Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: What kind of feminist are you? (Read 975 times) previous topic - next topic

What kind of feminist are you?

Re: What kind of feminist are you?
Reply #1

I think the test is a bit crude though.

Reply #2
I'm taking the test right now but this question made me chuckle:

Question 10 of 42:
If the use of sex robots becomes a normal practice, this will lead to the dehumanization of women

Considering the current unequal distribution of sex robots
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #3
It lacks nuance, for sure.  I wound up with neutral answers to several questions because I disagreed with some implications of the question and agreed with others.

Still, thinking about some of the implications on one cup of coffee was a challenge.

Reply #4
Definitely skewed by question phrasing. Lots of questions I had to be neutral on because I couldn't speak for women.

Reply #5
My traditional score was definitely influenced by the neutral answers.

Reply #6
And yes, it did offer a lot of fodder for thought.

Reply #7
It lacks nuance, for sure.  I wound up with neutral answers to several questions because I disagreed with some implications of the question and agreed with others.

Still, thinking about some of the implications on one cup of coffee was a challenge.
I had more than a few neutral answers for similar reasons.

Reply #8
The dichotomy between Marxist feminism and radical feminism is a good example of something or things.  Using a monochromatic lens.  Where you wind philosophically up when your view is extreme.  argumentum ad absurdum. 

Reply #9
Well, the other side of that is the prescriptions. Similar diagnoses might not produce similar prescription. I noticed that at least a few questions that I had to mark neutral answers were about prescription rather than diagnosis. But questions like "does empowering women necessarily lead to disempowering men" are pretty straightforward questions that just serve as privilege checks. I mean, if you marked agree or strongly agree, there wouldn't be much point in grading the rest other than to plum the psychology.

Reply #10

Sounds about right, despite the already noted poor phrasing of many of the questions.

• tysixtus
  • SAMURAI DORUGO

Reply #11
Some of these questions were indeed bullshit, but I fell out where I expected:

Reply #12

Reply #13
this test is sometimes kinda dumb. like for example: "Market economies unfairly favor men's abilities over women's." it's just not an easy call for the designers to adjudicate answers because there are a number of reasons why someone might agree or disagree. like i'd be inclined to disagree because i don't believe that there is some essential set of "men's abilities" and "women's abilities" at least to any degree that's significant in modern society. but if i disagree, is the test going to take that to mean "herp derp equality already achieved, quit whining snowflakes"? i guess if the test is really super sophisticated it can correlate agreement or disagreement with this with other answers to figure out which one i likely mean but :unsure:

didn't read the thread, don't care if anyone already mentioned this.

Reply #14
also ty how triggered were you by the fact that the first question was about anita sarkeesian  :hmm:

Reply #15
another example: "The state should enforce quotas mandating that a certain percentage of male-dominated high-end jobs (CEOs, board memberships, professorships, etc.) should go to women."

disagree because the state should actually be nationalizing all industries and turning them over to democratic worker control

though i guess at that point you're still going to have to worry about gender imbalance in the consensus-appointed temporary leadership of our future glorious workers' syndicates so again  :unsure:

Reply #16
anyway:

eta:
Cultural Feminism

Cultural Feminism holds that women and men are essentially different and that women are generally more nurturing, more empathic, and less violent than men. Cultural Feminists seek to celebrate these qualities, which they believe have been oppressed by men.

lol no, how did i get 67% of this shit wtf
  • Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:44:54 AM by the idea of Harambe

Reply #17
5 post smash capitalist patriarchy combo

• tysixtus
  • SAMURAI DORUGO

Reply #18
also ty how triggered were you by the fact that the first question was about anita sarkeesian  :hmm:

I think the questions are random, I got this one towards the end.  But I agreed with it, people who don't play video games should shut the fuck up about them.

Reply #19

I think the questions are random, I got this one towards the end.  But I agreed with it, people who don't play video games should shut the fuck up about them.
^^^triggered

Reply #20
anyway:

eta:
Cultural Feminism

Cultural Feminism holds that women and men are essentially different and that women are generally more nurturing, more empathic, and less violent than men. Cultural Feminists seek to celebrate these qualities, which they believe have been oppressed by men.

lol no, how did i get 67% of this shit wtf

I was surprised by a high percentage on cultural feminism, too.  I think it must be down to how the test designer deals with the crappy questions.  If an answer could be "agree because smash capitalism" or "agree because women have to pretend to be men to get ahead in this crap system", etc.,  maybe the results are split among the possible ideologies.

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024

Reply #21
Some of these questions were indeed bullshit, but I fell out where I expected:

lol

Reply #22
alright, comrades

• MikeS
  • Needs a Life

Reply #23
Where does the "FemiNazi" classification fit?

Reply #24
In you're butt.

Reply #25

Reply #26
you are a disgrace to women, with real problems, everywhere

Reply #27
agreed

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot

Reply #28
http://www.celebritytypes.com/feminism-5/smallChart.php?trad=42&lib=82&radic=35&marx=49&cult=35

Goddammit, TR sucks on my iPad.  Everything's all borked, can't figure out how to stick an image in, grr,  fuckitalltohell.

Low tech version:

Traditionalism 42%
Liberal Feminism 82%
Radical Feminism 35%
Marxist Feminism 49%
Cultural Feminism 35%

Liberal Feminism is pretty much where I figured I'd land.  Bit surprised my Marxist marks are as high as they came out.  I'm leaning toward stupid test design on that.  Could be confirmation bias though.
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

• nesb
  • Needs a Life

Reply #29

I think the test just tags you as a Marxist if you think women are roughly equal to men as workers.

• Fenrir
  • Needs a Life

Reply #30
Go to your profile.

Select "look and layout"

Tick "use full editor on quick reply".

That might help.
It's what plants crave.

Reply #31
another thing i noticed about this test: the percentages don't add up to 100! what a crock of shit!

Reply #32
I think that's more of a "how closely do your answers match with those we assign to each group". So you could be a "marxist feminist" without actually subscribing to marxist ideaology because you don't agree with communism, but you do agree with a bunch of stuff to do with how inequality is ingrained in society and how capitalism concentrates power and wealth and you want to see that changed.
Why do I bother?

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot

Reply #33
My profile already has that selected.  It just doesn't work.  Quoting doesn't work either.

Reply #34
get an android tablet

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot

Reply #35
Meh. Effort.

Reply #36