed and working.

What I really wanted was a mod that improved the autosave system so that I would not accidentially pull an entire faction, go through a door, then get locked into that outcome lest I replay like 5 hours of content (fuck the White Glove Society anyway). But to install that mod I first had to install a mod management system, then an advanced script manager, then the mod I wanted. But it all seems to be working fine in the end.
Ahhh, this is the power of PC gaming.

Reply #32

you need an autosave mod anyway because the base game's autosave system can and will corrupt saves.

use mod organizer: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42572

Reply #33

Ahhh, this is the power of PC gaming.
modding is the game :getin:

• ksen
Reply #34
And I, er, seem to have bought Fallout 4 on the Summer Steam sale at 50% off
You can get Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition for around $5.00.  Well worth it and runs great on the PC.

I bought a walking simulator, Homesick, which while quite short (just over 2 hours) had a great soundtrack.  I also bought this weird game called The Cat Lady about a woman that commits suicide but gets sent back by an old lady she meets named Queen of Maggots to violently deal with "parasites" that Queen of Maggots wants dealt with.  It's basically a point and click but the style is really weird.

The Cat Lady trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOyuMltA1qA
  • Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:02:03 AM by ksen

• Bilirubin
Reply #35

you need an autosave mod anyway because the base game's autosave system can and will corrupt saves.

use mod organizer: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42572
I am using both it and LOOT

Reply #36
let me know when you start using FNVEdit to make custom patches, buddy!

• Bilirubin
Reply #37
I could cry was running through Vault 22 and CASM was making backups left and right. Nothing can go wrong now :unsmith: